LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

What Does McCloughan departure mean for Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Smith has gotten Nolan, Turner and now McCloughan let go / fired / left.
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Smith has to prove himself this season. Singletary WILL NOT have any problems yanking him if he starts a losing streak. I honestly believe that if it hadn't been for McCloughan, Smith would have been gone by now. But there is NOT one G.M. who will admit if they had made a bad decision and so far, McClouhan has been able to protect Alex while covering his own rear end.

With Mcloughan gone, there's no longer a security blanket for Alex Smith and the QB competition is on. Bet on it!

Great post, I love it! No more biased evaluations of this kid! It's s**t or get off the pot (and a kick in the ass out the door) this year.
Well honestly fellas, it doesn't matter becuz here's what was said by Mr. York.

"Alex is our guy," York said. "He's our quarterback. We believe in Alex. Coach Singletary believes in Alex. I think he's always said he believes in Alex. I think Alex did a nice job stepping in last year when he came in. I think it's great this is the first time he's had continuity at the offensive coordinator. When you have some weapons around him with Crab (Michael Crabtree) with Vernon (Davis) with Frank (Gore), I think Alex is poised to have a good season for us. And (we're) more excited that Alex is our starting quarterback."

And say what u want cuz so far, smith has received endorsements from Sing, p. Willy, and Davis. Now mr. York. Say what u want but it's nice to have someone other than fans to speak about the real reality of our non existent(supposed future) qb competition.

It's nice to know Continuity really is our goal this offseason, and I can't wait.
It will be good for the team to get a new GM in that is unbiased regarding past relationships with players, and can evaluate with a fresh perspective. If not this season, then the next at least. If that means Smith gets replaced, then it will be because someone is finally making unbiased decisions.

[ Edited by djfullshred on Mar 24, 2010 at 08:38:34 ]
the head coach says he is the starter.deal with it!
Originally posted by 5timechamps:
the head coach says he is the starter.deal with it!

Jeez, I hope it is not another year of "deal with it"..and that applies to whoever is quarterback, nothing peronal against Smith. I would rather have "oh yeah!" than "deal with it"...and that also applies to whoever is starting, including Smith.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Well honestly fellas, it doesn't matter becuz here's what was said by Mr. York.

"Alex is our guy," York said. "He's our quarterback. We believe in Alex. Coach Singletary believes in Alex. I think he's always said he believes in Alex. I think Alex did a nice job stepping in last year when he came in. I think it's great this is the first time he's had continuity at the offensive coordinator. When you have some weapons around him with Crab (Michael Crabtree) with Vernon (Davis) with Frank (Gore), I think Alex is poised to have a good season for us. And (we're) more excited that Alex is our starting quarterback."

And say what u want cuz so far, smith has received endorsements from Sing, p. Willy, and Davis. Now mr. York. Say what u want but it's nice to have someone other than fans to speak about the real reality of our non existent(supposed future) qb competition.

It's nice to know Continuity really is our goal this offseason, and I can't wait.

LOL, but hasn't that become a veritably bad omen for any key piece of personnel within the 49ers? -Getting the owner's praise is a foreshadowed 'kiss of death'.
Nothing!
Share 49ersWebzone