There are 185 users in the forums

PYMWYMI, Year 5.... (2010-2011)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
@San Diego
The last game of the four is against another highly anticipated playoff team in the San Diego Chargers where we as fans want vengeance against Back-stabbing Turner. If we can go down to So. Cal and beat them on their turf, we certainly will be in the running for 1st rd bye.

So 12-4 it is.

@San Diego--Time to prove we can beat an AFC's playoff team

There's no way in Hades that we'll beat San Diego in December -- where Phillip Rivers does his best "Joe Montana" impression. This team is simply unbeatable down the stretch.

Unfortunately for San Diego fans, Rivers turns into the second coming of Steve Deberg once the calendar flips over into January. But that's another story. This is about December -- where Rivers plays lights out football and has been doing so for three years straight. San Diego hasn't lost a December game in three or four seasons.

So -- beat Rivers and the Bolts in December? No way. No how. Pack away your hopes kid. They're likely to get crushed but good in this game. That's just the way it is.

PS Hey Bird! Care to have a gentleman's bet on that?

Wish I had seen this Tico!
I am having 2nd thoughts.. I going to say 5-11 or maybe 6-10.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

I thought we'd win at least seven games.

If Cement Shoes Clement had only held onto that interception in Hotlanta -- I would be right and win all the $$$
@San Diego
The last game of the four is against another highly anticipated playoff team in the San Diego Chargers where we as fans want vengeance against Back-stabbing Turner. If we can go down to So. Cal and beat them on their turf, we certainly will be in the running for 1st rd bye.

So 12-4 it is.

@San Diego--Time to prove we can beat an AFC's playoff team

There's no way in Hades that we'll beat San Diego in December -- where Phillip Rivers does his best "Joe Montana" impression. This team is simply unbeatable down the stretch.

Unfortunately for San Diego fans, Rivers turns into the second coming of Steve Deberg once the calendar flips over into January. But that's another story. This is about December -- where Rivers plays lights out football and has been doing so for three years straight. San Diego hasn't lost a December game in three or four seasons.

So -- beat Rivers and the Bolts in December? No way. No how. Pack away your hopes kid. They're likely to get crushed but good in this game. That's just the way it is.

PS Hey Bird! Care to have a gentleman's bet on that?

Wish I had seen this Tico!

To be fair, you did say this:

Quote:

beat San Diego in December -- where Phillip Rivers does his best "Joe Montana" impression. This team is simply unbeatable down the stretch

So you sorta missed to boat on that one, bird.
holy s**t! What was i thinking.
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
holy s**t! What was i thinking.

I picked us to go undefeated.
dammit what a failure
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
dammit what a failure

I'll just keep prediciting playoffs. Sooner or later it has to be right. Niners win the
West next year! Book it.
This thread was locked FOREVER.

But I was a midge optimistic...
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Sorry, but Alex Smith doesnt make my cut.

Gotta go 1-15.

The truth hurts.....

Told you guys..............gotta have winners, and Alex isnt one of them.

You were off by at least 4 games, so who did you "tell," exactly?

That we could not win with Alex Smith. Forget the official record.........does this feel more like a 1-15 season, or a 7-9 season ? I know there are other problems on this team, but QB has been a glaring one since 2006. We didnt address it appropriately, and it came back to haunt us...........

I must agree. Our victories were small this year.

Is this what it feels like to be an Orioles fan? Oh wait, they are actually in a good division.

Originally posted by DertyDonahue:

Gotta go 1-15.

The truth hurts.....

That we could not win with Alex Smith. Forget the official record.........does this feel more like a 1-15 season, or a 7-9 season ? I know there are other problems on this team, but QB has been a glaring one since 2006. We didnt address it appropriately, and it came back to haunt us...........

Is this what it feels like to be an Orioles fan? Oh wait, they are actually in a good division.

We don't know because we are World Series Champs!

Gotta go 1-15.

The truth hurts.....

Is Alex a problem on this team? Yes.
If we had another QB, we would have been better? Possibly.
Is he the only problem we have on this team? Hell no.

Get over it dude. Yes, Alex is a problem, but he's not the problem. You'll see next year when he's gone and we have a 'Max Hall' come in and play QB. Then you'll be crying for Alex back.

I, for one, would like to draft a Ricky Stanzi in the 3rd round and upgrade other positions at 1 and 2. Ideally get a CB at 1 and pass rusher at 2... but this is the 49ers. If we can somehow get Luck, more power to us, and I would not complain. Hell, I'd be stoked. But Luck, nor any other QB bar Manning or Brady, will not fix this team.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

I thought we'd win at least seven games.

If Cement Shoes Clement had only held onto that interception in Hotlanta -- I would be right and win all the $$$

who knows maybe if he held on to that fumble our entire season would have been different
10-6, I guess I wasn't Nostramus

Or Negrodamus for that matter
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:

Gotta go 1-15.

The truth hurts.....

We don't know because we are World Series Champs!

Can I get a HALLELUJAH!?!
Share 49ersWebzone