LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

I don't care for Hill, Jones, and Z

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't like Hill or Jones either. Jones looked flat out incompetent last year, and if Hill was really as good as people think he is, he would have been on the field all year!!! We don't see practice. Training camp, preseason, and practice is where you earn a job. You lose a job during the regular season. He could never win the #3 receiver spot going into the season, but every year someone like Isaac Bruce underperforms and the job is given to him.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Here's how I see our WR corps on opening day:

1.) Crabtree (#1, flanker)
2.) Morgan (starting split-end)
3.) Ginn (back-up split-end, KR)
4.) Hill (beats out Jones for the back-up flanker spot; get some run at the slot)
5.) Williams (main slot WR eventually, PR)

* LeRoy Vann is the wild card in that he could see time at "WR" and key special teamer (mostly PRs, but some KRs as well).

Gone:
Brandon Jones
Dominique Zeigler

Practice squadders:
1.) Scott Long
2.) Jared Perry

Do you really think Vann will line up at WR I thought he was a CB ? I think there will be 5 WR on team and the last 2 spots are down to Hill, Jones, Kyle Williams. I like Williams I hope he make the team and can play the slot. If Vann can play WR then that would change everything.

[ Edited by dlance on Apr 27, 2010 at 18:07:25 ]
Originally posted by dlance:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Here's how I see our WR corps on opening day:

1.) Crabtree (#1, flanker)
2.) Morgan (starting split-end)
3.) Ginn (back-up split-end, KR)
4.) Hill (beats out Jones for the back-up flanker spot; get some run at the slot)
5.) Williams (main slot WR eventually, PR)

* LeRoy Vann is the wild card in that he could see time at "WR" and key special teamer (mostly PRs, but some KRs as well).

Gone:
Brandon Jones
Dominique Zeigler

Practice squadders:
1.) Scott Long
2.) Jared Perry

Do you really think Vann will line up at WR I thought he was a CB ? I think there will be 5 WR on team and the last 2 spots are down to Hill, Jones, Kyle Williams. I like Williams I hope he make the team and can play the slot. If Vann can play WR then that would change everything.

Vann's primary position was CB in college, however he also lined up at WR and RB as well on occasion.
Originally posted by Mex49:
Let's talk about Jerry Sullivan.

You f**king suck!!!!!!!!!!

A-HOLE

I don't get it. Morgan being a 6th rd pick has been solid. And Crabtree misses a good chunk of camp/practices/games and comes in and plays solid as well. Both of these guys appear to be very well coached IMO. Sadly this is probably the most talented WR group we have had since TO

[ Edited by redmanc07 on Apr 27, 2010 at 18:31:22 ]
I have said this before, Hill should not be on this team, he seems to have a bad attitude, like we owe him PT, yeah he does produce, but he needs to stay healthy.

Now Jones, better get his act together and show up cause if not thiks is perfect season to dump his contract.

Im also rooting for Williams, and VANN, i want both on this team.

Imagine Vann and Williams with Ginn on ST's.

So, basically WR's would be Crabs, Morgan, Ginn, Williams, Jones/Hill and Vann.

Trust me, Vann is dynamic and would excel at either return man abilities, and WR and even RB. Im making a bold statement, but VANN will make this team.

And One of the Hill and Jones will be gone. And as for Zeigler, never cared for him, he doesnt deserve a spot, unless he earns it.

You better come in and not looking to be given a spot, but earn it, or sing will cut your ass faster than anything.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I have said this before, Hill should not be on this team, he seems to have a bad attitude, like we owe him PT, yeah he does produce, but he needs to stay healthy.

Now Jones, better get his act together and show up cause if not thiks is perfect season to dump his contract.

Trust me, Vann is dynamic and would excel at either return man abilities, and WR and even RB. Im making a bold statement, but VANN will make this team.

And One of the Hill and Jones will be gone. And as for Zeigler, never cared for him, he doesnt deserve a spot, unless he earns it.

You better come in and not looking to be given a spot, but earn it, or sing will cut your ass faster than anything.

Eh, so far I'm not sold on any of our receivers outside of Crabs.
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by Mex49:
Let's talk about Jerry Sullivan.

You f**king suck!!!!!!!!!!

A-HOLE

I don't get it. Morgan being a 6th rd pick has been solid. And Crabtree misses a good chunk of camp/practices/games and comes in and plays solid as well. Both of these guys appear to be very well coached IMO. Sadly this is probably the most talented WR group we have had since TO

he's talking about receivers that played for us like curtis conway and gilmore
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I'm confused I'm not trying to be a pessimist. I'm not saying your wrong. I have not read anything about Vann playing on offense. I haven't seen anything of him playing WR or RB. all of the stat i have seen have to do with Return yards and TD then tackles, sack and interceptions. Did he ever play offense in collage?
Originally posted by Super5:
I don't understand the hate for these WR's

B.Jones was an unnecessary and overpaid signing but he was having the best training camp by far last season until he was injured.The reason these guys aren't really producing is because Jones/Hill were injured at one point,Z has been on the PS and there's really no room for all them to play.

With that said I'd be surprised if any of the rookie WR's just signed make the PS let alone the roster unless they have a exceptional tc/preseason because the 49ers are already neck deep at that position.

I'll agree with you on what I highlighted. All three wouldn't make any team in the NFL, except maybe the Rams. We have one NFL quality WR, and he was a rookie last year. Morgan would be a 3 or 4 for most teams and the rest are a steaming bowl of c**p.

Originally posted by Youngone:
I'm rooting for Z. It's a great story.....dude has paid his dues on the practice squad. He's like the Rudy of the 49ers. I think Jones is gone. His contract is just not justified. Hill needs to stay healthy....I don't think he ever has. If I needed a 5th reciever....I'd keep Z cause he has good hands and comes cheap. Plus he's from Texas.

Maybe he can get someone to write his life story and he can go on the inspirational speaking circuit. Hey, it worked for Rudy and that's about the extent of Ziegler's NFL prowess.
Share 49ersWebzone