LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Does FB Moran Norris make the 53-man roster in 2010?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does FB Moran Norris make the 53-man roster in 2010?

His LAST Hoorah
  • BobS
  • Veteran
It would be nice to at least get a Tom Rathman or William Floyd type that could provide a little offensive output.
  • Mex49
I really hope not. 2006 was a long time ago and that makes him old.

Can't remember the last time he made an impact or got the hard yard when we needed it.
He just gets in the way more often than helps, 2006 is a long time ago for a fullbacks body. Not to mention the second he is in the game we handicap ourselves and basically tell the defense to follow the whole Norris is hitting. I was really bummed when we didn't pick up Weaver last year after he single-handedly destroyed us with the Hawks. Hopefully Brit Miller shows up and dominates with his opportunities the force to coaches to consider dropping Norris.
[ Edited by 5280High on Jul 27, 2010 at 10:54 AM ]
To me Norris is a waste of roster spot. He offers nothing above mediocre to decent blocking. He telegraphs what the offense is going to do, because he is a liability in every other facet of the game. If it's not a run play, then he is a wasted spot on the field imo. He was not good at all last year..
[ Edited by WINiner on Jul 27, 2010 at 3:15 PM ]
KA-BUMP.
Of course he makes the 53.

I can't believe people who would even question this. It really shows how little people understand the game despite how much they watch it. He's a key component to our run game. If you aren't sure, go look back at Gore's 49 yard run for one of many examples.
JEHUU!!!
Originally posted by WINiner:
To me Norris is a waste of roster spot. He offers nothing above mediocre to decent blocking. He telegraphs what the offense is going to do, because he is a liability in every other facet of the game. If it's not a run play, then he is a wasted spot on the field imo. He was not good at all last year..

Agreed. Between Robinson, Miller, and Byham they have the FB/H back position, which Raye RARELY uses anyways, covered quite nicely IMO. Plus Miller's contributions on ST, which we don't see from Norris.
They won't cut Norris, although I think they should.

Share 49ersWebzone