There are 111 users in the forums

All Eyes On Nate Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
All i know is that if Davis shines against the starters on sunday it should insure us that he could be thrown in at anytime during the season

if Smith faulters witch i honestly think is going to happen he should get the Shaun Hill treatment play a month choke on it & give way (hoping) Nate

i know what Carr can do & thats pretty much nothing but take sacks
& i dont need to see another version of Smith for the remainder of the season

thats why management should really pay attention these next few preseason games & if Davis out plays Carr he should at least be elevated to 2nd string just in case ol El Busto does it again......
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
All i know is that if Davis shines against the starters on sunday it should insure us that he could be thrown in at anytime during the season

if Smith faulters witch i honestly think is going to happen he should get the Shaun Hill treatment play a month choke on it & give way (hoping) Nate

thats why management should really pay attention these next few preseason games & if Davis out plays Carr he should at least be elevated to 2nd string just in case ol El Busto does it again......
What I don't understand, is that I read from giants camp (when carr was still with them) that he was looking good. The Carr I saw in that first preseason game, looked like a rookie, with his deer in headlights stare at the passrush.
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I'm starting to think this move is more to find out what Nate isn't rather than what he is. From Nate's comments, he seems to be thinking of himself as a gameday QB over a practice player due to his "success" in preseason. This move will probably bring him back to focus on learning the system rather than thinking he can wing it once the game begins.

They know he hasn't mastered enough plays to garner any serious thought yet.

Raye's playing Dr. Evil in order to crush these murmurings he is probably hearing about Nate.

Whats wrong with that talk, I like it from my QB. Reminds me of the confidence Aaron Rodgers had coming out, not like Alex's "um we might struggle its a learning experience b.s."

And what if he doesnt struggle? I think this move is more of a lack of faith in Alex.

I agree with this... they are trying to see what Nate can do. Should Alex Smith falter during the season, Nate may be a legitimate replacement which he could prove in these next few games. I am guessing they view Carr as a patchwork QB at best. Him losing reps in the preseason is not going to effect his gameplay if he is ever called upon...

The flipside would suggest that they are just giving Nate the experience of playing with the #2's, even though they know he will remain third string...

I don't think a QB can go into a regular season game with not enough knowledge of the playbook and be successful.

Who knows, maybe he can as did Alex with the repeated seam route to Vernon. Seemed like that was Alex's only successful play done a hundred times.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
I'm starting to think this move is more to find out what Nate isn't rather than what he is. From Nate's comments, he seems to be thinking of himself as a gameday QB over a practice player due to his "success" in preseason. This move will probably bring him back to focus on learning the system rather than thinking he can wing it once the game begins.

Raye's playing Dr. Evil in order to crush these murmurings he is probably hearing about Nate.

Whats wrong with that talk, I like it from my QB. Reminds me of the confidence Aaron Rodgers had coming out, not like Alex's "um we might struggle its a learning experience b.s."

And what if he doesnt struggle? I think this move is more of a lack of faith in Alex.

I agree with this... they are trying to see what Nate can do. Should Alex Smith falter during the season, Nate may be a legitimate replacement which he could prove in these next few games. I am guessing they view Carr as a patchwork QB at best. Him losing reps in the preseason is not going to effect his gameplay if he is ever called upon...

The flipside would suggest that they are just giving Nate the experience of playing with the #2's, even though they know he will remain third string...

Last year with hthe 3rd stringers.

This year with the 2nd stringers.

Next year with the starting O!!

Been looking and I can't find anything where Nate is talking in any way that would make a coach feel the need to bring him back down to earth. Do you have a link? In fact, the local paper in Indy actually had an online article speculating about whether the Colts would be better off if the 49ers had passed on Davis and the Colts picked him in the sixth instead of Painter. The author even asked Davis what he thought about that scenario and his answer was simply that he is happy he is with the 49ers. He's typically very humble in interviews and such, even when Ball State hit its first ever national ranking his last year there.

I don't think a QB can go into a regular season game with not enough knowledge of the playbook and be successful.

Who knows, maybe he can as did Alex with the repeated seam route to Vernon. Seemed like that was Alex's only successful play done a hundred times.

Just like Smith this is his second season under Raye's offense so i think Davis is on the same learning curve as Smith its not like its impossible for a Rookie or second year vet to come into a real game situation & be successful it has been done pleanty of times

yeah we all have heard that hes still Raw but so what without reps he cant shed that label

but look at Smith a 6 year vet & he still plays Raw at times
but that doesnt mean that Davis will take as long as him to progress
if anything i think if you compare Davis & Smith's 1st season Davis is way ahead in development even if he didnt play a down last season & Smith did during his rookie year Smith just looked lost everytime he set foot on the field Davis always looks comfortable when he gets a chance to hit the field

all am asking is a fair shot for Davis if he is capable to play solid against the starters he should get a fair shot to at least be Smith back up

by the way that Smith down the seem pass to Davis is Smith ONLY signature throw without that pass down the middle he would of been gone already

Davis salvaged Smith career with the niners at least one more season
I hate 49ers and I don't like your postings and Tupac come on he sucks lame ass rapper just delete your account. When was the last time 49ers even went to the superbowl PLEASE get over yourself football and life. If you follow failure you become a failure!!!!! I have ben following your postings and you always sayin some dumb homes

Just like Smith this is his second season under Raye's offense so i think Davis is on the same learning curve as Smith its not like its impossible for a Rookie or second year vet to come into a real game situation & be successful it has been done pleanty of times

yeah we all have heard that hes still Raw but so what without reps he cant shed that label

if anything i think if you compare Davis & Smith's 1st season Davis is way ahead in development even if he didnt play a down last season & Smith did during his rookie year Smith just looked lost everytime he set foot on the field Davis always looks comfortable when he gets a chance to hit the field

all am asking is a fair shot for Davis if he is capable to play solid against the starters he should get a fair shot to at least be Smith back up

by the way that Smith down the seem pass to Davis is Smith ONLY signature throw without that pass down the middle he would of been gone already

His signature is a swing pass to the Rb, about 3 yards infront of the RB. that leads to an incompletion.
cowboys all the way

Originally posted by unst4bl3:

His signature is a swing pass to the Rb, about 3 yards infront of the RB. that leads to an incompletion.

i forgot about that one......
Quote:
Tim from Costa Mesa, Calif., writes: My question is more of an observation than a question. Nate Davis; I understand he plays against second- and third-team defenses, and we have all heard about his learning disability. He always looks so good, though! He throws such a clean ball, seems to have great accuracy -- in and especially out of the pocket. What am I missing? Why hasn't he commanded more respect as the No. 2 man or had other teams interested in him? Call me crazy, but he looks better than Alex Smith and David Carr, and Shaun Hill and J.T. O'Sullivan and Trent Dilfer! I could go on! What am I missing here Sando!?

Mike Sando: It is important to trust our eyes here and give Davis credit where it is deserved. That said, the exhibition season is not about game planning or making adjustments or reads. It's about going out and playing the game. Those circumstances probably play to Davis' natural abilities (and all players' natural abilities). When you throw in all the other aspects that go along with regular-season football, young quarterbacks have their hands full -- with or without additional challenges related to how they learn. Those are things to keep in mind when trying to project how a couple strong exhibition performances might translate to the regular season.

ESPN: Support for 49ers Nate Davis
Originally posted by 49ershater:
I hate 49ers and I don't like your postings and Tupac come on he sucks lame ass rapper just delete your account. When was the last time 49ers even went to the superbowl PLEASE get over yourself football and life. If you follow failure you become a failure!!!!! I have ben following your postings and you always sayin some dumb homes

did you get any kind of education of any sort????
WTF are u saying in your post you Cowpuke you must hate to read Cowgirl blogs cuz they are booring as f*ck & since your in here face it deep inside your a 49ers fan thats why you opened a account

read over your statements b4 you post cuz bro you dont make sense at all

[ Edited by Tru2RedNGold25 on Aug 19, 2010 at 12:35:21 ]
Originally posted by mrgneissguy:

Been looking and I can't find anything where Nate is talking in any way that would make a coach feel the need to bring him back down to earth. Do you have a link? In fact, the local paper in Indy actually had an online article speculating about whether the Colts would be better off if the 49ers had passed on Davis and the Colts picked him in the sixth instead of Painter. The author even asked Davis what he thought about that scenario and his answer was simply that he is happy he is with the 49ers. He's typically very hum ble in interviews and such, even when Ball State hit its first ever national ranking his last year there.

"On game day, you have to step your level up," he said. "Just go out there and move the ball."

I took this quote as him not understanding there's more to a preseason game day than "stepping up" in fact, you don't step up in preseason, you fine tune things.

[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 19, 2010 at 12:36:00 ]
Skinny_Post: RT @NinerEmpireKing: @Skinny_Post any Nate Davis sighting? >> Lots of work in team period today
Share 49ersWebzone