LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

what you liked and didnt like ( PRESEASON WEEK 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Like: Dixon, Carr

Dislike: Smith, Smith, and more Smith. Still cant get it done. Looks scared under pressure. Off target on majority of his passes.........3/9 for 37 yards YIKES !

If Smith remains starter for the rest of the year, we're in big trouble........

Off target? He was 3/9 because of ONE bad throw, drops, and had to throw it away because A.Davis couldn't block his man. Not to mention the 1 interception was tipped off of Delanie into a defender. You obviously just saw the stats and didn't pay attention even if you did watch the 1st quarter.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
I'm not sure if I liked it or not, but there was a Cody Wallace sighting! lol.

Fixed.

ha. you never know, he might've signed an autograph for his mama.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
adding to my list of dislikes..

THe nfl network all colts, all the time broadcast.
All the Tim Tebow commercials.

you will get the same for every home team in the preseason. they use the local broadcasters and they will always be the homers. they wernt as bad as the raiders ones tho.

+1 on the tebow. someone has serious man crush on him.

game wise, the whole O looked bad for the start of the game. but once they settle in i.e brought in Dixon. i was impressed that for someone that was literally a 4th stringer at mid week, he looked good. played practically the whole game. looked winded but what do you expect? he should start next week. I doubt we see gore agian.

briggs brought the wood. all over the field today. defensive MVP
Originally posted by jreff22:

Dislike: Smith, Smith, and more Smith. Still cant get it done. Looks scared under pressure. Off target on majority of his passes.........3/9 for 37 yards YIKES !

Swing to MRob was very catchable, just rewatched it. And Walked dropped the ball!!

I don't know what you are seeing here but that does not look like a very good pass to me. It seems more like a good effort by Walker than a good pass. Alex seems to have a bistory of these types of interceptions as his timing looks a bit off and I don't know if Walker was even the best option on this play. Regardless, it is a tough catch tomake in traffic.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by prime21:
Originally posted by fister30:
Carr made solid decisions when passing the ball. Anybody can tell that he is a seasoned vet. Smith is the starter but Carr is a legitimate back up who can win.

Yeah too bad he took so many sacks.

I'm not too upset about that. Remember Alex took something like 6 or 7 sacks in the first pre-season game last year and clearly did better than Hill when we put him in as the starter...

Yeah he threw OK when he had a chance to. but he takes too long to git rid of the ball and does not move well in the pocket. That was a crafty run for the first down though.
Originally posted by ttime1:

Swing to MRob was very catchable, just rewatched it. And Walked dropped the ball!!

I don't know what you are seeing here but that does not look like a very good pass to me. It seems more like a good effort by Walker than a good pass. Alex seems to have a bistory of these types of interceptions as his timing looks a bit off and I don't know if Walker was even the best option on this play. Regardless, it is a tough catch tomake in traffic.

Walker touched it so he was able to get it, he dropped it.

That pass was perfect and should have been caught.

I am not personally attacking you when I say this; but that is some of the dumbest reasoning used to blame a reciever for an interption. Every ball that a reciever touches does not make it a good pass.

Alex made a good throw, it WAS on the money. Walker just tipped it up. But I don't blame him that catch wasn't easy.
Originally posted by thojess:

That pass was perfect and should have been caught.

Perfect?????? Yea right! The ball is thrown so that he has to adjust his body while jumping in the air on a slatn pater and it is perfect???? Some of you all have become to accustomed to imperfection.

I am not personally attacking you when I say this; but that is some of the dumbest reasoning used to blame a reciever for an interption. Every ball that a reciever touches does not make it a good pass.

Doesn't have to be a perfect pass, it was catchable. Rule 1, you touch it you catch it. He had his hands on it and didn't bring it down, that's what his job is.
Dixon and Byham were obviously bright spots. Our entire defense looked good, minus our secondary being shifted out in the middle of Manning's drive. Imagine how much better the defense will be with Franklin and Willis as well (though RJF played very solidly).

As for Smith, I thoroughly reject the idea that 2 1/2 offensive series are enough to make a determination on how he played. With the run-first and physicality of this team, we're going to be continuing to hit guys past the 50th minute, as their defenses wear down. That's the way Singletary likes it. Smith played for half a quarter.

And even if you don't like Smith's play, its not like Carr or Davis are viable starting options at this point.

I think Smith will be very serviceable if he gets good protection. Anthony Davis was abysmal and clearly needs a lot of work. Teams will scout that ahead of time and take advantage of him every time, and Smith will constantly feel pressured or check down.

Alex is look good a threw the perfect but walked has hands touched the ball but dropped the ball!! that is happened it..

Doesn't have to be a perfect pass, it was catchable. Rule 1, you touch it you catch it. He had his hands on it and didn't bring it down, that's what his job is.

No. Rule 1 is that you make the decision to throw the ball to the right man and that your throw be good enough for him to catch it. It was a bad pass and he made a good effort to catch it. plain and simple.

very exactly it that!!
Share 49ersWebzone