There are 294 users in the forums

what you liked and didnt like ( PRESEASON WEEK 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Like: Dixon, Iupati, our pass rush, Kyle Williams , and Caulcrick

Didn't like: A Davis, Ginn as a return guy and his gator arms on that WR screen, MRob as a runner, and any injuries

Davis just need reps. Lots of reps
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Like: Dixon, Carr

Dislike: Smith, Smith, and more Smith. Still cant get it done. Looks scared under pressure. Off target on majority of his passes.........3/9 for 37 yards YIKES !

If Smith remains starter for the rest of the year, we're in big trouble........

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Dislike: Smith, Smith, and more Smith. Still cant get it done. Looks scared under pressure. Off target on majority of his passes.........3/9 for 37 yards YIKES !

Swing to MRob was very catchable, just rewatched it. And Walked dropped the ball!!

I don't know what you are seeing here but that does not look like a very good pass to me. It seems more like a good effort by Walker than a good pass. Alex seems to have a bistory of these types of interceptions as his timing looks a bit off and I don't know if Walker was even the best option on this play. Regardless, it is a tough catch tomake in traffic.

Walker touched it so he was able to get it, he dropped it.

I am not personally attacking you when I say this; but that is some of the dumbest reasoning used to blame a reciever for an interption. Every ball that a reciever touches does not make it a good pass.

Doesn't have to be a perfect pass, it was catchable. Rule 1, you touch it you catch it. He had his hands on it and didn't bring it down, that's what his job is.

No. Rule 1 is that you make the decision to throw the ball to the right man and that your throw be good enough for him to catch it. It was a bad pass and he made a good effort to catch it. plain and simple.

It was good enough for him to catch it but he didn't.

Look what he has to do to get in a postion to even touch the ball. He has to jump in the air while turning his body wit a defender on him. A good pass on a slant patern is one that hits the man in stide. And that is a good pass???

DUDE the pass was ON the MONEY. It HIT Walker's hands, he just could not make the catch!! GET OVER IT

NO...U GET OVER IT...IT WAS NOT A GOOD PASS AND THE HOMERISM combined with becoming accustomed to Mediocrity IS BLINDING!

What is there for me to get over? I watched the play live and watched the ball HIT Walker's hands and bounce up in the air, falling into a defender's. Prettttty self explanatory that it wasn't Smith's fault... Big difference in comparison to the under thrown ball to V.Davis. Whine and complain about THAT one.

I'm not whining. I am disagreeing. I am not even going to touch the obvious. But I'm am pretty certain that Alex himslef would not agree that this was a good pass. You simply cannot force your player to make those type of adjustments on a slant pattern and call it a good pass. Ahhh...not feeling that one my friend.

Is this better for you

Skinny_Post

Sing felt Delanie Walker should have caught that pass that wound up intercepted; said he jumped early

Yes it is. I didn't see the early jump and up until this point it was never metnioned. It shows me that Sing is a good enough coach to not throw under the bus his starting QB who was outplayed by his backups.
Originally posted by NorthNiner:

lol Fail on both of you
Originally posted by NorthNiner:

lol Fail on both of you

Swing to MRob was very catchable, just rewatched it. And Walked dropped the ball!!

I don't know what you are seeing here but that does not look like a very good pass to me. It seems more like a good effort by Walker than a good pass. Alex seems to have a bistory of these types of interceptions as his timing looks a bit off and I don't know if Walker was even the best option on this play. Regardless, it is a tough catch tomake in traffic.

I am not personally attacking you when I say this; but that is some of the dumbest reasoning used to blame a reciever for an interption. Every ball that a reciever touches does not make it a good pass.

Doesn't have to be a perfect pass, it was catchable. Rule 1, you touch it you catch it. He had his hands on it and didn't bring it down, that's what his job is.

No. Rule 1 is that you make the decision to throw the ball to the right man and that your throw be good enough for him to catch it. It was a bad pass and he made a good effort to catch it. plain and simple.

Look what he has to do to get in a postion to even touch the ball. He has to jump in the air while turning his body wit a defender on him. A good pass on a slant patern is one that hits the man in stide. And that is a good pass???

DUDE the pass was ON the MONEY. It HIT Walker's hands, he just could not make the catch!! GET OVER IT

NO...U GET OVER IT...IT WAS NOT A GOOD PASS AND THE HOMERISM combined with becoming accustomed to Mediocrity IS BLINDING!

What is there for me to get over? I watched the play live and watched the ball HIT Walker's hands and bounce up in the air, falling into a defender's. Prettttty self explanatory that it wasn't Smith's fault... Big difference in comparison to the under thrown ball to V.Davis. Whine and complain about THAT one.

I'm not whining. I am disagreeing. I am not even going to touch the obvious. But I'm am pretty certain that Alex himslef would not agree that this was a good pass. You simply cannot force your player to make those type of adjustments on a slant pattern and call it a good pass. Ahhh...not feeling that one my friend.

Is this better for you

Skinny_Post

Sing felt Delanie Walker should have caught that pass that wound up intercepted; said he jumped early

Yes it is. I didn't see the early jump and up until this point it was never metnioned. It shows me that Sing is a good enough coach to not throw under the bus his starting QB who was outplayed by his backups.

Yeah outplayed by his backups playing against a 2nd/3rd string defense.

Is this better for you

Skinny_Post

Now I do feel better: Oh wait...He is out starter so I don't:

"Smith missed high and away too many times, forcing his targets into the air and into harm's way.

Ted Ginn Jr. got blasted high on a screen pass, and Delanie Walker had a deep pass go off one outstretched hand and into a Colts interception. Smith also misfired on an open swing pass to Michael Robinson.

His worst throw cost the 49ers a touchdown. Tight end Vernon Davis got past the secondary on his signature deep post route, but Smith threw the ball behind Davis, who got turned around trying to reach the wayward pass."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=70183#ixzz0wiCYgx3p

hey ttime, take a break and stop talking for a while....you are the only one to convince yourself of a bad throw....his throw was on the money, sure it was a tough catch, but it was there for him to catch it, and it bounced off his hands.

Is this better for you

Skinny_Post

"Smith missed high and away too many times, forcing his targets into the air and into harm's way.

Ted Ginn Jr. got blasted high on a screen pass, and Delanie Walker had a deep pass go off one outstretched hand and into a Colts interception. Smith also misfired on an open swing pass to Michael Robinson.

His worst throw cost the 49ers a touchdown. Tight end Vernon Davis got past the secondary on his signature deep post route, but Smith threw the ball behind Davis, who got turned around trying to reach the wayward pass."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=70183#ixzz0wiCYgx3p

Sorry I'll take what Singletary said over that article anyday.

Is this better for you

Skinny_Post

Exactly. That needs to be cleaned up by now.

Is this better for you

Skinny_Post

MRob dropped a catchable ball

Smith and tight end Vernon Davis misread one another on the play where it appeared as though Smith missed a wide-open Davis by a couple yards over the middle. Davis adjusted the end of his route in a manner Smith did not anticipate.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

hey ttime, take a break and stop talking for a while....you are the only one to convince yourself of a bad throw....his throw was on the money, sure it was a tough catch, but it was there for him to catch it, and it bounced off his hands.

Hey ninerlifer...see above quote b4 telling me what I am doing with my eye-sight. But you are right though as I could show all of the evidence in the world and some people will remain to keep their opinion. Thanks for reminding me of that.

Is this better for you

Skinny_Post

MRob dropped a catchable ball

Smith and tight end Vernon Davis misread one another on the play where it appeared as though Smith missed a wide-open Davis by a couple yards over the middle. Davis adjusted the end of his route in a manner Smith did not anticipate.

Davis altered his route...

Alex on the Vernon miss... via MIKE SANDO

"We had a Cover 4 look and Vernon is really the only look there," Smith said. "He ran a great route and really nodded the guy hard and got the safety to jump outside, then went inside. It was something I hadn't anticipated, something we hadn't had a lot of work on because obviously we are not running all our stuff right now."

Smith took a five-step drop and fired the ball.

"Threw it where I wanted it," Smith said. "It was just a communication where I didn't know he was going to go through that kind of a nod move there. It's something we'll look at on film. Maybe it's a deal where he ran such a good route, maybe it's something we go to, maybe not."
All in all it was a great game for our rookies and 2nd strings. Our 1st string Defense was solid for 1 series saving a touchdown against Manning's 1st string offense. Our 1st String offense needs to click better and the right side of our O-Line NEEDS work. Hopefully A.Davis gets squared away come the Seattle game. Hopefully by then Smith will have at least .5-2 seconds of extra time to throw. He and the receivers also need to work a bit more to re-develop the chemistry they had last season. (ex. Smith to Davis)
Anyone got a clip of the Smith to Davis miss? I think I missed it when NFLN was blocking the game in and out. I tried to stream but it was glitchy and cutting in and out because of my 65.00 a month mobile broadband because I can't get DSL/Cable.

Otherwise, I am going to tape the game tomorrow morning on NFLN at 9 CT.
Share 49ersWebzone