There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

I would rather the Niners new stadium be in SF and the Raiders stay in Oakland.

FIRE GOODELL!
[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Jul 22, 2011 at 10:51 AM ]
Ultimately this is probably up to the Raiders. The 49ers seem open to it. If I was in SC and brought this stadium in expecting revenue then I wouldn't rest until the Raiders were in there.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Yes, but how will we get the smell out?

lots of bleach
Oh, hell no!!!

[ Edited by ninertico on Jul 22, 2011 at 9:28 PM ]
We don't have to watch games with them...I just want a new stadium.
I have a buddy who played for the Raiders. He said that NO ONE should share a stadium with their fans. He said they start as normal people, but they feed off the expectation that everyone has of them to be crazy, and mob mentality destroys common sense and inhibition. I haven't been to their stadium, but he said it was nothing to hear that any opposing mechandise would get taken and destroyed. I wouldn't be excited about seeing the vandalism that would likely be happening every other week.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I have a buddy who played for the Raiders.

Was it this guy:

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I have a buddy who played for the Raiders.

Was it this guy:

NO. I have killed all brain cells that remember him as a Raider. Took a lot of booze; totally worth it. Thanks to your picture, I will need to kill a half rack tonight.
If we were to share a stadium would they change the stadium design?
i hope so they can play in the parking lot.
I suppose I could share a stadium so long as they hosed down the bleachers of all the spilt beer, urine and blood left after every Raider game. Seriously though, I could bare it but would prefer not to as I do have my reservations... For example, which team would have home field advantage when both teams face each other? It won’t make a bit of difference which side is designated the home team but rather, will depend on whose fans out number the others. If you've ever been to a home game against the Raiders you can understand my concern. This is probably all a moot point though… It’s more likely that Al Davis wants his own stadium and is eyeing one of the two sites being negotiated in Los Angeles. We’ll see…
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
If we were to share a stadium would they change the stadium design?

They would model it after the Giants/Jets stadium in New Jersey. The overall design presented by the Yorks would remain the same but the signage, logos and colors would be interchangeable.
Originally posted by vermonator:
I suppose I could share a stadium so long as they hosed down the bleachers of all the spilt beer, urine and blood left after every Raider game. Seriously though, I could bare it but would prefer not to as I do have my reservations... For example, which team would have home field advantage when both teams face each other? It won’t make a bit of difference which side is designated the home team but rather, will depend on whose fans out number the others. If you've ever been to a home game against the Raiders you can understand my concern. This is probably all a moot point though… It’s more likely that Al Davis wants his own stadium and is eyeing one of the two sites being negotiated in Los Angeles. We’ll see…

But which teams fans out number the other will depend on which side holds the PSL/Season tix for that particular home game.
Let's say they do share the Santa Clara stadium.... hmmm drunk, pissed off Raiders fans after another home loss to the Niners walking by Niners headquarters.... Nope, I wouldn't expect any issues
Originally posted by vermonator:

I think it's pretty obvious which teams' fans would out-number the others. The 49ers sell out every game, the raiders can barely get 150 people to the game. With that aside, it would be the team that was designated as the "home" team for the game who's fans would get the tickets.

Which teams' fans have to pay for the SBL though?? And how could you have an SBL at a stadium shared by 2 teams???

I'll take Candlestick over having to share my seat with a raiders fan, thanks...