There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anthony Davis is a Niner!

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by danimal:
LOVE the pick.

Love the trade up(Miami was definitely going to swoop up Davis, a 4th doesn't mean s**t to us right now)

I really Love the month Baalke is having.

Exactly.

They immediately traded the pick once we took Davis! Oops someone's board got blown up!!! Maybe it's me but I really feel like we abused Miami this off-season.

Originally posted by danimal:
LOVE the pick.

Love the trade up(Miami was definitely going to swoop up Davis, a 4th doesn't mean s**t to us right now)

I really Love the month Baalke is having.

+1
Anthony Davis: A BIG TIME Talent! I said it before, Anthony Davis is the most talented offensive tackle in a very talented offensive tackle class. He was the top rated offensive lineman coming out of High School and was recruited by everyone, USC, Ohio State, Florida, Miami, they all wanted him very badly but he was the first big time recruit coming out of New Jersey who stayed in state and signed with Rutgers. Came in as an 18 year old true freshman and started the last 8 games at right guard. Started 12 games at left tackle as a true sophomore in 2008 and another 12 at LT in 2009. Now he did report overweight every season at Rutgers starting with his freshmen season and was suspended for a game last year for being late to a team meeting. He was also overweight for the combine, so yes he has some flaws but he is only 20yrs old and he really does not have many weaknesses in his game. Go watch the game vs Pitt this past year; He dominated Pittsburgh DE Greg Romeus who is projected as a top 5 pick for the 2011 draft. He handled both George Selvie and Jason Pierre-Paul when USF played Rutgers. This kid when he is focused, he is a big time player. He was projected as a top 2-4 pick next year had he came back for his Senior season at Rutgers. At 6'5" 323pds he is obviously a big kid but he also has a wide frame with long arms. He can just slide and mirror defensive ends. He has good feet, esspecially for someone his size. I trust Singletary will keep this kid motivated and in shape and with Solari coaching him up along with Ray Brown, I think he is in good hands in San Francisco. I think he can come right in and compete for starting RT job and in 2011 and beyond I think he will be a big time NFL offensive tackle.
I'm concerned about the trade up as well, and I also thought that Bulaga was a better prospect, but I'm not an NFL Scout.

At the end of the day, we greatly improved out offensive line, and in 10 days, 10 months, and 10 years, that's all that's going to matter from this draft. I'm not out-of-my-skin happy, but I'm very content with the 1st round and looking forward to the next two.
Bear in mind that for a while Davis was considered the #2 tackle coming out, based solely on his game tape. Bulaga only moved up on most mocks because of a strong combine, however, that seemed to not move him up for most teams. Davis is the better value than Bulaga simply because of potential. Bulaga has probably hit close to his potential, which is still a pretty good RT, whereas Davis has the potential to be an Orlando Pace type guy. I still think he'll have to improve a lot to push staley out of LT but, no matter what this guy is an improvement over Snyder. The sky's the limit for this kid's potential. a 20 yr old T that's a top 12 guy.... that means we got a really solid tackle for a very very long time.
Originally posted by jonnydellfan:
Bear in mind that for a while Davis was considered the #2 tackle coming out, based solely on his game tape. Bulaga only moved up on most mocks because of a strong combine, however, that seemed to not move him up for most teams. Davis is the better value than Bulaga simply because of potential. Bulaga has probably hit close to his potential, which is still a pretty good RT, whereas Davis has the potential to be an Orlando Pace type guy. I still think he'll have to improve a lot to push staley out of LT but, no matter what this guy is an improvement over Snyder. The sky's the limit for this kid's potential. a 20 yr old T that's a top 12 guy.... that means we got a really solid tackle for a very very long time.

Good point(s)
Good point about Ray Brown, Patrick. Every O-lineman that has played with Brown unfailingly remarks about his abilities as a teacher and motivator--and if anything slips by Brown, our head coach is pretty good at making players see the light.

With Davis on board, ol' Mt. Pain is going to have to start watching its cholesteral.
Originally posted by jonnydellfan:

After the pick Mayock said of Davis: "he's one of the most talented young men I've ever seen."
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Good point about Ray Brown, Patrick. Every O-lineman that has played with Brown unfailingly remarks about his abilities as a teacher and motivator--and if anything slips by Brown, our head coach is pretty good at making players see the light.

With Davis on board, ol' Mt. Pain is going to have to start watching its cholesteral.

Solari ain't bad either
I think as fans, we will smile on 3rd and 2 this year.
Got our OLine fixed, good job Baalke. The only thing I can think of for the trade up though is GB was going to deal with MIami to take Davis, so we leapfrogged those b***hes. But it sucks we lost our 4th. Oh well.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Got our OLine fixed, good job Baalke. The only thing I can think of for the trade up though is GB was going to deal with MIami to take Davis, so we leapfrogged those b***hes. But it sucks we lost our 4th. Oh well.

them and Dallas was also a concern since they're in the market for a tackle.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Our offensive line is finally set up!
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

i know, i almost knew like 80% of the time we would get stuffed. now we can run off the clock correctly unlike that damn vikings gm. the thing is i hope now that we got our oline set that we dont become a run run run team. i still want to air it out but not insanely like 45 times just a real good BALANCED attack