2008 NFL Draft:
R1: Kentwan Balmer
- Looks like he can be labeled as a complete bust if he doesn't come back to the team
R2: Chilo Rachal
- Hopefully he'll kick it up a notch, but right now he's a mediocre RG.
R3: Reggie Smith
- He's shown flashes on the practice field, but he's never demonstrated anything in the regular season. He may also get passed by Taylor Mays for the 3rd S spot.
R4: Cody Wallace
- Even with Heitmann's injury, Baas and Wragge will be the primary centers. Compete bust pick.
R6: Josh Morgan
- This is where the Terry Donahue comparison stands true. Morgan has developed into a solid #2/#3 starting WR, and Donahue found some gems in the late rounds (Battle, Heitmann, Lee).
R7: Larry Grant
- Not a fit for the 3-4 D, but Grant seems to be developing into a promising player - ala Koiser.
2009 NFL Draft:
R1: Michael Crabtree
- This may be the only exception to my comparison.
R3: Glen Coffee
- Retired before entering his 2nd year in the league.
R5: Scott McKillop
- Solid backup/ST player ala Keith Lewis
R5: Nate Davis
- Preseason will decide his fate, but he does compare a bit to Cody Pickett.
R6: Bear Pascoe
- Good pick on draft day, but got cut before the regular season.
R7: Curtis Taylor
- Again, this could be a Keith Lewis type pick. Taylor has shown flashes in practice this year.
- Another good late selection. It's sad that, outside of Crabtree, Taylor and RJF are the ones with the highest ceiling it seems like.
Obviously, it's not the perfect comparison, but you can see where there are great similarities.