LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

what you liked and didnt like ( PRESEASON WEEK 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Like: Dixon, Carr

Dislike: Smith, Smith, and more Smith. Still cant get it done. Looks scared under pressure. Off target on majority of his passes.........3/9 for 37 yards YIKES !

If Smith remains starter for the rest of the year, we're in big trouble........

Swing to MRob was very catchable, just rewatched it. And Walked dropped the ball!!

Alex is look good a threw the perfect but walked has hands touched the ball but dropped the ball!! that is happened it..

Originally posted by ttime1:

Dislike: Smith, Smith, and more Smith. Still cant get it done. Looks scared under pressure. Off target on majority of his passes.........3/9 for 37 yards YIKES !

Swing to MRob was very catchable, just rewatched it. And Walked dropped the ball!!

I don't know what you are seeing here but that does not look like a very good pass to me. It seems more like a good effort by Walker than a good pass. Alex seems to have a bistory of these types of interceptions as his timing looks a bit off and I don't know if Walker was even the best option on this play. Regardless, it is a tough catch tomake in traffic.

Walker touched it so he was able to get it, he dropped it.

I am not personally attacking you when I say this; but that is some of the dumbest reasoning used to blame a reciever for an interption. Every ball that a reciever touches does not make it a good pass.

Doesn't have to be a perfect pass, it was catchable. Rule 1, you touch it you catch it. He had his hands on it and didn't bring it down, that's what his job is.

No. Rule 1 is that you make the decision to throw the ball to the right man and that your throw be good enough for him to catch it. It was a bad pass and he made a good effort to catch it. plain and simple.

It was good enough for him to catch it but he didn't.
Nate Davis has more natural gifts than Smith or Carr. Smith looked same old, same old, only this time with different publicity campaign. Carr is a defensive linesman's dream.
Dislike: the fact that people are still debating a stupid interception in a preseason game filled with some good and surprising performances from our new players.
I didn't Like
Our starting reciever group dropping the balls from alex. Dam Alex hit them right in the hands. D. Walker, Ginn, and someone else.

Our starting O-line looked week from A. Davis side! How many times did he get beat?

Dip shi* dropping the punt.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I'm iffy on alex's performance some throws looked sharp and others were off the mark. The interception was definitely not his fault. What I'm more concerned about is our offensive line... Iupati looked great, but Anthony Davis and Rachal were not impressive in the passing game, both Smith and Carr struggled with pressure until the line faced 2nd and 3rd stringers
Thanks for the vid clips. Walker was opened had good position on the defender for the catch, he just didn't make it. The defender draped all over him. Someone posted that it was thrown into triple coverage. They need to watch that again. In the NFL it's always triple coverage if the QB threw too late and let it be triple coverage. Smith threw on time had Walker in an open window, got the ball there, but Walker, for a second, did an imitation of Vernon Davis of old

'Smith threw into triple coverage!'

I don't know what you are seeing here but that does not look like a very good pass to me. It seems more like a good effort by Walker than a good pass. Alex seems to have a bistory of these types of interceptions as his timing looks a bit off and I don't know if Walker was even the best option on this play. Regardless, it is a tough catch tomake in traffic.

I am not personally attacking you when I say this; but that is some of the dumbest reasoning used to blame a reciever for an interption. Every ball that a reciever touches does not make it a good pass.

Doesn't have to be a perfect pass, it was catchable. Rule 1, you touch it you catch it. He had his hands on it and didn't bring it down, that's what his job is.

No. Rule 1 is that you make the decision to throw the ball to the right man and that your throw be good enough for him to catch it. It was a bad pass and he made a good effort to catch it. plain and simple.

Look what he has to do to get in a postion to even touch the ball. He has to jump in the air while turning his body wit a defender on him. A good pass on a slant patern is one that hits the man in stide. And that is a good pass??? When interceptions occur on slant patterns they often look just like this.

[ Edited by ttime1 on Aug 15, 2010 at 13:55:48 ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
liked
dixon- good day and what a mean stiff arm on that td run.
D.Briggs- had the best day pass rushing.
Nate Davis- very efficient

Disliked
Michael Robinson- one word, terrible
Smith high throws
Rachal and Davis pass protection

Look what he has to do to get in a postion to even touch the ball. He has to jump in the air while turning his body wit a defender on him. A good pass on a slant patern is one that hits the man in stide. And that is a good pass???

DUDE the pass was ON the MONEY. It HIT Walker's hands, he just could not make the catch!! GET OVER IT

Originally posted by defenderDX:

Look what he has to do to get in a postion to even touch the ball. He has to jump in the air while turning his body wit a defender on him. A good pass on a slant patern is one that hits the man in stide. And that is a good pass???

DUDE the pass was ON the MONEY. It HIT Walker's hands, he just could not make the catch!! GET OVER IT

This!
Was totally underwhelmed with the tackling today.. Seemed like we had a lot of missed tackles... Taylor Mays looked all right..

NO...U GET OVER IT...IT WAS NOT A GOOD PASS AND THE HOMERISM combined with becoming accustomed to Mediocrity IS BLINDING!
Originally posted by BHulman:
I thought RJF looked pretty good.

This.

I only watched the first qtr because I had to go to work, but Alex smith dissapointed even though it's a preseason game.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

This!

seriously

alex may did not have a good day but he wasnt bad either i dont expect the nieners to get into a groove till week 3 of preseason because of the o line however it will happen patience is the key and it shouldnt be hard especially since its the preseason
Share 49ersWebzone