Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I really have no idea what any of this means.

Are we really suppose to believe that he is going through some extraordinary personal issue?

Why is it so hard to believe?

This happens all the time, whether it be for health issues (Urban Meyer), to be closer to your family (Bill Cowher), or for personal issues (Tiger Woods).

Well I just find it hard to believe because everybody has personal issues. Getting a LOA solely for these personal issues is smack dab in the middle of special treatment land. But usually, such special treatment comes at a price, that being disclosure. People will want to know what makes your problems so much more pressing than mine.

So if it really is personal stuff, I would think Scotty would be telling us the nature of this issue.

perhaps because its none of our business

Hmmm, I don't know about that. He is a GM of a business whose customers are fans. With power and influence comes transparency.

Other employees. Do you have any idea how many people show up to work at 4949 Centiennial while coping with their own personal issues? I would say they are entitled some explanation.

Strictly speaking, true, it is not our business.....but IMO, you would have to be a pretty big a*****e not to enlighten the very people you have let down, even if only vaguely.

he's an a*****e because he might want to keep his personal business private? The only people he owes an explanation to are in the 49er organization; as a fan he owes me nothing

You are looking at it too narrowly.

No, he is not an a*****e for wanting his private stuff kept private.

Again, I am going to stress this all day if I have to. EVERYBODY has Personal issues.

Here is how I keep my personal issues private. I don't miss work. I don't bail on my team a few weeks before implementing the biggest project of the year. What a concept right?

Thats how you keep your s**t private. Once you have been exposed that you can't do your job anymore because of this ever so secret personal issue that people are just so suppose to assume is much deeper problems than their own.....thats when you start looking like a douche

And I'm sure he's told all the relevant ppl he works with what his issues are. That's why your example is flawed imo.

We, as fans, don't work with him. We don't have to pick up any of his slack. He doesn't owe us sh*t.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Redeemer:
Some new guy posted this in another thread.....

I WON"T POST ANY SPECIFIC BECAUSE YOU MUST DO SO YOURSELF.

GO TO SANTA CLARA"S SUPERIOR COURT WEBSITE, GO TO CASE INFO

LOOKUP CIVIL CASES

LOOKUP ANYONE BY LAST NAME

MAKE SURE TO USE CORRECT LAST NAME

MAKE SURE TO SEARCH ALL CASES IN THE LAST WEEK OR WHATEVER

MY DISCLAIMER IS THAT I DON"T KNOW ANYTHING AND I AM NOT CLAIMING ANYONE (INCLUDING SCOT MCLOUGHAN) HAS ANY CASES (CIVIL OR CRIMINAL). MANY PEOPLE HAVE SIMILAR OR SAME NAMES.

THIS IS A GENERAL HOW TO. HAVE FUN!

I checked there is something there.

Yup. Looks like Scotty is dealing with a divorce/custody battle. Poor guy.

I think it goes deeper, if that's all it was I don't think it would be this kind of commotion....I bet he was cheating on his wife.

Or she cheated on him

With Shaun Hill . . .
Originally posted by 5280High:

LOOKUP CIVIL CASES

MY DISCLAIMER IS THAT I DON"T KNOW ANYTHING AND I AM NOT CLAIMING ANYONE (INCLUDING SCOT MCLOUGHAN) HAS ANY CASES (CIVIL OR CRIMINAL). MANY PEOPLE HAVE SIMILAR OR SAME NAMES.

I think it goes deeper, if that's all it was I don't think it would be this kind of commotion....I bet he was cheating on his wife.

Sadly it's probably the other way around... If he were cheating than he most likely would already be emotionally detached from the situation. But the person who does the wrongdoing usually doesn't get completely torn up emotionally.

Very true, but to leave right before the biggest time of the year..........?

That's why I think he cheated, so nothing comes back at the organization.

Custody battles are brutal, plus we don't know if any other charges are in play, such as physical or emotional abuse. Something bigger is brewing. over 50% of marriages in this country end in divorce, so it can't just be the end of his marriage that has him leaving his job.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Can we give John York, Jed York and Denise Debartolo York an extended leave of absence? Or better yet a permanent one.

Nah but you should take one. Or better yet a permanent one.

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I don't understand why so many of you are happy if he's just taking a leave of absence so that means he's coming back

Because it's indefinite?

Not saying I'm happy but there's no telling if or when he actually will come back.

Scot's first divorce/custody hearing took place almost 3 days ago (3/15/10), the case was filed back at the start of last Month.

Sounds to me like Scot's taking absence to absolve these issues, and most likely come back.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Can we give John York, Jed York and Denise Debartolo York an extended leave of absence? Or better yet a permanent one.

Nah but you should take one. Or better yet a permanent one.

Actually it's the Yorks who need to sell the team to a real winner like Larry Ellison.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
"Longstanding personal issues" sounds like drugs and/or alcohol.

maybe he has the aids?
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I don't understand why so many of you are happy if he's just taking a leave of absence so that means he's coming back

Because it's indefinite?

Not saying I'm happy but there's no telling if or when he actually will come back.

Scot's first divorce/custody hearing took place almost 3 days ago (3/15/10), the case was filed back at the start of last Month.

Sounds to me like Scot's taking absence to absolve these issues, and most likely come back.

Maybe the first judge was a Raiders fan...
Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
"Longstanding personal issues" sounds like drugs and/or alcohol.

maybe he has the aids?

Not funny or appropriate.
Originally posted by 5280High:

LOOKUP CIVIL CASES

Sadly it's probably the other way around... If he were cheating than he most likely would already be emotionally detached from the situation. But the person who does the wrongdoing usually doesn't get completely torn up emotionally.

Very true, but to leave right before the biggest time of the year..........?

That's why I think he cheated, so nothing comes back at the organization.

Yeah, but in all likelihood most of his work is done, he would just be a voice in the draftroom at this point, which he may still do by phone, who knows.

Having gone through something like this myself, it can get pretty ugly... and I'm a poor b*****d with no kids. If I was making what he's making I can only imagine the hell it would of been with lawyers & children. Granted I only took a week off work to find a new place, move, and deal with it, but I mean some dudes are more emotional than others. Doesn't make you less of a man just means your life has been pretty cushy so far and his probably has been.

Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

I love how 90% of the people on this board can't stand Scot, and don't want him as our GM...and now that he's not gonna be here for the draft, they're saying "Right before the draft! WTF?!?"

this lol

im just waiting till singletary takes tebow at 13 and everyone wishes that scotty mc was the GM making the choices to get a better draft pick.

tebow at 13 with williams and spiller on the board
mays at 17 with iupati and graham on the board.

heres to the future!
Ok - I checked the records. Scot's wife filed for divorce last year. That case was quickly dismissed, which shows me that they reconciled. Maybe they went to counseling. The second suit was filed on Feb 10, meaning Scot may just recently have been served with it.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Karma:

Maybe the first judge was a Raiders fan...

Not funny or appropriate.

Yes, a comment about rival teams is comparable to a life threatening disease. You must have aced the analogy portion of the SATs.
I'm betting the Niners are on a mole hunt find out who let the cat out of the bag to Maiocco before they could get their ducks in a row.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'm betting the Niners are on a mole hunt find out who let the cat out of the bag to Maiocco before they could get their ducks in a row.

when they find out, it'll be like shooting fish in a barrel.
Share 49ersWebzone