There are 321 users in the forums

Ted Ginn a niner (5th round pick)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

for a 5th round this is an awesome steal, just get him to go with practice with vd in front of a juggs machine
Score one for Baalke...this most likely means we don't draft a WR and/or a KR. Given that, it gives Singletary & Baalke more options for other postions...and it only cost a 5th rd pick. Excellent acquisition...and an overall shrewd deal. Nice going, Trent...
Originally posted by KasparHauser:
Originally posted by thefins:
As a fins fan, Im happy to see him go. So is pretty much every Fins Fan I know. Maybe he just needs a scenery change, but he was terrible with is. He was a huge factor in our loses to both the Colts and Saints (he directly caused the Saints loss).

This is how we remember him:
Enjoy

For a 5th and his minimal salary the 49ers got a great deal. BTW- from what I've read, not all Fin fans are particularly happy about this trade.

Sing will teach him how to catch. He is good at motivation.
Love the Ted Ginn trade!

Just solved a huge need for a 5th rd pick and got back a proven guy who is only 25 and can also help out as a slot receiver and give us something we need at WR (A speedy slot guy). But obviously his biggest role will be as a kick and punt returner.

Great move by Trent Baalke!
Great pick-up! Cross that off the need list. The kid is talented, remember he was a top-10 pick at one point. Hopefully Sing can get out of Ginn Jr. what he got out of Vernon.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Great pick-up! Cross that off the need list. The kid is talented, remember he was a top-10 pick at one point. Hopefully Sing can get out of Ginn Jr. what he got out of Vernon.

Our team is a young and mature. they will push Ginn to do his best
As a fins fan, Im happy to see him go. So is pretty much every Fins Fan I know. Maybe he just needs a scenery change, but he was terrible with is. He was a huge factor in our loses to both the Colts and Saints (he directly caused the Saints loss).

Enjoy

Yea, I feel bad for you guys. Wasted a very high pick. I'm willing to risk a 5th on him though.

PS: You should see what we had at PR/KR before Ginn.
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 16, 2010 at 12:09 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by KasparHauser:

Enjoy

For a 5th and his minimal salary the 49ers got a great deal. BTW- from what I've read, not all Fin fans are particularly happy about this trade.

Sing will teach him how to catch. He is good at motivation.

Plus, Pennington has been throwing him the ball the last 3 years. Smith will get him the ball deep.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Apr 16, 2010 at 12:12 PM ]
Its an awesome trade IMO.

We dont need Ginn to come in and be a number 1 guy like Miami wanted him to be. On offense he will be able to come in and stretch the field to open it up for VD, Crabtree, Morgan and Gore.

As a return man its awesome he is a top 5 KR.

This a pretty good deal and exactly what the Niners needed
Probably appropriate to give Jed York an "attaboy" also. With no GM, I expect that York had to approve paying the freight for what is essentially a very expensive (financially) 5th round pick. Way to step up, Jed!

Originally posted by jimbagg:
Probably appropriate to give Jed York an "attaboy" also. With no GM, I expect that York had to approve paying the freight for what is essentially a very expensive (financially) 5th round pick. Way to step up, Jed!

This
What a steal, we get the whole Ginn Family for just a 5th round pick!
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

You want Morgan to stay black?

what happen to Rachal and Snyder, has they die?

Yeah whats up with the O-line on this play? LOL
  • JDog
  • Veteran
I would love to see us move Brandon Jones now, and get that pick back! The guys has been hurt I know, but done nothing to earn his money and I do not see him moving up the depth chart right?
Originally posted by JDog:
I would love to see us move Brandon Jones now, and get that pick back! The guys has been hurt I know, but done nothing to earn his money and I do not see him moving up the depth chart right?

dude has a stupid contract for doing s**t and having 1 catch. hes probably untradeable
Share 49ersWebzone