LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

Who wins this battle Jones vs Hill

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Antix:
Hill should win. Hill is a very good receiver and prob has the second best hands on the team. EVERY time he gets in the game he makes plays.

Free [Jason] Hill.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Jones is making #2 money. Get him the hell out of here. Go play baseball or something.

or give hm a chance

He doesn't deserve a chance with the money he's making. He has shown to be a liability on special teams and a worthless receiver compared to what he's making.

ifhe doesn't deserve a chance then neither do you
I remember Jones from the titans and he was a good not great WR. As far as Hill he has been on the team for 3 yr and really done nothing so how is he so much better then Jones I don’t get it. In 3 yr he has a grand total of 40 rec 413 yd with 4 td I Don’t see greatness here. Is he a good player yes. I would like him on the team sure. I see Jones and Hill as really the same type WR. Jones gets paid more but next yr Hill will be a free agent and will be paid more plus he could leave. So to cut Jones now just to keep Hill would not be smart. If Hill is so great then why in two years has Morgan had 72 rec 846 yd 6 td. I just want to see them play it out in training camp to see who wins I think Jones and Hill are both very similar so it’s going to come down to witch one can stay healthy. And, maybe witch one wants it more.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Jones sucks and should have never been signed. He shouldn't even be on the team anymore. Hill is 10 times better than him. It's not even close.

What? Dude, I don't think either of them have an edge over the other. Jones's issue was that his injury kept him off the field. Oh and did I mention that Hill has a history of injuries too?

THAT'S why Jones is still on this team. Because management doesn't know whether or not Hill will make it through the 1st 4 weeks of the season. And I can't blame them for wanting a backup plan. Even one that costs as much as Jones has.

I think that both guys should battle it out for the season. The prize is a coveted WR position with this team. May the best man win.

I'm not picking because both have shown they CAN be solid. They just need to leave it on the field and remain healthy in the process.

~Ceadder

This!
Jones is making #2 money. Get him the hell out of here. Go play baseball or something.

or give hm a chance

He doesn't deserve a chance with the money he's making. He has shown to be a liability on special teams and a worthless receiver compared to what he's making.

ifhe doesn't deserve a chance then neither do you
Jones sucks and should have never been signed. He shouldn't even be on the team anymore. Hill is 10 times better than him. It's not even close.

What? Dude, I don't think either of them have an edge over the other. Jones's issue was that his injury kept him off the field. Oh and did I mention that Hill has a history of injuries too?

THAT'S why Jones is still on this team. Because management doesn't know whether or not Hill will make it through the 1st 4 weeks of the season. And I can't blame them for wanting a backup plan. Even one that costs as much as Jones has.

I think that both guys should battle it out for the season. The prize is a coveted WR position with this team. May the best man win.

I'm not picking because both have shown they CAN be solid. They just need to leave it on the field and remain healthy in the process.

~Ceadder

Well considering were paying him #2 money....he has more issues than that.
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:

~Ceadder

what if Jones beats out Morgan for the #2???
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:

~Ceadder

what if Jones beats out Morgan for the #2???

Anything’s possible....but that’s highly unlikely....and if he's not able to do that, then don't be surprised to see his name on the cut list.
1 Crabtree
2 Morgan
3 Hill
4 Ginn
5 Rookie

One rookie on the PS.
Get Jones on the first flight on Air India for all I care.
I say Jones because of the unexpected aquisition of Crabtree, and his high salary..Maybe he can restructure, or trade him to a WR needy team..(maybe we can get a backup NT) but a pick next year be fine

f**k every WR on this team other than Crabtree and whoever the best returner is
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
1 Crabtree
2 Morgan
3 Hill
4 Ginn
5 Rookie

One rookie on the PS.
Get Jones on the first flight on Air India for all I care.

Kyle Williams at 5?
  • cools
  • Veteran
Yep, Williams probably gets the last spot

He may turn into a very good slot reciever with his combination of good hands. quickness and speed

and even if Vann wins the job as PR, Niners will want to have a good backup.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by KRS-1:

I agree it was a terrible signing however there is very little to suggest that Hill is better than Jones. Jones has been far more productive in his career than Hill has to date. Hill needs to truly step up both on & off the field and become less timid.

jones had 41 catches in 08 with 449 yards

This is going to be a good battle in camp. Jones has more pressure to me because of his salary. You can throw your 2008 stats out the window because its irrelevant. Thos estats were gained when he was on a talented Titans team that went 13-3 and had homefield advantage in the playoffs. Hill had 30 catches for 317 on much less talented team in 2008 but thats comparing apples to oranges. Both guys need to step it up.

I agree that Jones was on a better team. He was however on a better team that always ran the run and hardly ever threw the ball. Hill was on a team that was always losing and needed to throw. The Titans didn't throw that often and ran their ways to 13-3. Jones stats impress me more!!!!!
Hill has had alot of chances to start for this team but always just does enough to keep from being cut. He's a paycheck player. He only does enough to keep getting a paycheck. He wants his 5 years in so he can get that NFL retirement check each month. His second year he let Morgan run circles around him even though Morgan was a rookie and really didn;t even know the playbook.
Share 49ersWebzone