LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Crabtree/Hill Starting WR's?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
OTA Observations: Good day for Jason Hill

First Rounders on 2nd Team
Briefly: Quarterback Alex Smith continues to show great command of the offense, but it's receivers Jason Hill and Michael Crabtree who continue to make him look good, with their quick hands in full-stride catches....

Dude this describes Jason Hills play to the T. I know it's only OTA's but I'm hearing J Hills name alot more than Morgan, Jones. Man, I know alot of us have mixed feelings about Jason Hill but I love the kid and would like to see him unseat Morgan as the #2. I think he deserves it. He shows up under pressure. He runs crisp clean routes. He has better hands than Morgan (2nd best hands on the team IMO). I really hope this kid gets his shot at the starting lineup, or at least more PT.

This is not a thread to bash Morgan because I like him alot too. I just think Hill is more hungry and has alot to bring to the table. I mean that last series in the Rams game 2 seasons ago was all J Hill. He looked like Isaac Bruce out there. The guy can play WR. Give him a shot right?

I just think a Crabtree/Hill tandem sounds more dynamic and scary than a Crabtree/"Slow ass duck dropping getting caught from behind ass" Morgan tandem
Nah. But I think Hill would be a good third WR.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Morgan is the coaching staff guy. Thats okay with me but Jason Hill and Ginn have to be on the field during 3rd and long.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Nah. But I think Hill would be a good third WR.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Idealy, Morgan should be a #3 guy. Eventually, we have to find a legit #1 to stretch the field. That's why Dez Bryant would have looked nice in this lineup next to Crabs.
I'm thinkin Crabtree is a legit #1... T.O. anyone? lol that's another thread though
Yeah Morgan showed ALOT of promise his rookie year in pre-season and during the regular season.. I remember games v.s Green Bay in preseason, and of course the game v.s St.Louis with that AMAZING catch in traffic.. Lets hope that last season was a bit of a sophmore slump, because he has more to offer than Hill. Morgan is a bigger, more physical receiver than Hill and he can help block.. I just hope we can keep Hill as a 3rd receiver and let him play more !!
[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on May 19, 2010 at 11:33 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo63:
Idealy, Morgan should be a #3 guy. Eventually, we have to find a legit #1 to stretch the field. That's why Dez Bryant would have looked nice in this lineup next to Crabs.

You don't think Crabtree is a #1 WR?
Hill in the slot would be fine.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I think he's our #1, but ideally he would probably be a #2 behind a speeder reciever who could stretch the field.

Crab, Morgan, and Hill in that order has a lot of promise
Crabtree is a number 1, and will be a top 10 receiver in this league for many years to come. Those who think other wise, wow! Ideally u can find a speedy #2 or #3, a #1 doesnt have to be Randy Moss fast! Ill Take Jerry Rice who Crabtree has more similar traits too as far as speed and size than a Randy Moss
Jason Hill is better than Morgan.
Hill is going to be the team's 4th WR this season, and will probably be the main reason why Brandon Jones is shown the door.

Ginn is going to be the team's number 3, based on his speed.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I think he's our #1, but ideally he would probably be a #2 behind a speeder reciever who could stretch the field.

So a FA or next years draft... because I really don't think there is another #1 on this team other than Crabtree
Share 49ersWebzone