LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 377 users in the forums

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

No, nyet, non, negatory, nee, bu, nej, nein!
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
The fan in me says no. The fiscally concerned citizen says - MOST DEFIANTLY!

The stadium doesn't do anyone any good just sitting idle. Having that park empty is just stupid - money wise.

Furthermore, the more money that stadium can generate, the more likely future upgrades will come quickly; which benefits everyone.
[ Edited by Geeked on Feb 18, 2014 at 12:25 PM ]
A $1.2 billion stadium that isn't even finished yet and you're already talkin' upgrades??
NEIN!!!! Just move back to LA already! They love you down there.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OldMort49:
A $1.2 billion stadium that isn't even finished yet and you're already talkin' upgrades??

Dude, they're already upgraded Houston's stadium twice.

Stadiums are going to always require maintenance and will have to have some type of remediation in the future. I'd rather see that happen sooner rather than later.

If the stadium can essentially generate twice the revenue, it will help a lot with fixed costs.
Originally posted by Geeked:
Dude, they're already upgraded Houston's stadium twice.

Stadiums are going to always require maintenance and will have to have some type of remediation in the future. I'd rather see that happen sooner rather than later.

If the stadium can essentially generate twice the revenue, it will help a lot with fixed costs.

You can believe that if you like...But as a 35 year season ticket holder, I can assure you that any future "upgrades" will be paid for by raising the price of your season ticket.
Originally posted by OldMort49:

They probably have future upgrade drawings on the shelf ready and waiting. They built what they can afford. If the team success is maintained and we win a couple Lombardi's over the next few seasons the demand for seats and boxes will increase . . . and they'll add on . . . and maybe add an exterior facade of some sort to dress the place up a little more.
Personally I don't really care. Their local Fanbase would be even farther away from the stadium than ours so good luck with that.
I don't want to see ANY black and silver on or in that stadium. The Niners have played in a fricking baseball stadium for long enough. They deserve their own football stadium and the Raiders haven't done anything to even come close to deserving the right to use that state-of-the-art stadium. It's a red and gold stadium, period.
If Jesus Christ and Moses were wearing Raiders gear, walked across the Bay AND parted it...hell no!!!

SHARE WITH WHO...
Bump.

IIRC,the stadium could have been split 50/50 like Giants/Jets but Al Davis decided against sharing and now we have our own shiny stadium
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Bump.

IIRC,the stadium could have been split 50/50 like Giants/Jets but Al Davis decided against sharing and now we have our own shiny stadium

Take that Al Davis's corpse!
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Jul 18, 2014 at 5:09 PM ]
I'd rather not.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
how can i put this... f**k NO!
Share 49ersWebzone