LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Anthony Dixon is a Niner!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erVillian:
Dixon is enjoying the money and lifestyle. Doesnt care about being a starting or even second string rb. maybe when ho's and twitter gets old will he reach some of his potential.

maybe.

Yep totally agree, He's the only Niner I don't follow on Twitter. He'll be gone next year
Dixon is enjoying the money and lifestyle. Doesnt care about being a starting or even second string rb. maybe when ho's and twitter gets old will he reach some of his potential.

maybe.

Ho's? Dude is just an extrovert. Where did you come up with this stuff?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i feel some racism coming on.

Well, choke it back.
interview with Dixon.....seems like he has been tagging along Justin Smith's side during the offseason....looks thinner too.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Offseason-QA-Anthony-Dixon/f965e060-3b40-46eb-956f-e6892877ec5b

Q: What was your favorite drill of the offseason program and how did it improve your game?
A: I think it was the prowlers and squats we did. The prowlers are the sleds we put weights on to push on the turf field. This summer, working out with Justin Smith and the defensive line, I got up to like six plates on the sled. I really didn't know I had that in me. But we were out there one day – working hard, going at it – they challenged me and I did it. Working with "Big Justin," and you know how strong he is, they were making it look easy. But you know, I did what I did and I got it done. That was probably my most favorite exercise; it got me so much stronger after that. With the squats, I made improvements from last year, too. Those are things I can look back and say, "That's what made my season go as good as it was."

Q: Who jumped out to you the most during the offseason program?
A: The No. 1 guy that jumped out to me was Justin Smith. I gotta go with Justin because before we officially started (the offseason program), I was out here with him and he was talking to me about being a pro. I saw how he went about it and this dude, he comes in here every day and he just goes. He's a real blue-collar workhorse. So I'd say Justin. I learned so much from him this offseason as far as work ethic and what it takes to be a pro.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jul 3, 2012 at 1:02 AM ]
Originally posted by NickSh49:

maybe.

Ho's? Dude is just an extrovert. Where did you come up with this stuff?

LOL seriously. What an outrageous statement. Posting a lot of s**t on twitter does not equal only caring about ho's. Dixon definitely does care about his jobl if you've watched him on the sidelines at any game this past season you would notice
Dixon will probably be in the best shape of his career but odds are against him. If he doesn't make it with us though I'd expect him to get picked up by another team (probably the Rams or Seahawks) and I think he will get more playing time and can be a decent player. Odds are just stacked against him here and I'm glad he is getting in better shape but like I have said 100 times I just wish after that rookie season he would have gotten quicker and faster and went from 225 to 215 or so and not up to 235. I don't know why they wanted him to get bigger (if it was the coaches choice or his) but I think it was the wrong direction. He showed a lot of promise his rookie year and I thought he would have been a steal in the 6th. Honestly, think he still can be a decent player with another team if he doesn't make it with us.
He went up in weight last year because he asked the coaches what else could he do to see the field more......he bulked up to get some fullback plays as well. But going into the season, no one knew that Bruce Miller would play like he did...especially coming in from a different position.

I think Dixon will do fine, here or another team. I can see Seattle looking at him as someone who could take some load off Marshawn Lynch's carries. They are both similar in size and are agile.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
interview with Dixon.....seems like he has been tagging along Justin Smith's side during the offseason....looks thinner too.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Offseason-QA-Anthony-Dixon/f965e060-3b40-46eb-956f-e6892877ec5b

Q: What was your favorite drill of the offseason program and how did it improve your game?
A: I think it was the prowlers and squats we did. The prowlers are the sleds we put weights on to push on the turf field. This summer, working out with Justin Smith and the defensive line, I got up to like six plates on the sled. I really didn't know I had that in me. But we were out there one day – working hard, going at it – they challenged me and I did it. Working with "Big Justin," and you know how strong he is, they were making it look easy. But you know, I did what I did and I got it done. That was probably my most favorite exercise; it got me so much stronger after that. With the squats, I made improvements from last year, too. Those are things I can look back and say, "That's what made my season go as good as it was."

Q: Who jumped out to you the most during the offseason program?
A: The No. 1 guy that jumped out to me was Justin Smith. I gotta go with Justin because before we officially started (the offseason program), I was out here with him and he was talking to me about being a pro. I saw how he went about it and this dude, he comes in here every day and he just goes. He's a real blue-collar workhorse. So I'd say Justin. I learned so much from him this offseason as far as work ethic and what it takes to be a pro.

If Dixon is thinner then he was last year I cant believe we didn't cut him. Look at this pic of him at Aldon Smith's party last weekend.

Seriously if he looks like this now and people are saying he is thinner then before he really needs to get motivated because he wont make it on our roster if he is in that kind of shape 1 month before training camp. No matter his endurance, he would just be a big ball of fat running around. He needs some muscle.
if the team was that concerned about dixon's conditioning like you are, he would've got cut long ago....the trainers and coaches are always around him...in fact he has been in santa clara working out all offseason.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
they should have stabbed him.

Originally posted by susweel:

Hahahahahaa

Dude you put the most random sh*t but its hella funny.
Originally posted by sfout:
If Dixon is thinner then he was last year I cant believe we didn't cut him. Look at this pic of him at Aldon Smith's party last weekend.

Seriously if he looks like this now and people are saying he is thinner then before he really needs to get motivated because he wont make it on our roster if he is in that kind of shape 1 month before training camp. No matter his endurance, he would just be a big ball of fat running around. He needs some muscle.

Damn big hanging gut and all... I am in way better shape and I spend my days sitting around this place... not good.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by BayArea:
Damn big hanging gut and all... I am in way better shape and I spend my days sitting around this place... not good.

pics or lying
pics or lying

serious? because I will.. lol
Share 49ersWebzone