There are 187 users in the forums

Our new TE on ESPN

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If you wanna see if our new TE Nate Byham has any potential, check out pitts game on espn classic now even though he was a late round pick.
I go to Pitt i was at that game live...Byham isnt gonna impress in stretching the field...but hes a great blocking TE and can be a redzone threat
We already have a TE who can stretch the field. We want him to knock the crap out of a few LBs.
Hi guys,

Im new here but anyways.....I saw this and I would just like to point out that it is very unlikely that this guy will make the roster unless he really impresses. We have a lot of depth at both the RB and WR positions. We will almost certainly carry all 4 RBs, and I think all the WRs make it save Brandon Jones. Just my 2 cents
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
We already have a TE who can stretch the field. We want him to knock the crap out of a few LBs.

Can't VD block better than any other TE (and a few lineman for that matter)?
Originally posted by YouGotGored:

VD is one of the best blocking TE's but we need another TE to block for 2 TE formations.
Originally posted by spizzy:
Hi guys,

Im new here but anyways.....I saw this and I would just like to point out that it is very unlikely that this guy will make the roster unless he really impresses. We have a lot of depth at both the RB and WR positions. We will almost certainly carry all 4 RBs, and I think all the WRs make it save Brandon Jones. Just my 2 cents

I not trying to be mean, but what does RB's and WR's have to do with anything? He most likely will make the roster. The sixth round is about where most blocking TE's are taken. He will have to pull a Bear Pascoe not to be one of the final 53.
Originally posted by YouGotGored:

Who can forget Kwame Harris ??? Bain of our line for too many years!
Hi guys,

If anything, he's almost a lock to make the roster unless he flat out can't block (like Bear Pascoe). He plays tight end, not wide receiver or running back (although he can provide versatility and line up at h-back)
Originally posted by Draftology:
Hi guys,

If anything, he's almost a lock to make the roster unless he flat out can't block (like Bear Pascoe). He plays tight end, not wide receiver or running back (although he can provide versatility and line up at h-back)

I am saying that because we have a lot of numbers at other positions, such as RB and WR it creates less space at TE for the overall 53-man roster.

I don't wanna watch it unless he's eating Jason Pierre-Pauls lunch
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I don't wanna watch it unless he's eating Jason Pierre-Pauls lunch

lol
Originally posted by Draftology:
Hi guys,

I am saying that because we have a lot of numbers at other positions, such as RB and WR it creates less space at TE for the overall 53-man roster.
You don't draft a guy in the 6th round if you don't think they can make the team. A blocking tight end is a big priority for us. It gives us waaay more short yardage flexibility. 90% of teams carry 3 tight ends. We wanted to last year but Bear was incompetent. Byham will make the team.

Hmm!! that is very interest of your idea! I wish! that we need him should to knock the crap out of a few LBs.. Keep to faiths..
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Byham needs to beat out Tony Curtis if he is going to secure a spot on the depth chart.

At the very worst, Byham projects as a legitimate TE prospect for the practice squad.

The WR and RB argument isn't fully true. The 49ers could opt to keep 9 DBs on the roster, making room for an additional TE.
Share 49ersWebzone