There are 259 users in the forums

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

Yup, cut him right now.
Originally posted by Pick6:
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I still think it's a relevant question. Our 1st pick in the draft didn't do so well in OTA's.

I thought someone might be a tad concerned.

Guess I was wrong.

I'm concerned that he had a bad report, yes.

But, seriously, the kid hasn't even signed his contract yet. Or participated in a real training camp with contact. Or played in a single game. So calling him a "bust" just seems attention-whory.

Is that a real word... regardless I'm using it.

As for this thread, I learned the word "attention-whory" so it served some value to me - thanks.

Whorey? Dunno, they both look wrong. How bout attention
whore-like?
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
A Veteran Created this thread?!!

OH NOW I KNOW HE'S THE LOGANIZER STRIPPER SNITCH!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Chill out guys.

Bill was just trying to create some conversation, no need to jump all over him for it. All he was saying that he does not want another Kwame Harris thats all, I think we can all agree upon that.
first of all this thread is niner talk at it's finest. don't worry though i've definitely had my moments on here. second of all, i've actually read articles that both davis and iupati shined in OTA's and practice. lastly, say queensbridge. just say queensbridge.
He'll never succeed, he hasn't even made an NFL start yet. Good Post. Next Post. Is 2017 the best year of this decade?
Dang Bill, you had to put your foot in it. Didn't you? Whhhhhhoooooowwwweeee!

Originally posted by DRnSFw:
A Veteran Created this thread?!!

OH NOW I KNOW HE'S THE LOGANIZER STRIPPER SNITCH!!
Trent Baalke said they had no bad film on Anthony Davis going into the draft. The reason why he didn't get drafted higher was he was labeled as being lazy. According to Matt Maiocco, Davis has already responded well to his conditioning program. Wait till the pads come on and give him a full season perhaps 2 seasons before you label him a bust. Below I pasted Maiocco's report on Anthony Davis that he posted today.

76-Anthony Davis: Nobody benefited more from those 6:30 a.m. running sessions on the practice field with strength and conditioning coach Duane Carlisle than Davis, the No. 11 overall draft pick. His conditioning clearly improved from the first day of the offseason program. Davis' indoctrination into his first NFL offseason was a difficult one, but that was to be expected of a raw 20-year-old kid. He was drafted because Mike Singletary liked his physical style. Davis should be OK in the run game once the pads go on. Pass protection was a problem during the non-padded work -- again, to be expected. Here's one word that must be applied in large doses with Davis as a rookie: Patience.

what I don't understand is how come they are not teaching kids anymore what a question mark is?

Bill - Is Anthony Davis a BUST?
50% of replies - Bill just called Davis a BUST.

. I find THAT more frustrating then a question which is an obvious reach at worthwhile disussion
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by danimal:
what I don't understand is how come they are not teaching kids anymore what a question mark is?

. I find THAT more frustrating then a question which is an obvious reach at worthwhile disussion

Worthwhile discussions and ninertalk are like oil and water.
There are some highly touted guys who, right out of college, make a great first impression. Right out of the blocks, everyone can see how special they are or are going to be. I think the poster was hoping, as many of us were, that Davis (and Iupati) was that kind of draft pick, esp after trading up to get him. The fact that neither of those guys burned up OTA's or mini's is a tad disappointing, but the "bust' word is way premature. Let's see what develops when they learn their assignments and the offense better and get in pads.
I find it rather amazing that this thread has gone five pages.

Did Logan's stripper get involved in this?

Now -- let's get this straight. Bill Bird is not THE SNITCH. He is THE APOLOGIST.

Two different things entirely. I still don't believe the snitch has been revealed -- but it ain't me.

IF -- and this is truly a big IF -- Alex Smith is to have even a DECENT season -- I think we all agree that he's going to need better protection up front than he received last season.

Can we all agree on this point? Emm?

That's why we drafted the earthmovers with our first two picks, right? To give better protection to Alex? Open up more holes for Frank the Tank?

So -- to hear that our first pick in the 1st round of the draft didn't fare so well in OTA's -- and is now "behind the curve," well that just bothered me a bit.

Thus -- the thread.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by danimal:

Worthwhile discussions and ninertalk are like oil and water.

So ninertalk can float? In case of an emergency, ninertalk can be used as a floating device. Good to know, better than ripping a greasy cushion thats been crushed by countless fat people and hoping that it holds up in the middle of the ocean.
Share 49ersWebzone