Score one for Baalke...this most likely means we don't draft a WR and/or a KR. Given that, it gives Singletary & Baalke more options for other postions...and it only cost a 5th rd pick. Excellent acquisition...and an overall shrewd deal. Nice going, Trent...
Originally posted by thefins: As a fins fan, Im happy to see him go. So is pretty much every Fins Fan I know. Maybe he just needs a scenery change, but he was terrible with is. He was a huge factor in our loses to both the Colts and Saints (he directly caused the Saints loss).
This is how we remember him: Enjoy
For a 5th and his minimal salary the 49ers got a great deal. BTW- from what I've read, not all Fin fans are particularly happy about this trade.
Sing will teach him how to catch. He is good at motivation.
Just solved a huge need for a 5th rd pick and got back a proven guy who is only 25 and can also help out as a slot receiver and give us something we need at WR (A speedy slot guy). But obviously his biggest role will be as a kick and punt returner.
Great pick-up! Cross that off the need list. The kid is talented, remember he was a top-10 pick at one point. Hopefully Sing can get out of Ginn Jr. what he got out of Vernon.
Originally posted by foreign49er: Great pick-up! Cross that off the need list. The kid is talented, remember he was a top-10 pick at one point. Hopefully Sing can get out of Ginn Jr. what he got out of Vernon.
Our team is a young and mature. they will push Ginn to do his best
Originally posted by thefins: As a fins fan, Im happy to see him go. So is pretty much every Fins Fan I know. Maybe he just needs a scenery change, but he was terrible with is. He was a huge factor in our loses to both the Colts and Saints (he directly caused the Saints loss).
This is how we remember him: Enjoy
Yea, I feel bad for you guys. Wasted a very high pick. I'm willing to risk a 5th on him though.
PS: You should see what we had at PR/KR before Ginn.
Originally posted by thefins: As a fins fan, Im happy to see him go. So is pretty much every Fins Fan I know. Maybe he just needs a scenery change, but he was terrible with is. He was a huge factor in our loses to both the Colts and Saints (he directly caused the Saints loss).
This is how we remember him: Enjoy
For a 5th and his minimal salary the 49ers got a great deal. BTW- from what I've read, not all Fin fans are particularly happy about this trade.
Sing will teach him how to catch. He is good at motivation.
Plus, Pennington has been throwing him the ball the last 3 years. Smith will get him the ball deep.
We dont need Ginn to come in and be a number 1 guy like Miami wanted him to be. On offense he will be able to come in and stretch the field to open it up for VD, Crabtree, Morgan and Gore.
As a return man its awesome he is a top 5 KR.
This a pretty good deal and exactly what the Niners needed
Probably appropriate to give Jed York an "attaboy" also. With no GM, I expect that York had to approve paying the freight for what is essentially a very expensive (financially) 5th round pick. Way to step up, Jed!
Originally posted by jimbagg: Probably appropriate to give Jed York an "attaboy" also. With no GM, I expect that York had to approve paying the freight for what is essentially a very expensive (financially) 5th round pick. Way to step up, Jed!
I would love to see us move Brandon Jones now, and get that pick back! The guys has been hurt I know, but done nothing to earn his money and I do not see him moving up the depth chart right?
Originally posted by JDog: I would love to see us move Brandon Jones now, and get that pick back! The guys has been hurt I know, but done nothing to earn his money and I do not see him moving up the depth chart right?
dude has a stupid contract for doing s**t and having 1 catch. hes probably untradeable