LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

Thi is not post-worthy
This is the thread of the day. Not for anything good, but for how fast Bill shot his load and asked if Davis is a bust yet.

CMON BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help us help you!!!!!!!
No and nor are his struggles in his first OTA an indication that he will struggle in the 4+ years into the future.

It would have been great if he was able to stonewall every defender that he went up against. But that wasn't going to happen. For this reason, it isn't a concern to me.

I'll start getting worried about Davis maybe after 2 years. By then you should have some inkling of what you have.

-9fA
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
This is the thread of the day. Not for anything good, but for how fast Bill shot his load and asked if Davis is a bust yet.

CMON BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help us help you!!!!!!![/quote]

lmao i just noticed it was bill.. c'mon mayne (cris carter voice)
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Thi is not post-worthy

But it is sponge-worthy.
Waaayyyy too early to tell there pal
Def has the boom or bust factor. I think we have the staff in place to really develop him into a solid starter at least. Has a high ceiling and can reach it with hard work.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Yes, Anthony Davis is a bust..... SMH

I wonder.. did you watch him in trainning camp?? he is a bust?
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Yeah BuZz, He sucks
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I still think it's a relevant question. Our 1st pick in the draft didn't do so well in OTA's.

I thought someone might be a tad concerned.

Guess I was wrong.

It is a valid question. I think you are just forgetting where you are posting.

I could have made the same post about Rashaun Woods after his first OTA's and all the responses would have been the same.

People want to see a few bad games first before passing judgement, well hello....if you can't separate yourself in OTA's and practices, you won't be playing in any games anyway.

The fact of the matter here is every single 49er fan would have much preferred he kicked ass in OTA's. The mere fact that is what people would have wanted the most, and it did not happen is telling.

Most zoners don't have a sense of a meter reading on busthood vs Pro Bowler. Its just wait and find out in 3-4 years. Well, the people who decide these things don't wear the blinders many zoners do....you better freaking believe this does get Davis bad early marks on the grade sheet of the people who matter.

Bottom line, his playing poorly out the gate is not a good thing.

p.s. Also, mathematical odds are only one of these two linemen work out for us. Anyone who still does not realize that 1st rounders have a about a 50% success career rate is a little far behind. So this just falls into should have expected it territory if you ask me

He hasn't even put on the pads yet so there is no way to say he is a bust. This post is irrelevant until he has a body of work to be judged on.

He does have a body of work. His first OTA's. Its just like the old Alex Smith debates. Whenever you just want to throw away some work and completely ignore it, your position is flawed imo.

Alex Smiths rookie year should be ignored because of the team around him
Anthony Davis OTA's should be ignored because they were playing in shorts

See the pattern?

BTW...my answer was "Way too early to tell". I know it is too early to tell...but at the same time I am not going to just ignore this either.

And Bear Pascoe was a freaking god in OTA's, so basing an opinion now is pretty f**king dumb

lame

Actually, I agree with Billbird and the article does worry me. I've never been to high on Davis and this s**t just makes me lean more towards that doubting side. He is only 20 so maybe he's just super duper raw. I really hope I'm wrong about this and he becomes a monster. Que se refilfe!
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I still think it's a relevant question. Our 1st pick in the draft didn't do so well in OTA's.

I thought someone might be a tad concerned.

Guess I was wrong.

It is a valid question. I think you are just forgetting where you are posting.

I could have made the same post about Rashaun Woods after his first OTA's and all the responses would have been the same.

People want to see a few bad games first before passing judgement, well hello....if you can't separate yourself in OTA's and practices, you won't be playing in any games anyway.

The fact of the matter here is every single 49er fan would have much preferred he kicked ass in OTA's. The mere fact that is what people would have wanted the most, and it did not happen is telling.

Most zoners don't have a sense of a meter reading on busthood vs Pro Bowler. Its just wait and find out in 3-4 years. Well, the people who decide these things don't wear the blinders many zoners do....you better freaking believe this does get Davis bad early marks on the grade sheet of the people who matter.

Bottom line, his playing poorly out the gate is not a good thing.

p.s. Also, mathematical odds are only one of these two linemen work out for us. Anyone who still does not realize that 1st rounders have a about a 50% success career rate is a little far behind. So this just falls into should have expected it territory if you ask me

He hasn't even put on the pads yet so there is no way to say he is a bust. This post is irrelevant until he has a body of work to be judged on.

He does have a body of work. His first OTA's. Its just like the old Alex Smith debates. Whenever you just want to throw away some work and completely ignore it, your position is flawed imo.

Alex Smiths rookie year should be ignored because of the team around him
Anthony Davis OTA's should be ignored because they were playing in shorts

See the pattern?

BTW...my answer was "Way too early to tell". I know it is too early to tell...but at the same time I am not going to just ignore this either.

And Bear Pascoe was a freaking god in OTA's, so basing an opinion now is pretty f**king dumb

Absolutely that would be dumb. Who suggested "basing" your opinion on this?

The way I see it, you can either acknowledge these OTA's or completely disregard them. I think the thread was meant for people of the former to post. Nobody's "basing" anything off of this
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Yeah BuZz, He sucks

oh man! Anthony Davis should f**king a bench and maybe play next year? I think, Alex Boone is improve and gain for strength a football this year? check it out about Alex Boone.....

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/On-the-Fringe-Alex-Boone/e713e82e-82f0-4eba-ab7c-5eb4e16dadf7

[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Jun 22, 2010 at 17:52:51 ]
Share 49ersWebzone