There are 161 users in the forums

What a bummer, Balmer!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Balmer aims to return to 49ers: ‘That’s the plan,’ he says

Kentwan Balmer, absent from training camp without permission, said he has a meeting scheduled with coach Mike Singletary today and plans to return to the 49ers.

In an exclusive interview with The Mercury News, the third-year defensive end echoed the team’s stance that this is a personal matter. Balmer will miss his fifth consecutive practice today and said he needs more time to handle things.

Asked if he was going to play for the 49ers again, Balmer said: “That’s the plan.”

The Mercury News reached Balmer by knocking on the door of his Santa Clara home. He did not disclose the nature of his personal issues and said he would discuss them only with Singletary.

“People are making a big deal about of nothing,’’ Balmer said. “I feel like the 49ers could do a better job of saying that, but it’s not my place to say.’’

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2010/08/11/balmer-aims-to-return-to-49ers-thats-the-plan-he-says/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Uh oh...now it's the Niners fault for not doing a better job, huh? His meeting with Singletary should end with these last words from the HC: "you're outta here!"

If it's nothing Ken...I suggest you get ur ass BACK TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by pdxredandgold:
man, i think I'm starting to hate this dude. It's a privilege to play in the NFL.

no s**t man. All these f**king dudes get their contracts then just sit on their asses. Contracts should be earned!!
Its sounded like depression to me from day 1. I really doubt its the NCAA thing, especially if he is denying its a big deal, that could be depression. I do think the 49ers need to be doing more to reach out to him, if it is something they can help with.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Just cut the bust already !!!
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Its sounded like depression to me from day 1. I really doubt its the NCAA thing, especially if he is denying its a big deal, that could be depression. I do think the 49ers need to be doing more to reach out to him, if it is something they can help with.

I'm sure he can afford therapy that the rest of us could purchase a house with.
Originally posted by pdxredandgold:

I'm sure he can afford therapy that the rest of us could purchase a house with.

If it is depression, at least he's not going Delante West on us.

Kentwan Balmer, absent from training camp without permission, said he has a meeting scheduled with coach Mike Singletary today and plans to return to the 49ers.

In an exclusive interview with The Mercury News, the third-year defensive end echoed the team’s stance that this is a personal matter. Balmer will miss his fifth consecutive practice today and said he needs more time to handle things.

Asked if he was going to play for the 49ers again, Balmer said: “That’s the plan.”

The Mercury News reached Balmer by knocking on the door of his Santa Clara home. He did not disclose the nature of his personal issues and said he would discuss them only with Singletary.

“People are making a big deal about of nothing,’’ Balmer said. “I feel like the 49ers could do a better job of saying that, but it’s not my place to say.’’

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2010/08/11/balmer-aims-to-return-to-49ers-thats-the-plan-he-says/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Uh oh...now it's the Niners fault for not doing a better job, huh? His meeting with Singletary should end with these last words from the HC: "you're outta here!"

MaioccoCSN

And if Balmer had ANY chance of Mike Singletary & 49ers taking him back, that door might have shut tightly with that comment to the Merc.

MaioccoCSN

And if Balmer had ANY chance of Mike Singletary & 49ers taking him back, that door might have shut tightly with that comment to the Merc.

Great first McCloughan leaves for secret reason, and now Balmer is going to get kicked off the team for secret reasons.

What ever happened to "The truth will set you free!!!"

MaioccoCSN

Great first McCloughan leaves for secret reason, and now Balmer is going to get kicked off the team for secret reasons.

Obama got elected and transparency went right out the window

MaioccoCSN

Bush didn't even add the cost of both wars to the national debt, just left that figure on the side. So I wouldn't blame Obama for ending transparency. But lets not go there in Niner Talk....

Originally posted by susweel:
Just cut the bust already !!!

MaioccoCSN

Bush didn't even add the cost of both wars to the national debt, just left that figure on the side. So I wouldn't blame Obama for ending transparency. But lets not go there in Niner Talk....

It was a joke....but seriously just read this.
At first I said who when the niners drafted him, thought to self, self the niners know more than you, then thought he needs time cause he is raw. However, unlike some others, haven't heard him improving any or at least trying.

Now I am sick of him, if he doesn't have a GREAT pre-can his a$$.

MaioccoCSN

It was a joke....but seriously just read this.

yep its scary the world we live in. Good think we have sports to make us brain dead and forget about all the bad in world

Skinny_Post

RT @superjayman: @Skinny_Post Funny - I'm sure the 49ers feel like Balmer could do a better job of, you know... showing up at work.
Share 49ersWebzone