LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 137 users in the forums

Phillip Adams is a Niner!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HIMYM:
Break dance comment was so frickin funny. Even my gf (no football knowledge) couldn't stop laughing.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by El_Imperio:
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
Originally posted by PTulini:

This pic is hilarious. The Raider defenders look like they're break dancing in the background while Adams is taking it to the house. Way to make em look foolish Adams

I love it!

this is classic

lmfao. the pic reminded me as if P. Adams's some ferocious tornado that just touched down and the raider defenders are objects in his destructive path left behind in a heap of dismay.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by HIMYM:
Break dance comment was so frickin funny. Even my gf (no football knowledge) couldn't stop laughing.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by El_Imperio:
Originally posted by Superbowl09:

This pic is hilarious. The Raider defenders look like they're break dancing in the background while Adams is taking it to the house. Way to make em look foolish Adams

I love it!

this is classic

lmfao. the pic reminded me as if P. Adams's some ferocious tornado that just touched down and the raider defenders are objects in his destructive path left behind in a heap of dismay.

Damn that is funny!
  • dj43
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by TheVoiceOfReason:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Can't wait to watch the game. Sounds like the rooks stepped up! Baalke, you are okay with me for now.

This year's draft class is looking very good. Props to Trent Baalke, Coach Singletary, and company! They did their homework and knew what they wanted. GREAT JOB!!!

all of the picks are gonna make the team

I don't know who scouted this kid. If it was McCloughin or Baalke. Or someone else. But whoever it was did their homework. Doesn't seem like he was on anyone's radar and he looks real good so far.

I really wanted us to draft Javier Arenas because I thought getting a punt returner and CB depth with one pick would be great for us. So I'm really happy that we ended up getting those things with a 7th round pick.
I recall the 49ers saying when McCloughin left that all the scouting reports were completed and it was now just a matter of seeing who was available when. So it appears the answer to your question is; McCloughan was in charge but that doesn't mean he personally scouted the kid.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by TheVoiceOfReason:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Can't wait to watch the game. Sounds like the rooks stepped up! Baalke, you are okay with me for now.

This year's draft class is looking very good. Props to Trent Baalke, Coach Singletary, and company! They did their homework and knew what they wanted. GREAT JOB!!!

all of the picks are gonna make the team

I don't know who scouted this kid. If it was McCloughin or Baalke. Or someone else. But whoever it was did their homework. Doesn't seem like he was on anyone's radar and he looks real good so far.

I really wanted us to draft Javier Arenas because I thought getting a punt returner and CB depth with one pick would be great for us. So I'm really happy that we ended up getting those things with a 7th round pick.
I recall the 49ers saying when McCloughin left that all the scouting reports were completed and it was now just a matter of seeing who was available when. So it appears the answer to your question is; McCloughan was in charge but that doesn't mean he personally scouted the kid.

McCloughan may have done all the ground work, but Singletary and Trent Baalke made the picks. I also highly doubt that McCloughan would have made the same choices.
Nice vid of Adams i found on youtube...

How much would everyone flip if Adams didn't make the final 53? IMO this guy Fn better make it he has done WAY more than could have been anticipated of him at CB and espcially PR.
almost had a pick six
he needs to be the nickel corner , this kid got good instints that would help especially in GB
Originally posted by BloodyGore:
he needs to be the nickel corner , this kid got good instints that would help especially in GB

Agree, much better than Brown or James
get this man on the field!

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by BloodyGore:

Agree, much better than Brown or James

I would keep Brown at nickle. I would take Adams as the dime CB rather than always hurt washed up Will James.
I don't know GB is a tough place to just put him in over T. Brown at. I'm not sure if Adams or Brown playing will make a difference either way. Unless of course Adams is a stud just sitting on the sideline.
Share 49ersWebzone