There are 171 users in the forums

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

Patrick Willis struggled in his first OTA. Is he a bust?

[ Edited by ghostrider on Jun 22, 2010 at 11:19:26 ]
Way too early to tell. He will probably struggle though and that should be expected from a rookie lineman.
a waist of a first round pick...Lets find Baalke and string him up, jeez I thought Kwame was bad, this guy is awful

Lets see some pre season action first, if he gets owned by some undrafted players during those game, then maybe we can hit the panic button
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Bill, its was to early. Rookies usually struggle a bit from the start hopefully the kid can pick stuff up quickly. Because I do not want to Snyder in the game for us.
  • evil
  • Veteran
wow. we havent play a damn preseason game yet and the guys a bust because he "occasionally" had problems pass protecting as a 20 year old rookie.
Originally posted by susweel:
Bill, its was to early. Rookies usually struggle a bit from the start hopefully the kid can pick stuff up quickly. Because I do not want to Snyder in the game for us.

Plus he hasn't played in how many months, then when he does start OTA's they are against Pro's to top it off

relax Bill
In June?!?!? Gotta be kidding me....

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by lamontb:
is this a joke?

It is my lame attempt at a relevant post.

This it the downfall of the NFL being so popular. I think i'm in the minority but the coverage of OTA's is pure overkill. The fact that team OTA's are being broken down play by play pass by pass is just disturbing to me. And this is the end result of it. It's giving fans false hope that a player doing well in shorts is great and a player struggling in shorts is a bust. What's the relevance of Smith going 18 for 19 playing against guys in shorts who aren't hitting, aren't wearing pads, and aren't running at game speed? Nothing against these writers who have to write about something but it's overkill to have a breakdown of all defensive players as if they were really giving it there all out there. Many of these guys just wanna learn the playbook and not get hurt. Get a few reps in and take it on in.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by billbird2111:
is this a joke?

It is my lame attempt at a relevant post.

This it the downfall of the NFL being so popular. I think i'm in the minority but the coverage of OTA's is pure overkill. The fact that team OTA's are being broken down play by play pass by pass is just disturbing to me. And this is the end result of it. It's giving fans false hope that a player doing well in shorts is great and a player struggling in shorts is a bust. What's the relevance of Smith going 18 for 19 playing against guys in shorts who aren't hitting, aren't wearing pads, and aren't running at game speed? Nothing against these writers who have to write about something but it's overkill to have a breakdown of all defensive players as if they were really giving it there all out there. Many of these guys just wanna learn the playbook and not get hurt. Get a few reps in and take it on in.

I agree with this, there is way to much media coverage on practice. We talking about practice, not a game, practice, we talking about practice.
This is from the Baltimore Sun almost a year ago regarding Michael Oher:

"You can instantly tell that Oher is a mauler, especially when it comes to run blocking. He has great quickness and explosion. He gets off the ball well. But he is going to have to work on his technique as far as pass blocking. He needs to sink his hips more which means he gets way too high. He also lunges and gets overextended a lot."

cite: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/07/michael_oher_3.html

And then look at this post in the Baltimore Sun dated August 1, 2009:

"I have a feeling the Ravens are going to be doing a lot of chip blocking with tight end Todd Heap and right offensive tackle Michael Oher early in the season. Oher struggled again this morning getting into his pass set, and was beaten a couple of times to the inside.

Until he improves, the Ravens better get him some help to keep second-year quarterback Joe Flacco healthy."

cited: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/08/training_camp_observations.html

From this, would Michael Oher be viewed as BUST at that time because his pass blocking needs work? Rookie OTs take time to work on pass blocking but run blocking is not an issue. Oher was like that and I believe Davis will be. But far too early to say bust!

[ Edited by KOniner on Jun 22, 2010 at 11:31:15 ]
facepalm
  • EdEs
  • Veteran
This thread is an
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
WTF is this sh*t?!?!?
Share 49ersWebzone