There are 172 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We have the 3 biggest freaks in the NFL

  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:


A super fast, springy rubber track at his pro day doesn't count... You are not comparing apples to apples. Vernon Davis on that track runs a 4.25...

Hey, I'm just saying that he was recorded as running a 4.3.

Say what you want, but watching him play, I'd be more likely to believe a 4.3 than a 4.5.


Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:


A super fast, springy rubber track at his pro day doesn't count... You are not comparing apples to apples. Vernon Davis on that track runs a 4.25...

Hey, I'm just saying that he was recorded as running a 4.3.

Say what you want, but watching him play, I'd be more likely to believe a 4.3 than a 4.5.



He has great instincts + excellent speed. So it's no surprise that he arrives at the ball quickly on plays.

Comparing exactly apples for apples both players on the same surface at the Indy combine.

Vernon Davis = 4.37 - 4.38.

Patrick Willis = 4.49 - 4.51.

That's the same exact surface. So you are comparing the same thing. That is what it is.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:


A super fast, springy rubber track at his pro day doesn't count... You are not comparing apples to apples. Vernon Davis on that track runs a 4.25...

Hey, I'm just saying that he was recorded as running a 4.3.

Say what you want, but watching him play, I'd be more likely to believe a 4.3 than a 4.5.



what matters is that you have that jerry rice speed where you're fast on gameday because thats all that matters
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:


Willis is an outstanding athlete but he ran between 4.49 - 4.51 at the scouting combine in Indy. He's a tremendous athlete but not quite in the Mays or Vernon Davis category. That's not to say he isn't a great athlete or that he doesn't have great instincts for the game. He is all those things.

Well, he did run a 4.3 at his pro day.

Quote:
Linebacker Patrick Willis wowed scouts with a 4.37 40-yard dash during Mississippi's Pro Day. Willis, already a first round lock, could see his stock rise even further after this performance. He'll be given serious consideration by some teams in the top ten spots on draft day. link

A super fast, springy rubber track at his pro day doesn't count... You are not comparing apples to apples. Vernon Davis on that track runs a 4.25...

Do you have a link that states he ran on a super fast track? As far as I knew Indy was a fast surface to run on.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:


He has great instincts + excellent speed. So it's no surprise that he arrives at the ball quickly on plays.

Comparing exactly apples for apples both players on the same surface at the Indy combine.

Vernon Davis = 4.37 - 4.38.

Patrick Willis = 4.49 - 4.51.

That's the same exact surface. So you are comparing the same thing. That is what it is.

Why so serious?

What other 240+ linebackers ran a 4.3 at their pro day?

Hmmm... how is comparing a TE to a LB apples to apples? Was there supposed to be a point to that comparison?

Willis is fast.

who said willis aint fast....
  • omarl02
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by kronik:
I know Ginn had an injury plagued last year of college and missed the combine. Anyone knows what he runs?

Yea he did Not run the 40 at the combine, but Ted Ginn Jr. Was a track start and has been timed at 4.19 in the 40 and 4.2 multiple times IMO i think Ginn is the fastest straight line runner in the nfl, and he ran the 100 yard meters in 10.04 !!! Now thats speed lol.

We have freaks in the 49ers

Mays runs 4.25- 4.28 26 bench reps of 225 41 inch vertical ( beast!!)
Patrick Willis ran 4.37 4.38 back to back at his pro day, he ran slow at the combine because he was injured and he was affraid to jump offsides because he jumped offsides on his first try, so that made him run way slower.
Vernon Davis 4.38 benches 550 pounds, 34 bench reps of 225 42 inch vertical like Randy Moss enough said.
Manny Lawson ran a 4.41 39 inch Vertical
Ahmad Brooks 4.51 at 265 was behind Reggie Bush and Mario Williams if he would have came out in the 2006 nfl draft, but instead went in the supplimental draft.
Joe Staley ran a 4.74 fastest for an Oline man that i have ever seen.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:


A super fast, springy rubber track at his pro day doesn't count... You are not comparing apples to apples. Vernon Davis on that track runs a 4.25...


FYI-

Quote:
According to NFL.com, Mississippi linebacker Patrick Willis ran the 40-yard dash in a blazing 4.37 and 4.38 seconds during a Tuesday Pro Day workout.

The times were generated on FieldTurf, which is the same surface used at the scouting combine in Indy. link

You are wrong. Neener.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:


A super fast, springy rubber track at his pro day doesn't count... You are not comparing apples to apples. Vernon Davis on that track runs a 4.25...


FYI-

Quote:
According to NFL.com, Mississippi linebacker Patrick Willis ran the 40-yard dash in a blazing 4.37 and 4.38 seconds during a Tuesday Pro Day workout.

The times were generated on FieldTurf, which is the same surface used at the scouting combine in Indy. link

You are wrong. Neener.

There are many different types and compositions of "field turf." Obviously it's not the same since it's not the same field. There is only one Combine and it's in Indianapolis. On that turf Willis ran 4.49. Congratulations to him. That's a very fast time for an ILB. In fact it would rank among the fastest in the NFL.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:


Willis is an outstanding athlete but he ran between 4.49 - 4.51 at the scouting combine in Indy. He's a tremendous athlete but not quite in the Mays or Vernon Davis category. That's not to say he isn't a great athlete or that he doesn't have great instincts for the game. He is all those things.

Well, he did run a 4.3 at his pro day.

Quote:
Linebacker Patrick Willis wowed scouts with a 4.37 40-yard dash during Mississippi's Pro Day. Willis, already a first round lock, could see his stock rise even further after this performance. He'll be given serious consideration by some teams in the top ten spots on draft day. link

A super fast, springy rubber track at his pro day doesn't count... You are not comparing apples to apples. Vernon Davis on that track runs a 4.25...

lol, willis ran with a knee injury at the combine
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:


Willis is an outstanding athlete but he ran between 4.49 - 4.51 at the scouting combine in Indy. He's a tremendous athlete but not quite in the Mays or Vernon Davis category. That's not to say he isn't a great athlete or that he doesn't have great instincts for the game. He is all those things.

Well, he did run a 4.3 at his pro day.

Quote:
Linebacker Patrick Willis wowed scouts with a 4.37 40-yard dash during Mississippi's Pro Day. Willis, already a first round lock, could see his stock rise even further after this performance. He'll be given serious consideration by some teams in the top ten spots on draft day. link

A super fast, springy rubber track at his pro day doesn't count... You are not comparing apples to apples. Vernon Davis on that track runs a 4.25...

lol, willis ran with a knee injury at the combine

He has stated himself he's not as fast as VD BTW. And you guys act like 4.49 is an insult. It's in fact spectacular. It's among the best ILB times ever recorded if not one of the best. Plus his instincts are so good he sees the play happen before it does. So he arrives early. Thus he is one of the most field fast players at his position. He's outstanding for sure. But he's not the athlete that Vernon Davis is. VD is 2 1/2 inches taller and outweighs him by 15 lbs. and runs faster.
VD is a Freak fasho
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 189
Andy Lee.
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Originally posted by Dominate:
VD
P-52
Mays

We have the 3 most physically gifted players in the NFL. A 240+ lb LB who runs in the 4.3 range. A TE who weighs 255lbs and also runs in the 4.3 range. Now we add a 230lb saftey who runs in the 4.2 - 4.3 range.

Can you think of any players more physically gifted at their respective postions?

I'd take Chris Johnson over Mays and VD. P-52 is the best player in the League so ain't no one ahead of him in the gifts department.

Chris Johnson isnt a physical freak dude. hes a little tiny guy with a big bubble helmet and dreads who runs faster than the wind. a physical freak would be someone who is large and strong, but also fast. like VD.

although as awesome as Willis is, i dont think hes a physical freak. when he does the Joe Show in the locker room, hes definitely cut, but hes not as large/tall as youd think with the pads off. what matters is he plays like a freak.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

There are many different types and compositions of "field turf." Obviously it's not the same since it's not the same field. There is only one Combine and it's in Indianapolis. On that turf Willis ran 4.49. Congratulations to him. That's a very fast time for an ILB. In fact it would rank among the fastest in the NFL.


Originally posted by Wikipedia:
FieldTurf is a brand of artificial turf playing surface. It is manufactured and installed by the FieldTurf Tarkett division of Tarkett Inc., based in Calhoun, Georgia.[1] In the late 1990s, the artificial surface changed the industry[2] with a design intended to replicate real grass.[3] The new system quickly began taking market share from AstroTurf, and is now the leader in the industry.[4]

link

FieldTurf: A Tarkett Sports Company


You are still wrong.

Give up yet?

[ Edited by Wodwo on Apr 28, 2010 at 01:39:46 ]