LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

Phillip Adams is a Niner!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dfwswetcg
  • Info N/A
Adams attributed his showing with working the past four months in Dallas, Texas with former NFL defensive back 3 time Super Bowl Dallas Cowboys Kevin Smith.

“I think I might have sealed it with the 4.4,” Adams said. “But, if I didn’t, God works in mysterious ways and you never know. What he has for me, he has for me. But, talk is talk. Everybody talks and hopefully, I’ll be picked on April 22.”
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He looks like a practice squad guy.
Originally posted by susweel:

Based on what?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Based on what?

7th round

Based on what?

7th round

So, just because he was a 7th rounder but not based on anything you've seen, read, etc., correct?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Based on what?

7th round

So, just because he was a 7th rounder but not based on anything you've seen, read, etc., correct?

never even heard of the guy

usually GMs and coaches like to keep their picks
Quote:
MaioccoCSN: There's rookie CB Phillip Adams. He intercepts 7-on-7 passs from Smith that went off Ginn's hands.

Quote:
SF_49ers: CB Phillip Adams made his first pick in practice, catching the ball after it deflected off Ted Ginn's hands
[ Edited by PTulini on May 17, 2010 at 1:49 PM ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
MaioccoCSN: There's rookie CB Phillip Adams. He intercepts 7-on-7 passs from Smith that went off Ginn's hands.

Quote:
SF_49ers: CB Phillip Adams made his first pick in practice, catching the ball after it deflected off Ted Ginn's hands

awwwww s**t
Quote:
MaioccoCSN: He's the first 49ers draft pick to sign a contract. CB Phillip Adams signs four-year deal.
FYI...http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events/article-1/49ers-Sign-Draft-Pick-CB-Adams/898ac4db-a09d-4ff5-9ed4-839055e686b3
[ Edited by highway49 on May 17, 2010 at 1:59 PM ]

Originally posted by highway49:
FYI...http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events/article-1/49ers-Sign-Draft-Pick-CB-Adams/898ac4db-a09d-4ff5-9ed4-839055e686b3

lol fail
Championship!!!
Quote:
The San Francisco 49ers announced on Monday that they have signed seventh-round draft choice CB Phillip Adams to a four-year contract.

Adams (5-11, 192) was a 2009 first-team All-Mid Eastern Athletic Conference selection at South Carolina State, where he played in 42 games.

As a senior, Adams tied for the team lead with three interceptions, two of which he returned for touchdowns, ranked tied for first in the MEAC with 11 pass breakups, and posted 48 tackles. In 2008, he tied for first in the MEAC with five interceptions and tallied nine pass breakups, while returning 11 punts for 208 yards and two touchdowns.

The 21-year old Adams is a native of Rock Hill, SC. He becomes the first of the 49ers eight 2010 draft picks to sign with the team.

LINK
[ Edited by PTulini on May 17, 2010 at 2:25 PM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran
I have a feeling this guy is going to make some noise for us, a small school prospect that slipped through the cracks and with our need at CB he is going to get a shot. Keep an eye out for this guy.

A total hunch but I hope im right!
Perhaps we'll see him return punts with the 3rd stringers during pre-season
Share 49ersWebzone