LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

0-5 Start to the new Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We are going to beat the Seahawks at home because Hasselbeck will be intimidated by Willis again. We will beat Kansas City because it is no longer difficult to play in Aarowhead. We will beat Eagles cause their QB hasn't been exposed to the NINER D!!!!
3-2 start.
The Seahawks had a great offseason, but it will be their first game under a new coaching staff. I doubt they are able to pull everything together enough to beat us right out of the gate. Not when we're both more talented and finally entering a season with the same system on both sides of the ball.

No way we should lose to the Chiefs, I don't care where we play them.

And the Eagles without McNabb are beatable. Dude always choked in the playoffs, but he was solid during the season.

We should be 3-2 or 2-3 after 5.
Originally posted by amigoj49:
Here is our full 2010 season schedule:

Sun 9/12 @Seahawks
Mon 9/20 Saints
Sun 9/26 @Chiefs
Sun 10/03 @Falcons
Sun 10/10 Eagles
Sun 10/17 Raiders
Sun 10/24 @Panthers
Sun 10/31 Broncos
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals
Sun 12/5 @Packers
Sun 12/12 Seahawks
Thur 12/16 @Chargers
Sun 12/26 @Rams
Sun 1/2 Cardinals

Here are my thoughts and reasons:

Season opener @Seattle is no picnic - LOSS
Defending Champions, Saints, very difficult - LOSS
Arrowhead is one of the toughest places to play - LOSS
Falcons, they could kill us - LOSS
Eagles, a strong team - LOSS

I am just trying to look at our season from the worst possible scenario. Above losses are definite possiblities. BUT, let's look at the rest of the season:

Raiders, come on! - WIN
@Panthers, a running team - WIN
Broncos, can you say Tebow? - WIN
Rams, junk - WIN
Bucanneers, we are just better - WIN
@Cardinals, we OWN them - WIN
@Packers, tough one - LOSS
Seahawks, Pete who? - WIN
@Chargers, let's just stay being a pessimist - LOSS
@Rams, they are still the rams - WIN
Cardinals, for the division - WIN

Obviously, I don't want to see us start out 0-5. But, even if we were to start out 0-5, we can end up at 9-7. AND if we can win 2 out of those first 5 games and unfortunately lose an unexpected one somewhere, we would still end up at 10-6. And most likely WIN our division.

Before the start of last year, I thought we were going to make the playoffs.... I would have bet my little pinky on that... And would have sadly lost it.

But as you can see, I think we got this now! I am so dang excited for our season. My wish for the playoffs is going to finally happen fo sho! Go Niners!
Don't listen to the rampant homers here in the zone. Your projection isn't unreasonable, so anyone calling this a "fail" w/o a real explanation is a moron. The big question marks in the first 5 games are the hawks, chiefs and eagles.

Seattle is a very hard place to play. Most Niner fans assume we'll win b/c "we're a better team", but those fans forget that we were a better team last year too and we still lost. This one is really a toss up. It'll be close either way. A loss is far from unreasonable.

The chiefs in arrowhead will be tough, but I don't see any way we lose that game. Their offense has real trouble running the ball (it's not their RB, it's their OL) and protecting the QB. Unless the crowd forces the niner offense to fall apart, I think this is an easy win.

The Eagles? As a team, they are better than us. Kolb is really their quesiton mark. If he plays well, they beat us easily. If he plays poorly we probably pull out a win. Then again, our defense has been almost incapable of stopping a good receiving TE and our defense got shredded by Jackson last year. This game could go either way, but I think we lose.

So, overall, your projection isn't unreasonable. Personally, I think 1-4 or 2-3 are more likely.

Sun 9/12 @ Sehawks W
Mon 9/20 Saints L
Sun 9/26 @ Chiefs W
Sun 10/03 @ falcons L
Sun 10/10 Eagles W
Sun 10/17 Raiders W
Sun 10/24 @Panthers W
Sun 10/31 Broncos W
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams W
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers W
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals W
Sun 12/5 @Packers L
Sun 12/12 Seahawks W
Thur 12/16 @Chargers L
Sun 12/26 @Rams W
Sun 1/2 Cardinals W

12-4 is my call
Originally posted by DownSouth:

Sun 9/12 @Seahawks
Mon 9/20 Saints
Sun 9/26 @Chiefs
Sun 10/03 @Falcons
Sun 10/10 Eagles
Sun 10/17 Raiders
Sun 10/24 @Panthers
Sun 10/31 Broncos
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals
Sun 12/5 @Packers
Sun 12/12 Seahawks
Thur 12/16 @Chargers
Sun 12/26 @Rams
Sun 1/2 Cardinals

I am just trying to look at our season from the worst possible scenario. Above losses are definite possiblities. BUT, let's look at the rest of the season:

Raiders, come on! - WIN
Rams, junk - WIN

Obviously, I don't want to see us start out 0-5. But, even if we were to start out 0-5, we can end up at 9-7. AND if we can win 2 out of those first 5 games and unfortunately lose an unexpected one somewhere, we would still end up at 10-6. And most likely WIN our division.

Before the start of last year, I thought we were going to make the playoffs.... I would have bet my little pinky on that... And would have sadly lost it.

But as you can see, I think we got this now! I am so dang excited for our season. My wish for the playoffs is going to finally happen fo sho! Go Niners!
Don't listen to the rampant homers here in the zone. Your projection isn't unreasonable, so anyone calling this a "fail" w/o a real explanation is a moron. The big question marks in the first 5 games are the hawks, chiefs and eagles.

Seattle is a very hard place to play. Most Niner fans assume we'll win b/c "we're a better team", but those fans forget that we were a better team last year too and we still lost. This one is really a toss up. It'll be close either way. A loss is far from unreasonable.

The chiefs in arrowhead will be tough, but I don't see any way we lose that game. Their offense has real trouble running the ball (it's not their RB, it's their OL) and protecting the QB. Unless the crowd forces the niner offense to fall apart, I think this is an easy win.

The Eagles? As a team, they are better than us. Kolb is really their quesiton mark. If he plays well, they beat us easily. If he plays poorly we probably pull out a win. Then again, our defense has been almost incapable of stopping a good receiving TE and our defense got shredded by Jackson last year. This game could go either way, but I think we lose.

So, overall, your projection isn't unreasonable. Personally, I think 1-4 or 2-3 are more likely.

In the past few years, I believe McNabb was beating us not the Eagles. As a team, it never seemed like they ever dominated/took control of the game. But McNabb, however, did.
screw it...!
we're gonna be 0-16
You mean "Championship!"
the niners D alone could beat SEA, KC and throw in Gore and Davis and Phi is done with Kolb. 3-2 with Saints and Falcons a loss....although i think we have a chance against the saints and falcons.
I predict the team will struggle with bouts of stomach flu that will ravage the entire team for the first 5 weeks of the season. This will cause 4949 to encounter a toilet paper shortage so players will make random s**t squirts and hot diarrhea on the floor and workout room. Consequently, the s**t will eventually flow to the cafeteria and contaminate the workers, causing and all out dirty s**t fest. As a result the team will go 0-5 to start the season. Realistic expectations yo.

We have beaten our selves the last couple of times we've faced Seattle. Singletary will have this team jacked up and we will destroy them this year. Cheifs are a joke and we have a good chance to win at least 1 game from Saints, Falcons, Eagles. I'm hoping for a 3-2 start

Agreed, the Saints are the only one of the bunch that's REALLY scary and the way our defense played in prime time last year combined with the fact it's at home I think we have a shot. I think we beat the Eagles, and after last year's embarrassment possibly even steal one against the Falcons in Atlanta. Sorry, can't possibly be a pessimist at this point of the offseason.

Originally posted by GlenCoffeesNuts:
I predict the team will struggle with bouts of stomach flu that will ravage the entire team for the first 5 weeks of the season. This will cause 4949 to encounter a toilet paper shortage so players will make random s**t squirts and hot diarrhea on the floor and workout room. Consequently, the s**t will eventually flow to the cafeteria and contaminate the workers, causing and all out dirty s**t fest. As a result the team will go 0-5 to start the season. Realistic expectations yo.

no s**t.
Or we can wait to see what happens when the games are actually played. I have no idea how good the 49ers or any of their opponents the first five weeks of the season will be.
Originally posted by GlenCoffeesNuts:

I disagree. The players would get fed up and buy their own TP. Then, in order to recoup their TP expenses, kick the crap out of the Saints and earn mad contract bonuses. We will go 1-4 in the first five games, yo; but, there will be TP in da house...
I say we go 3-2
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Sun 9/12 @Seahawks
Mon 9/20 Saints
Sun 9/26 @Chiefs
Sun 10/03 @Falcons
Sun 10/10 Eagles
Sun 10/17 Raiders
Sun 10/24 @Panthers
Sun 10/31 Broncos
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals
Sun 12/5 @Packers
Sun 12/12 Seahawks
Thur 12/16 @Chargers
Sun 12/26 @Rams
Sun 1/2 Cardinals

Raiders, come on! - WIN
Rams, junk - WIN

Share 49ersWebzone