Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by whiskywarlord:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Could you imagine if Nate really did turn out to be the future for this team? How many long before they write a book/movie about him?

i dont know how many long, but it would be a great story

I really don't think it's a great story. Kind of typical really. If you want to call him dum or slow do it and stop dancing around it like he's a retard or something. I think the opposite. I for one believe roughly half of the hall of fame is filled with not really bright people. Think about how many guy back in the day were pushed through school and college just because they were a heck of an athlete. Think of the reports you've heard about players not even attending class. Think of when the NCAA finally made sat/grades requirements and enforced them. Being a wiz mostly does not translate on the football field. Your boy Alex is proof of that. I know I'll probably get roasted but I get tired of folks saying he's slow, but when giving the oppurtunity he's done nothing but show us he can play this game. On the Contrary QB like Alex Smith, Carr, and Joey Harrington get years of excuses to prove what.

remind me not to let YOU write the script to the movie

AFTER this season is over, i;ll write a story about alex smith, it may be a little diff than yours, but atleast it will be accurate

How is that? We watching the same games aren't we. I'm not dissin Smith. He has potential. But 5 year down the line that not good. I am a Smith SUPPORTER..... But I dont get your statement

this upcoming season, is what will write the history of alex smith, if he does good this year, everything in the past is moot,thats all im saying,

I believe that was said in 07, 08 and 09.

If he does a decent job, which isn't much to ask, then we'll probably hear it again in 2011.

07 and 08 huh.....he was hurt, but your right,he should have played alot better in IR, i mean really, what a wuss, your just on IR kid, get out there play

2009... now were drinkin my stuff, he played, and earned the starting spot. NOW WHAT?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I guarantee you Davis is a better QB than Smith. GUARANTEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or I'll blow you.

I think so.. if alex does make fail for his team or didn't make playoff this year.. Forget it about Alex anymore.. then Nate Davis will should start next year..

I am in agree with you Yoda.

Nate Davis might not even be on the team next year....did that cross your mind master yoda
Could you imagine if Nate really did turn out to be the future for this team? How many long before they write a book/movie about him?

I really don't think it's a great story. Kind of typical really. If you want to call him dum or slow do it and stop dancing around it like he's a retard or something. I think the opposite. I for one believe roughly half of the hall of fame is filled with not really bright people. Think about how many guy back in the day were pushed through school and college just because they were a heck of an athlete. Think of the reports you've heard about players not even attending class. Think of when the NCAA finally made sat/grades requirements and enforced them. Being a wiz mostly does not translate on the football field. Your boy Alex is proof of that. I know I'll probably get roasted but I get tired of folks saying he's slow, but when giving the oppurtunity he's done nothing but show us he can play this game. On the Contrary QB like Alex Smith, Carr, and Joey Harrington get years of excuses to prove what.

AFTER this season is over, i;ll write a story about alex smith, it may be a little diff than yours, but atleast it will be accurate

How is that? We watching the same games aren't we. I'm not dissin Smith. He has potential. But 5 year down the line that not good. I am a Smith SUPPORTER..... But I dont get your statement

this upcoming season, is what will write the history of alex smith, if he does good this year, everything in the past is moot,thats all im saying,

If he does a decent job, which isn't much to ask, then we'll probably hear it again in 2011.

07 and 08 huh.....he was hurt, but your right,he should have played alot better in IR, i mean really, what a wuss, your just on IR kid, get out there play

2009... now were drinkin my stuff, he played, and earned the starting spot. NOW WHAT?

I'm not the one that said 07 and 08 were his "make or break" years, if you were lurking this site at that time you'd know what I mean, so your attempted humor at my expense is useless. All I'm saying is we hear this same claim every single year. If he gets hurt this year, we'll hear it again next year.

As for 2009.. NOW WHAT, huh? I'll tell you what: if he had played as well as you'd like to think, then why is it THIS YEAR that's now his "make or break" year?

[ Edited by 49erRider on Aug 18, 2010 at 15:02:44 ]
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I guarantee you Davis is a better QB than Smith. GUARANTEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or I'll blow you.

I think so.. if alex does make fail for his team or didn't make playoff this year.. Forget it about Alex anymore.. then Nate Davis will should start next year..

you post makes fail

my attempted humor at your expense did not fail, because i laughed out loud

i didnt say it was a make or break, dont put letters in my mouth

with a full year under his belt,plenty of weapons,he (alex smith) must take advantage, ohhhhhh and a little thing called LAST YEAR OF CONRTACT, do you like math? i dont, but i understand it

I'm not the one that said 07 and 08 were his "make or break" years, if you were lurking this site at that time you'd know what I mean, so your attempted humor at my expense is useless.

As for 2009.. NOW WHAT, huh? I'll tell you what: if he had played as well as you'd like to think, then why is it THIS YEAR that's now his "make or break" year?

with a full year under his belt,plenty of weapons,he (alex smith) must take advantage, ohhhhhh and a little thing called LAST YEAR OF CONRTACT, do you like math? i dont, but i understand it

[ Edited by whiskywarlord on Aug 18, 2010 at 15:04:54 ]
It's no joke people, from the start of mini-camps the organization was hoping/pulling for Nate to win the #2 job, but since Nate stunk up most of the mini-camps/OTAs Carr (of course) started to edge himself for that spot (but like every year, it isn't until pre-season when the men start to show up).

Nate could win the #2 spot by week one if he continues to play like he always has in pre-season, Carr will be cut after this season and we could have a lot of looming questions at QB, so we need to see what we truly have in Nate Davis before he possibly goes to another NFL team and becomes the next Bret Favre. (I'm just saying.)

I really hope Davis just makes an impact this Sunday simply based upon Chris Collinsworth being one of the announcers (one of the hecklers who bashed Nate more than others whilst coming out of college).
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
It's no joke people, from the start of mini-camps the organization was hoping/pulling for Nate to win the #2 job, but since Nate stunk up most of the mini-camps/OTAs Carr (of course) started to edge himself for that spot (but like every year, it isn't until pre-season when the men start to show up).

Nate could win the #2 spot by week one if he continues to play like he always has in pre-season, Carr will be cut after this season and we could have a lot of looming questions at QB, so we need to see what we truly have in Nate Davis before he possibly goes to another NFL team and becomes the next Bret Favre. (I'm just saying.)

I really hope Davis just makes an impact this Sunday simply based upon Chris Collinsworth being one of the announcers (one of the hecklers who bashed Nate more than others whilst coming out of college).

where did you hear that? I always thought that they were more comfortable with Carr as the #2

well you can hope and pull all ya want, its just speculation....or masturbation, keep on topic folks, that guy is perv

First of all, I never said it failed, I said it was useless.

What's the difference? You said it will define him. "Make or break" is pretty much the same thing.

Last year of CONRTACT, huh?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Said Raye: "The one ability that he has is highlighted in the parts of the game he plays in. Because if a guy is open, he'll hit him, he'll get the ball to them. He's another guy who's in a position where he needs to play early on against guys who have played in the NFL. He needs to play in that level. ... In the second and third exhibition game, we will experiment with some of that."

"The one ability that he has highlighted... ...If a guy is open, he'll hit him, he'll get the ball to them."

Yea Raye, that is one particular "ability" that one should "highlight" when looking at the quarterback position, ya think?

Perhaps next week our coaches will realize that avoiding defenders is "one particular ability that can be useful at times" for a running back.
Or physically dominating a defensive tackle is an "important detail to analyze" when evaluating o-line play.
Or blanketing a WR is a "trait to take into consideration" when judging a cornerbacks ability.

I'm glad our coaches are figuring these things out now.

I'm starting to wonder if it's Nate Davis not getting the playbook or if it's Jimmy Raye just being too stupid to realize he (Nate) can handle it.

It's probably something like this.

In the meetings Jimmy Raye asks a question, "What's the hot read on Xcurl Zpost Yflip back point fake left fake handoff 16 slot in?
Alex Smith raises his hand quickly, followed by Carr two seconds later, while Nate Davis is sitting there puzzled slunking down in his chair trying to disappear from the room.
Jimmy Raye says, "Sigh... You two guys put your hands down, Nate! Hay Nate! Where are you? Oh, there you are! Where are you going?
Nate Davis says, "I need to use the restroom coach."
Raye, "Wait on that, I want you to answer the question first."
Davis, "I... I was studying the playbook, but I think I spilled some nacho cheese on those pages."
Raye, "Oh Nate, why Nate WHY?"
The other quarterbacks are visibly smirking, trying to hold back laughter.
Nate Davis stands up tall, takes a deep breath and says, "Coach, in my head, I don't know what the hell the hot read is on that play you put up. All I know is that in the actual game, when it happens, THEN I'll know, and I'll hit the guy."
Some snickering can now be heard from the other two quarterbacks in the room, laughing at Nate Davis's lack of book smarts.
Raye, "Hey quite down in here!" "Sigh, OK, Nate... ok... I'll go over the playbook with you tonight some more."
After the other players leave the meeting room Jimmy Raye says to Nate Davis, "You know what Nate, I'll give you a shot against Minnesota. I'll run that play, and we'll see if you can find the hot read at game time, I have my doubts, but we'll see."
Nate Davis, "THANKS coach!"

We'll just have to wait and see what happens...

Originally posted by HessianDud:

where did you hear that? I always thought that they were more comfortable with Carr as the #2

It was originally verb'd from Barrows around last Jan-Feb as we were heading into the off-season (and before we had acquired Carr in early March). -Barrows had a small source on the inside that the organization was hoping Nate take would mature fast enough before the regular season to be the #2 QB (for reasons unknown).
Originally posted by HessianDud:

It was originally verb'd from Barrows around last Jan-Feb as we were heading into the off-season (and before we had acquired Carr in early March). -Barrows had a small source on the inside that the organization was hoping Nate take would mature fast enough before the regular season to be the #2 QB (for reasons unknown).

i guess that makes sense. i would still be surprised if Nate overtakes Carr, unless he just plays lights out against #1s and #2s over the rest of the preseason (which I hope he does).
Said Raye: "The one ability that he has is highlighted in the parts of the game he plays in. Because if a guy is open, he'll hit him, he'll get the ball to them. He's another guy who's in a position where he needs to play early on against guys who have played in the NFL. He needs to play in that level. ... In the second and third exhibition game, we will experiment with some of that."

"The one ability that he has highlighted... ...If a guy is open, he'll hit him, he'll get the ball to them."

Yea Raye, that is one particular "ability" that one should "highlight" when looking at the quarterback position, ya think?

Perhaps next week our coaches will realize that avoiding defenders is "one particular ability that can be useful at times" for a running back.
Or physically dominating a defensive tackle is an "important detail to analyze" when evaluating o-line play.
Or blanketing a WR is a "trait to take into consideration" when judging a cornerbacks ability.

I'm starting to wonder if it's Nate Davis not getting the playbook or if it's Jimmy Raye just being too stupid to realize he (Nate) can handle it.

In the meetings Jimmy Raye asks a question, "What's the hot read on Xcurl Zpost Yflip back point fake left fake handoff 16 slot in?
Alex Smith raises his hand quickly, followed by Carr two seconds later, while Nate Davis is sitting there puzzled slunking down in his chair trying to disappear from the room.
Jimmy Raye says, "Sigh... You two guys put your hands down, Nate! Hay Nate! Where are you? Oh, there you are! Where are you going?
Davis, "I... I was studying the playbook, but I think I spilled some nacho cheese on those pages."
Nate Davis stands up tall, takes a deep breath and says, "Coach, in my head, I don't know what the hell the hot read is on that play you put up. All I know is that in the actual game, when it happens, THEN I'll know, and I'll hit the guy."
Some snickering can now be heard from the other two quarterbacks in the room, laughing at Nate Davis's lack of book smarts.
Raye, "Hey quite down in here!" "Sigh, OK, Nate... ok... I'll go over the playbook with you tonight some more."
After the other players leave the meeting room Jimmy Raye says to Nate Davis, "You know what Nate, I'll give you a shot against Minnesota. I'll run that play, and we'll see if you can find the hot read at game time, I have my doubts, but we'll see."

mmmm nachos

It's probably more like:

"Who can execute a pass to the hot read on Xcurl Zpost Yflip back point fake left fake handoff 16 slot in?
Nate Davis raises his hand quickly, while the other two sit there puzzled slunking down their chairs trying to disappear from the room.

Then, Raye forgets everything that just happened due to old age and sticks with the same depth order they started with, no matter what.
Share 49ersWebzone