There are 269 users in the forums

What a bummer, Balmer!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Trade his Ass for a conditional 6th rounder, and sign a vet at the 53 man cut down!

He has no trade value in this league.

He's done. Just cut him.

-9fA

Yeah, your right, but a conditional pick is next to nothing, but any team that really wants him would probably wait and "risk" the waiver wire.
Time for some Baalke magic!
Skinny_Post

Sing says "there will not be any phone calls to Kentwan"
Hmm, young player who hasn't proven anything while competing for a BACKUP position along with being a 1st round pick leaves TC for a personal issue...

Better be one HELL of a personal problem or it's going to be a big doo-doo of a 1st round pick.

Big McCloughan Fail.

Curious on who else was available at that time during the draft?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Hmm, young player who hasn't proven anything while competing for a BACKUP position along with being a 1st round pick leaves TC for a personal issue...

Better be one HELL of a personal problem or it's going to be a big doo-doo of a 1st round pick.

Big McCloughan Fail.

Curious on who else was available at that time during the draft?

1 30 New York Jets Keller, DustinDustin Keller TE Purdue Big Ten from Green Bay
1 30.5– New England Patriots selection forfeited due to "Spygate" scandal[9]
1 31 New York Giants Phillips, KennyKenny Phillips S Miami (FL) ACC
2 32 Miami Dolphins Merling, PhillipPhillip Merling DE Clemson ACC
2 33 St. Louis Rams Avery, DonnieDonnie Avery WR Houston C-USA
2 34 Washington Redskins Thomas, DevinDevin Thomas WR Michigan State Big Ten from Oakland via Atlanta
2 35 Kansas City Chiefs Flowers, BrandonBrandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech ACC
2 36 Green Bay Packers Nelson, JordyJordy Nelson WR Kansas State Big 12 from New York Jets
2 37 Atlanta Falcons Lofton, CurtisCurtis Lofton LB Oklahoma Big 12
2 38 Seattle Seahawks Carlson, JohnJohn Carlson TE Notre Dame Ind. from Baltimore
2 39 San Francisco 49ers Rachal, ChiloChilo Rachal G USC Pac-10
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Time for some Baalke magic!

Time for the Dance of Joy!
I really hope this is a family issue, because missing training camp because your stupid alma-mater has problems is absolutely immature.

We still don't know if one of his family members is seriously ill or dieing etc. We should give him a little slack until we find out the true reason.
If a family member I was close to was sick or dieing, I would leave training camp too.

However, if this is because of college or relationship bulls**t issues, I would cut Balmer even if he was an All-Pro last year.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I really hope this is a family issue, because missing training camp because your stupid alma-mater has problems is absolutely immature.

We still don't know if one of his family members is seriously ill or dieing etc. We should give him a little slack until we find out the true reason.
If a family member I was close to was sick or dieing, I would leave training camp too.

However, if this is because of college or relationship bulls**t issues, I would cut Balmer even if he was an All-Pro last year.

Sing would let him go for serious family issues.
He was worthless since he got here and was going to get cut anyway. Now maybe it will be sooner rather than later.
Balmer aims to return to 49ers: ‘That’s the plan,’ he says

Kentwan Balmer, absent from training camp without permission, said he has a meeting scheduled with coach Mike Singletary today and plans to return to the 49ers.

In an exclusive interview with The Mercury News, the third-year defensive end echoed the team’s stance that this is a personal matter. Balmer will miss his fifth consecutive practice today and said he needs more time to handle things.

Asked if he was going to play for the 49ers again, Balmer said: “That’s the plan.”

The Mercury News reached Balmer by knocking on the door of his Santa Clara home. He did not disclose the nature of his personal issues and said he would discuss them only with Singletary.

“People are making a big deal about of nothing,’’ Balmer said. “I feel like the 49ers could do a better job of saying that, but it’s not my place to say.’’

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2010/08/11/balmer-aims-to-return-to-49ers-thats-the-plan-he-says/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Originally posted by jreff22:
Balmer aims to return to 49ers: ‘That’s the plan,’ he says

Kentwan Balmer, absent from training camp without permission, said he has a meeting scheduled with coach Mike Singletary today and plans to return to the 49ers.

In an exclusive interview with The Mercury News, the third-year defensive end echoed the team’s stance that this is a personal matter. Balmer will miss his fifth consecutive practice today and said he needs more time to handle things.

Asked if he was going to play for the 49ers again, Balmer said: “That’s the plan.”

The Mercury News reached Balmer by knocking on the door of his Santa Clara home. He did not disclose the nature of his personal issues and said he would discuss them only with Singletary.

“People are making a big deal about of nothing,’’ Balmer said. “I feel like the 49ers could do a better job of saying that, but it’s not my place to say.’’

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2010/08/11/balmer-aims-to-return-to-49ers-thats-the-plan-he-says/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Uh oh...now it's the Niners fault for not doing a better job, huh? His meeting with Singletary should end with these last words from the HC: "you're outta here!"
lol, he's in NO position to be a diva. Kick his sorry ass to the curb.
Aside from the drama. I still want to see if he can do anything on the field. They invested a first rounder to get him and it's only fair to see if the Niners get a return on their investment. He needs to get his act together though.
You know what is a bummer? Coming to the Webzone to read about today's morning practice, and finding the news section filled with Balmer stories...

Yes he was a former first round pick, but what had he done thus far, to ever warrant expectations that he would even become a starter someday? I would have thought the "Balmer hype"(if there ever was any) would have died by now?

I could give a rat's ass about this situation, or Balmer at this point. He made his bed, and he can lay in it. It's just unfortunate that this clown is taking media attention away from what really matters.
man, i think I'm starting to hate this dude. It's a privilege to play in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone