There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vikings at 49ers Preseason Game 2

Originally posted by Chief:
When does Westbrook suit up?

Im guessing next week
Originally posted by maya0724:
This will be the game on a national stage where Alex Smith will either Shine or Expose to the world the fraud that he is. Because the Vikings are not going to let us successfully run the ball. So this is where we will have to pass to move the ball down the field. And if Alex cant get the job done, it will be apparent on this national stage.

Hopefully he will take upon this challenge and SHINE and be the leader that we all want him to be. Alex assert yourself man!!!! This is your game to show that you have what it takes to lead this great team into the playoffs. I hope lol

So THIS is the game!?!
This will be the game on a national stage where Alex Smith will either Shine or Expose to the world the fraud that he is. Because the Vikings are not going to let us successfully run the ball. So this is where we will have to pass to move the ball down the field. And if Alex cant get the job done, it will be apparent on this national stage.

Hopefully he will take upon this challenge and SHINE and be the leader that we all want him to be. Alex assert yourself man!!!! This is your game to show that you have what it takes to lead this great team into the playoffs. I hope lol

Especially because people take alot into preseason games......

Truth be told he wont have this type of "pressure" until the second week of the regular season when we play the Aints on Monday night football cuz then we are actually scheming, playing, and doing whatever it takes to win.

I remember in the 06 preseason, Norv wanted Alex to throw picks because he wanted him to learn from them when it didnt matter. PRESEASON.

[ Edited by Aacadena on Aug 16, 2010 at 21:00:49 ]
If they start Robinson with the 1st string, I swear to god...................
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Do u think they are gonna start Frank? or do u think they are gonna go with Dix? i really dont like M.Rob either but f**k theres not much options cuz westbrook wont be ready.
Originally posted by Aacadena:

Truth be told he wont have this type of "pressure" until the second week of the regular season when we play the Aints on Monday night football cuz then we are actually scheming, playing, and doing whatever it takes to win.

I remember in the 06 preseason, Norv wanted Alex to throw picks because he wanted him to learn from them when it didnt matter. PRESEASON.

nothing will be sweeter for alex to pick apart the damn aints on national tv
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

nothing will be sweeter for alex to pick apart the damn aints on national tv

Hell yeah but if there pressure package is anything like last year we just gonna have to ride "Frank the Tank" to victory. but hell who knows maybe our Oline will gel by then.

Do u think they are gonna start Frank? or do u think they are gonna go with Dix? i really dont like M.Rob either but f**k theres not much options cuz westbrook wont be ready.

I think that Anthony Dixon should start, but I feel like Singletary will give the veteran Robinson the nod for a couple of series. I'm hoping I'm wrong here because wow, MRob is just s**t when it comes to running back. I want to see Dixon against first stringers to see if his moves, power, and burst translate to the actuality of a regular season game (or a taste of it at least -- it's still preseason!).
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

I think that Anthony Dixon should start, but I feel like Singletary will give the veteran Robinson the nod for a couple of series. I'm hoping I'm wrong here because wow, MRob is just s**t when it comes to running back. I want to see Dixon against first stringers to see if his moves, power, and burst translate to the actuality of a regular season game (or a taste of it at least -- it's still preseason!).

Good point but we also thought Coffee's preseason would translate into a decent back up at worst. But 2.7 yards....DAYUM. But i know what your saying plus it would give him the exposure if they do put in Dixon with the 1st string. s**t to be honest I didn't pay attention to his pass blocking.
Originally posted by wadjay:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
And hopefully Iupati can continue his solid play!

I watched the game but honestly didn't key on Iupati very much - is it pretty much generally agreed that he played well?

Yea he played great no grabbing or holding just punching and brute strength cant wait to see him against the Williams crew... Would love to see are 1st teamers score once or twice than watch the young guys beatdown on the Vikings backups might be drinking the Kool aid but I think we have good depth across the board.
Originally posted by sean610:
Originally posted by wadjay:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
And hopefully Iupati can continue his solid play!

I watched the game but honestly didn't key on Iupati very much - is it pretty much generally agreed that he played well?

Yea he played great no grabbing or holding just punching and brute strength cant wait to see him against the Williams crew... Would love to see are 1st teamers score once or twice than watch the young guys beatdown on the Vikings backups might be drinking the Kool aid but I think we have good depth across the board.

Yeah for a lineman its pretty much good if they are not noticed. Usually means they are doing their job. I mean unless we had a Larry Allen just destroying people which would get him notice. But that does not come around to often.

WESTBROOK baby!!!!!! Nah they won't start gore though that's a fact.

If he cant be productive with a basic defense coming at him on national tv I hope you dont think he will be successful come regular season where they will throw the kitchen sink at him. Its like Alex is a rookie and hes been the league 5 freaking years. Who gets half a decade to prove themselves at the QB position anymore! This is a passing league and we need to quickly evaluate this guy and make a decision, because who knows when the West will be this open for us again. We have all the pieces in place he just need to do his job consistently.
Everybody attending the game should remember to stop by the WZ tailgate party. We'll be in the same spot around noon-ish.
I think they hold out gore until 3rd Pre Seaon game an same goes for Westbrook. I'd say Dixon gets the call with first unit Offence in this one to see what his pass protection looks like against real starters.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home