Sun 12/26 @Rams
Sun 1/2 Cardinals

Here are my thoughts and reasons:

Season opener @Seattle is no picnic - LOSS
Defending Champions, Saints, very difficult - LOSS
Arrowhead is one of the toughest places to play - LOSS
Falcons, they could kill us - LOSS
Eagles, a strong team - LOSS

I am just trying to look at our season from the worst possible scenario. Above losses are definite possiblities. BUT, let's look at the rest of the season:

Raiders, come on! - WIN
@Panthers, a running team - WIN
Broncos, can you say Tebow? - WIN
Rams, junk - WIN
Bucanneers, we are just better - WIN
@Cardinals, we OWN them - WIN
@Packers, tough one - LOSS
Seahawks, Pete who? - WIN
@Chargers, let's just stay being a pessimist - LOSS
@Rams, they are still the rams - WIN
Cardinals, for the division - WIN

Obviously, I don't want to see us start out 0-5. But, even if we were to start out 0-5, we can end up at 9-7. AND if we can win 2 out of those first 5 games and unfortunately lose an unexpected one somewhere, we would still end up at 10-6. And most likely WIN our division.

Before the start of last year, I thought we were going to make the playoffs.... I would have bet my little pinky on that... And would have sadly lost it.

But as you can see, I think we got this now! I am so dang excited for our season. My wish for the playoffs is going to finally happen fo sho! Go Niners!

2-3. At BEST.

THIS is how excited I am for this upcoming SEASON!!!

[ Edited by defenderDX on Jun 3, 2010 at 10:56 PM ]
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Where's that boo this man gif?

I truly do not see us going 0-5. We WILL win at LEAST 1 game and that's a super pessimistic outlook... And personally, I think we go into SEA and shock them with an beastly, aggressive o-line and a fired up defense. Who's their QB? Stack the box against Forsett and we're gold. Hasslebeck is afraid of P52 and Housh is slow as f**k, something that our CBs can actually handle. I don't see us losing, even if it is in Qwest Field; the field where the PA System makes the stadium louder.

Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Where's that boo this man gif?

I truly do not see us going 0-5. We WILL win at LEAST 1 game and that's a super pessimistic outlook... And personally, I think we go into SEA and shock them with an beastly, aggressive o-line and a fired up defense. Who's their QB? Stack the box against Forsett and we're gold. Hasslebeck is afraid of P52 and Housh is slow as f**k, something that our CBs can actually handle. I don't see us losing, even if it is in Qwest Field; the field where the PA System makes the stadium louder.

Originally posted by amigoj49:
Here is our full 2010 season schedule:

Sun 9/12 @Seahawks
Mon 9/20 Saints
Sun 9/26 @Chiefs
Sun 10/03 @Falcons
Sun 10/10 Eagles
Sun 10/17 Raiders
Sun 10/24 @Panthers
Sun 10/31 Broncos
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals
Sun 12/5 @Packers
Sun 12/12 Seahawks
Thur 12/16 @Chargers
Sun 12/26 @Rams
Sun 1/2 Cardinals

I am just trying to look at our season from the worst possible scenario. Above losses are definite possiblities. BUT, let's look at the rest of the season:

Raiders, come on! - WIN
Rams, junk - WIN

Obviously, I don't want to see us start out 0-5. But, even if we were to start out 0-5, we can end up at 9-7. AND if we can win 2 out of those first 5 games and unfortunately lose an unexpected one somewhere, we would still end up at 10-6. And most likely WIN our division.

Before the start of last year, I thought we were going to make the playoffs.... I would have bet my little pinky on that... And would have sadly lost it.

But as you can see, I think we got this now! I am so dang excited for our season. My wish for the playoffs is going to finally happen fo sho! Go Niners!

Who pissed in your Cherios?
We could lose any game or win any game. You don't know anything.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sacniner:

What's wrong with speculation??

Quote:

I am just trying to look at our season from the worst possible scenario. Above losses are definite possiblities.

That's all he's trying to say.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Quote:

I am just trying to look at our season from the worst possible scenario. Above losses are definite possiblities.

Why stop at 0-5. If u can see us losing to the chiefs, then y not 0-16.

lol Arrowhead is a tough place to play? is that why KC went 1-7 at home in 09, 1-7 at home in 2008, 2-6 at home in 2007?

the Chiefs are 4-20 since 2007 at Arrowhead, and we play there before it gets cold. were not losing that one.

Here is our full 2010 season schedule:

Sun 9/12 @Seahawks
Mon 9/20 Saints
Sun 9/26 @Chiefs
Sun 10/03 @Falcons
Sun 10/10 Eagles
Sun 10/17 Raiders
Sun 10/24 @Panthers
Sun 10/31 Broncos
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals
Sun 12/5 @Packers
Sun 12/12 Seahawks
Thur 12/16 @Chargers
Sun 12/26 @Rams
Sun 1/2 Cardinals

Raiders, come on! - WIN
Rams, junk - WIN

I see maybe 3-2 or 4-1 I know we are not going to lose on MNF
If our offense is improved like I expect, we can play with anyone next year.
get that s**t out of my kitchen.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CHAMBAZ:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Quote:

Why stop at 0-5. If u can see us losing to the chiefs, then y not 0-16.

Because 0-16 is not worst case scenario with the much improved team we have right now. I could see if it were the 2004 team then 0-16 would most likely be the worst case scenario. Besides the Chiefs I wouldn't say is a walk in the park, they did upset Pittsburgh and Denver. And I didn't say I could see us losing to the Chiefs the OP did.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
First off, we will beat Seattle opening day. We are a stronger team than they are. We are just as good as the Eagles or Falcons now. I'm not saying we will beat them because anything can happen. Plus the Eagles lost McNabb so who knows how Kolb will play. And the Chiefs man? We will beat them. I say 3-2 or 2-3 to start out.

Agreed.

McNabb was THE reason we lost to the Eagles. He beat us with his feet, not his accuracy. Colb does not have the ability to kill a team with his feet, and I doubt he is any more accurate than McNabb.

When they lost Dawkins, I was no longer afraid of their defense. Now that they lost McNabb, I am no longer afraid of the Eagles.
Share 49ersWebzone