LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

49ers | Giving McCloughan leave of absence

Shop Find 49ers gear online
49ers | Giving McCloughan leave of absence
Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:56:27 -0700

Updating previous reports, Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports the San Francisco 49ers are giving general manager Scot McCloughan an extended leave of absence while he tends to personal issues.

Per KFFL.com
Well everybody got what they wished for. I hope this doesnt bite us in the ass. I liked him as our GM.

right before the draft!
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Now that it's official and not just speculation, this is the official McCloughan thread.

Good lord I hope this doesn't bite us in the ass.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

right before the draft!

Most, if not all, of the film work and evaluating is done. The draft board is 99% complete. His big works are already completed.

Now it's about execution. I think, given the timeframe, we will still be implementing some form of McCloughan's vision.
I have a bad feeling about this...
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

I love how 90% of the people on this board can't stand Scot, and don't want him as our GM...and now that he's not gonna be here for the draft, they're saying "Right before the draft! WTF?!?"
If they really need to they could probably have him on the phone for draft day (s) depending on how serious this personal issue is.
Well on a positive note, looks like his "dinosaur" way of drafting kids wont be available on draft day. So need to worry about Spiller not being chosen by us.
[ Edited by jreff22 on Mar 18, 2010 at 2:35 PM ]

I really have no idea what any of this means.

Are we really suppose to believe that he is going through some extraordinary personal issue?
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

I love how 90% of the people on this board can't stand Scot, and don't want him as our GM...and now that he's not gonna be here for the draft, they're saying "Right before the draft! WTF?!?"

no kidding, huh?
Originally posted by danimal:
I really have no idea what any of this means.

Are we really suppose to believe that he is going through some extraordinary personal issue?

Why is it so hard to believe?

This happens all the time, whether it be for health issues (Urban Meyer), to be closer to your family (Bill Cowher), or for personal issues (Tiger Woods).
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

wow you keep geting funnier all the time
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
This is the outcome I was wishing for, better than a firing or resignation.
Share 49ersWebzone