There are 233 users in the forums

Thats a great idea

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TitsMcgee:
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by Antix:
I lol'd at Rayes quote.

He said something like "one thing about davis is, if the receivers open, he'll get him the ball" Then why in the FLYING F*CK IS HE JUST NOW GETTING MORE PT?!?!?! I know there's a lot to QBing, but isn't the most important part getting open receivers the ball??

I know Im being a bit simplistic, but it's still funny to me

Wasn't he referring to only in the preseason games and not practice?

Yeah, he was. I've always has the opinion that what you do in games is more important. So if he can hit receivers consistently in games then let him play more.

Im not gonna bash Smith, but it seems Davis has more inherent natural play making ability and I know Raye has to see that. Not to say Davis is better right now, but that natural play making ability should be given more PT.

I just found the quote funny cuz hitting open receivers is the first, most important and ultimately the only thing a QB really has to do.

Understanding the plays is the first step to a good quarterback. It's obvious that Davis has talent, but he is still playing recklessly and ad-libbing a majority of the plays. He's not ready at all yet, however he does deserve to battle Carr for Number 2.

That has a lot to do with the fact he only gets about 2 reps during team activities because they never even let him TRY. He might be one of those guys that learns in a hands-on environment. Letting him run the plays might help him learn the playbook. In other words, if he were to get 1st team (or even 2nd team) reps, he'd probably learn a lot quicker than just reading the playbook.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Exactly! lets manage our expectations a little. Nate constantly breaks the pocket against DE's who can't hold containment against our back up line. He also hits receivers after hes rolled out and they are wide open cause the 3rd string defense doesn't know their responsibilities after 2-3 seconds. Any NFL QB should be able to do that.

Then why couldn't Alex Smith do it in his own preseasons against backups?
Share 49ersWebzone