this makes no sense

LOL
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by GoGetit:
Way to Early. I wish Taylor Mays would of been pick 17

this makes no sense

LOL

my sarcasm meter is off the charts Batman!
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by GoGetit:
Way to Early. I wish Taylor Mays would of been pick 17

this makes no sense

LOL

my sarcasm meter is off the charts Batman!

this thread is bullsh.....
Originally posted by lamontb:
is this a joke?
Next thing you know there will be threads asking if players who are still in college are NFL busts. Is Jake Locker a bust? When will the madness end?
holy f**kin s**t this is retarded

NinerTalk should be closed until the first preseason game because of threads like this
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I still think it's a relevant question. Our 1st pick in the draft didn't do so well in OTA's.

I thought someone might be a tad concerned.

Guess I was wrong.

I'm concerned that he had a bad report, yes.

But, seriously, the kid hasn't even signed his contract yet. Or participated in a real training camp with contact. Or played in a single game. So calling him a "bust" just seems attention-whory.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Overkill:
I still think it's a relevant question. Our 1st pick in the draft didn't do so well in OTA's.

Guess I was wrong.

I'm concerned that he had a bad report, yes.

But, seriously, the kid hasn't even signed his contract yet. Or participated in a real training camp with contact. Or played in a single game. So calling him a "bust" just seems attention-whory.

Is that a real word... regardless I'm using it.

As for this thread, I learned the word "attention-whory" so it served some value to me - thanks.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Guess I was wrong.

It is a valid question. I think you are just forgetting where you are posting.

I could have made the same post about Rashaun Woods after his first OTA's and all the responses would have been the same.

People want to see a few bad games first before passing judgement, well hello....if you can't separate yourself in OTA's and practices, you won't be playing in any games anyway.

The fact of the matter here is every single 49er fan would have much preferred he kicked ass in OTA's. The mere fact that is what people would have wanted the most, and it did not happen is telling.

Most zoners don't have a sense of a meter reading on busthood vs Pro Bowler. Its just wait and find out in 3-4 years. Well, the people who decide these things don't wear the blinders many zoners do....you better freaking believe this does get Davis bad early marks on the grade sheet of the people who matter.

Bottom line, his playing poorly out the gate is not a good thing.

p.s. Also, mathematical odds are only one of these two linemen work out for us. Anyone who still does not realize that 1st rounders have a about a 50% success career rate is a little far behind. So this just falls into should have expected it territory if you ask me

He hasn't even put on the pads yet so there is no way to say he is a bust. This post is irrelevant until he has a body of work to be judged on.

He does have a body of work. His first OTA's. Its just like the old Alex Smith debates. Whenever you just want to throw away some work and completely ignore it, your position is flawed imo.

Alex Smiths rookie year should be ignored because of the team around him
Anthony Davis OTA's should be ignored because they were playing in shorts

See the pattern?

BTW...my answer was "Way too early to tell". I know it is too early to tell...but at the same time I am not going to just ignore this either.

Well, I can say I will safely ignore this and I present as my evidence a quote from Matt Barrows and his OTA observations a few years back:

Quote:
As far as *****, he hasn't jumped out yet. In fact, the guy playing in front of him, *****, looked especially good all week. ***** is a savvy veteran with a lot to prove this year. My prediction is he gives ***** a hell of a fight for that starting spot.

As I said ,those were observations from OTAs about Mid-June, I removed the name of the guys involved, but if you follow this Link you can actually see which rookie he was taking about Back then. That rookie did not light OTAs on fire, but I would say the guy turned out alright

• kem99
  • Veteran
Phil Barber's report on Anthony Davis following the just concluded minicamp is none too encouraging.

In his words: "It's hard to get an accurate read in non-contact drills, but the big kid occasionally struggled with both timing (false starts) and pass blocking."

I pray to GOD that we didn't draft another Lame Kwame Harris -- but I'll admit -- I'm worried. I was hoping the two rookie linemen we took with our first round picks would at least distinguish themselves -- but no such luck.

So -- I'm a little down. Sour milk for breakfast.

Anyone feel me?

The Article

Relax, he hasn't even signed his contract yet...with that said, even before he was drafted by the 49ers, there was talk that he was young, needed to improve his concentration and might struggle at times early as he adjusted to the NFL. There was also some columns written immediately following the draft that while Davis (and Iupati) were likely long-term starters, they might not start right away. The comments about Davis' occasional struggles only show those thoughts immediately following the draft were probably valid concerns but that does not mean that there is any reason to question his long term potential at this point. So, in other words, even if he struggles at times in the pre-season and/or regular season, relax.
Yes, Anthony Davis is a bust..... SMH

Share 49ersWebzone