There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anthony Dixon is a Niner!

Originally posted by susweel:
Yes he does go down easy, all you gotta do is ask.

He's been stepping it up and getting nice runs on the few snaps they allow him to carry the ball. I'd really like to see us RB committee a little more. 3 different running types. Mix that in with QB sneaks, bootlegs, and Bruce Miller touches.
[ Edited by laughsatyou on Nov 27, 2011 at 11:13 AM ]
Is he? Funny I never see him play...
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

He didn't play against the ravens, that would have been pointless. He got some carries against the cards at the end of the game as we were basically just trying to control possession. 7 carries for 32 yards, a 4.2 average. Was the best average of the 3 rbs(2.7 for hunter and 3.7 for gore). Of course gore got the majority of the tough carries so hes going to get stopped a few more times. Not too bad but its not like they're an amazing run defense either.

I remember they kept using hunter to try to get up the middle, which obviously dixon and gore would be better at for sheer force, why don't they use him as often around the edges like they used to? That at least gets their defense running side to side so they get a little more tired out.
He needs a haircut.
Originally posted by mike:

He didn't play against the ravens, that would have been pointless. He got some carries against the cards at the end of the game as we were basically just trying to control possession. 7 carries for 32 yards, a 4.2 average. Was the best average of the 3 rbs(2.7 for hunter and 3.7 for gore). Of course gore got the majority of the tough carries so hes going to get stopped a few more times. Not too bad but its not like they're an amazing run defense either.

I remember they kept using hunter to try to get up the middle, which obviously dixon and gore would be better at for sheer force, why don't they use him as often around the edges like they used to? That at least gets their defense running side to side so they get a little more tired out.
I was joking, he has also been a good contributor on special teams, I just wonder what he has done to earn a spot firmly nailed to the bench? If he does not satisfy this coaching staff, why is he on the team? Play him, cut him or trade him but stop wasting the roster spot!
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mike:

I was joking, he has also been a good contributor on special teams, I just wonder what he has done to earn a spot firmly nailed to the bench? If he does not satisfy this coaching staff, why is he on the team? Play him, cut him or trade him but stop wasting the roster spot!
Security in case gore gets hurt again? Split carries with hunter if that happens.(More of a WHEN than an IF at this point).

He is one of the stronger tacklers on special teams so I don't really have a problem with that being his main thing, I wouldn't cut/trade him, but I agree we should find more opportunities for him. I think the problem is dixon's main use is pounding into the endzone, and certainly gore doesn't want to give away his touchdowns to a backup.
[ Edited by mike on Nov 27, 2011 at 12:35 PM ]
Dixon is enjoying the money and lifestyle. Doesnt care about being a starting or even second string rb. maybe when ho's and twitter gets old will he reach some of his potential.

maybe.
Originally posted by 9erVillian:
Dixon is enjoying the money and lifestyle. Doesnt care about being a starting or even second string rb. maybe when ho's and twitter gets old will he reach some of his potential.

maybe.
that's pretty brave of you to talk sh1t about someone you don't know.

maybe.

Sources? Big assumption here.
i feel some racism coming on.

maybe.

Wow, seriously? Dixon is always the guy who gets the crowd pumped up at home games, you can ALWAYS catch him on TV fired up. Maybe the dude just isn't a very good RB, which shouldn't matter because he is 3rd back.
he's living the f**king dream! Getting paid nicely to play in the NFL? I'd be jumping for joy everyday too.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he's living the f**king dream! Getting paid nicely to play in the NFL? I'd be jumping for joy everyday too.

LOL.
He's done.

Time to draft another running back in the 7th round.