LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

What Does McCloughan departure mean for Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Shorter leash.
he eats baby carrots
It doesn't mean anything. We have a former bust #1 who is worse and an overhyped, overrated nobody 3rd stringer. By default he is the starter.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
nothing
means hes boutta s**t on some suckas next yearrr!!!
Smiths fate is all his own, 2010 is his final chance as a 49er.

If he does well and builds on last year were gonna resign him and we will have our QB, If he regresses then bye bye smith and its back to trying to find the franchise QB again....
It means the same thing; if he doesn't produce this year, he's gone.
  • yummy12
  • Info N/A
Means no 7th try. He fails now he truly gone. He lost his biggest supporter.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Smiths fate is all his own, 2010 is his final chance as a 49er.

If he does well and builds on last year were gonna resign him and we will have our QB, If he regresses then bye bye smith and its back to trying to find the franchise QB again....

8-8 isn't all that bad considering all to stupidity throughout the season....I wanna see Smith's Mental now....he needs to phase all the front office BS out & focus on football.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Kentwan Balmer sucks

• Lifer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mike8016:
As we know McCloughan is a big Smith Supporter. Do you believe the rest of the organization supports Smith or will we be looking in another direction come draft time?[/u]

Without McC, Smith would probably spend a a year in Carolina then end up as Eli Manning's backup.

With or without McC, the Niners won't draft a QB this year. They'll want to see how Smith does with all the factors working in his favor. They'll also want to see how Nate Davis develops. If nobody steps up by the end of the year, then they'll make a QB move in 2011.

It's possible that Baalke or Gamble (or someone else in the organization like Wormtongue... er, Marathe) has wildly different ideas about the QB situation than McCloughan, but not very likely.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It doesn't mean anything. We have a former bust #1 who is worse and an overhyped, overrated nobody 3rd stringer. By default he is the starter.

Yah know SD, I usually don't have a problem in the slightest with people having a negative view, but to be honest I wish nothing more than for Smith to blow up so that your cinicisim (is that even a word?) can take a serious hit. If someone has sunbstance to back their negative feelings then so be it, but you border on delusional.

Calling Parage wormtounge is just plain rude. Dude has done nothing but work the hell outta the cap for this team, keeping us healthy since he took over, and done nothing to deserve any BS from fans.

Unless it's about one of our superstars like Gore or Willis your outlook is always EXTREME negative. I really look forward to the day that your prophecy is ished all over.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for oldninerdude.
Originally posted by WINiner:

Yah know SD, I usually don't have a problem in the slightest with people having a negative view, but to be honest I wish nothing more than for Smith to blow up so that your cinicisim (is that even a word?) can take a serious hit. If someone has sunbstance to back their negative feelings then so be it, but you border on delusional.

Calling Parage wormtounge is just plain rude. Dude has done nothing but work the hell outta the cap for this team, keeping us healthy since he took over, and done nothing to deserve any BS from fans.

Unless it's about one of our superstars like Gore or Willis your outlook is always EXTREME negative. I really look forward to the day that your prophecy is ished all over.

"Cynicism," I believe.

I agree with you, SD is extremely negative, usually, about most things having to do with the Niners. And his views are often unsupported and incorrect, imo.

However, they're his opinions and he's allowed to express them. I don't believe he's a troll--the opinions he expresses seem genuine, even if I usually disagree with them. They're not just thrown out there to cause a reaction by the rest of the fans on the board.

I think SD still has alot of holdover, intense frustration from the days of Nolan, and Erikson and Donahue before him. He's become so used to losing and ineptitude that its hard for him to recognize or acknowledge anything else, and he's afraid to hope for change because he's afraid of further disappointment. I find it hard to blame him for that, although I don't choose to look at the team in the same way.

I join you in looking forward to the day when his negativity is shown to be misplaced, not because it will prove him incorrect, but because it will mean that the Niners are fully back on the right track.

In the meantime, I really enjoy watching Singletary work. He has already improved the team from the disarray it was in when he took over. He's made use of the talent already aboard, instead of trying for some quick fix, big name splash to quiet fans. He may not be an Xs and Os genius, like Walsh (who compares to him), but he's a football coach who knows the game. He recognizes the team's weaknesses and addresses them, instead of trying to disguise them with complicated schemes or big name FAs or OCs.

He's not afraid to make changes to improve the team, but they're substantive changes that make it easier for the players to do what they do best, which is the fundamental point of it all, isn't it. He gets the most out of the talent already on the team--VD and Brooks come immediately to mind, but there are others as well. That's the sign of a good coach, imo.

At least the team is fun to watch again, in most games. IMHO.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

"Cynicism," I believe.

I agree with you, SD is extremely negative, usually, about most things having to do with the Niners. And his views are often unsupported and incorrect, imo.

However, they're his opinions and he's allowed to express them. I don't believe he's a troll--the opinions he expresses seem genuine, even if I usually disagree with them. They're not just thrown out there to cause a reaction by the rest of the fans on the board.

I think SD still has alot of holdover, intense frustration from the days of Nolan, and Erikson and Donahue before him. He's become so used to losing and ineptitude that its hard for him to recognize or acknowledge anything else, and he's afraid to hope for change because he's afraid of further disappointment. I find it hard to blame him for that, although I don't choose to look at the team in the same way.

I join you in looking forward to the day when his negativity is shown to be misplaced, not because it will prove him incorrect, but because it will mean that the Niners are fully back on the right track.

In the meantime, I really enjoy watching Singletary work. He has already improved the team from the disarray it was in when he took over. He's made use of the talent already aboard, instead of trying for some quick fix, big name splash to quiet fans. He may not be an Xs and Os genius, like Walsh (who compares to him), but he's a football coach who knows the game. He recognizes the team's weaknesses and addresses them, instead of trying to disguise them with complicated schemes or big name FAs or OCs.

He's not afraid to make changes to improve the team, but they're substantive changes that make it easier for the players to do what they do best, which is the fundamental point of it all, isn't it. He gets the most out of the talent already on the team--VD and Brooks come immediately to mind, but there are others as well. That's the sign of a good coach, imo.

Yeah like I said I don't normally have an issue with the negative. I generally encourage people being critical of the team, cause it is us afterall that allows them to do business. The problem I have is like his wormtounge comment about Parage earlier in this thread. It's comments like that that have absolutely not a shred of evidence to support that statement, and as a matter of fact their is a mountain of evidence that states the man has done nothing more than a fantastic job for us, that irritate so badly.

I could kick Mike Nolan's dog for Nolan's continued affect on our fans. I remember SD being VERY high on the team in the offseason between Nolans 1st and 2nd season. Ever since then he has been what he is today. Sad really cause the team needs as much positivity as possible right now imo.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

"Cynicism," I believe.

extremely well said
Share 49ersWebzone