There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ted Ginn a niner (5th round pick)

Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Just noticed a technical difficulty

merging threads deletes them

please proceed

It's ok. We were all noob-Mods at one point.

I was like what the heck is going on... DAVID!!!!!!

So is it safe to post in this thread?

I posted the tricks to gaining wealth, fame and hot chicks in the last one...now those secrets are forever lost.

proceed...if any new Ginn threads come up I will just lock them instead of merging them.


Who posted the first ginn thread? so I can give him the credit Jakemall lol

I wish I knew...
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Just noticed a technical difficulty

merging threads deletes them

please proceed

It's ok. We were all noob-Mods at one point.

I was like what the heck is going on... DAVID!!!!!!

So is it safe to post in this thread?

I posted the tricks to gaining wealth, fame and hot chicks in the last one...now those secrets are forever lost.

Dangit I always miss those post.
[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Apr 16, 2010 at 11:22 AM ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,043
This will count as part of our draft grade right?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
For a 5th round pick getting one of the best returners in the league is an absolute steal. He still can go deep as a WR too. He's not a physical contact type of WR but I wouldn't hesitate to use him as a deep threat from time to time. Other teams still have to respect his blazing speed.

This is the first and only offseason move I've seen that makes sense.

For us, or anybody?

For the 49ers. They are slow and dense.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
For a 5th round pick getting one of the best returners in the league is an absolute steal. He still can go deep as a WR too. He's not a physical contact type of WR but I wouldn't hesitate to use him as a deep threat from time to time. Other teams still have to respect his blazing speed.

This is the first and only offseason move I've seen that makes sense.

For us, or anybody?

yorks
Nothing about this move excites me. I hope I'm completely wrong here, but I expect him to be a major source of frustration simply based on his turnovers. Didn't like the SOB in college either.
WOW. Great move. He is exactly what we needed on special teams and if he can also stretch the field and actually catch the ball on offense this will be a total steal.
In yo face Al Davis!


Ginn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Drops Hella Ballz
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
For a 5th round pick getting one of the best returners in the league is an absolute steal. He still can go deep as a WR too. He's not a physical contact type of WR but I wouldn't hesitate to use him as a deep threat from time to time. Other teams still have to respect his blazing speed.

This is the first and only offseason move I've seen that makes sense.

For us, or anybody?

For the 49ers. They are slow and dense.

Actually, I think that's just our fans from San Diego...





J/K SD. It is the best move we've made this off-season.
I really like this trade for some reasons..

football- we get an elite returner, and a deep threat to our offense, now we can put vernon and ginn on both sides and crabtree will destroy in the slot, or something like that, the thing is that we have another weapon this will only help to evolve our offense.

organization - it show our structure is working and we can go to the draft relax knowing we can pull of a trade if we wanted. it also show the owners are investing and really wanting to make this year a special one, remember Tedd is a 9 overall pick and he has a huge salary and for the niners to say hell with it and still trade him (knowing he will only be a situational player), it says a lot to me on how invested and prepared this organization is to make this year a playoffs run.

go nienrs
this means no spiller in the draft and they will focus on OL and the secondary?
Ginn doesn't have the best hands in the world. They might improve, but i don't think they'll ever be considered good. That said, teams will still have to account for him because if he's not covered he'll take it to the house. He's an inconsistant homerun threat. Some teams will gamble defensively on him and some teams will get burned for doing it. SOme won't.
Originally posted by ninergold:
this means no spiller in the draft and they will focus on OL and the secondary?

And DL/Pass Rush.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Nothing about this move excites me. I hope I'm completely wrong here, but I expect him to be a major source of frustration simply based on his turnovers. Didn't like the SOB in college either.



Hate hate hate
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,311
Originally posted by kronik:
Some serious speed here!

Nice! Thanks, kronik. Some serious speed is right.