LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 273 users in the forums

If we only had a pass rush

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fan49
  • Veteran
i keep hearing excuse for pass rush. talking about the secondary and more. our pass rush is fine. its irratating when people keep repeating this when there completely wrong

look for yourself

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=SACKS&season=2009&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go
[ Edited by fan49 on Mar 15, 2010 at 7:30 PM ]
I have been anoyed with the ignorance of people on this website too.
we have a great pass rush people just want to see a stud with 15 sacks a season.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
I have been anoyed with the ignorance of people on this website too.
we have a great pass rush people just want to see a stud with 15 sacks a season.

Welcome to the webzone
  • jrg
  • Veteran
The 49ers have a legit pass rush now.

Our main weakness is our offensive line.
I hate you.
We are 4th in the league with sacks. Most people just wants a dominant player to get in the double figures in the sack catagory.
An improved secondary will put just the slightest hesitation by opposing quarterbacks and receivers which will in turn create more sacks. If we get a guy like JPP, Morgan, or Graham in the draft, then great. But please, please a RT and LG early.
oops
[ Edited by ninerdaddy on Mar 15, 2010 at 7:55 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
An improved secondary will put just the slightest hesitation by opposing quarterbacks and receivers which will in turn create more sacks. If we get a guy like JPP, Morgan, or Graham in the draft, then great. But please, please a RT and LG early.

If the top OT's are gone by the time the Niners select at 13th and Joe Haden is still on the board. I would love for the niners to grab him and trade back with there 17th pick and get a late 1st and a 3rd round probably(i dont know how the vaule charts work). And select Brandon Graham or maybe Kindle from texas.
Two words for you.........spell check.

our pass rush is pretty good BUT there were quite a few games where we did not get any pressure on the opposing qb's. See Phi, GB, Minn and one of 2 more. Overall our team is good at getting to the passer and Brooks will get even better and emerge as a 10 sack guy if he actually gets more playing time. If we score a little more, which we most likely will, we will have the chance to get to the qb's more because we will have some leads in games, not to mention our run D is tops in the league
Originally posted by jrg:
The 49ers have a legit pass rush now.

Our main weakness is our offensive line.
i think this last year calmed some of the pass rush critics...i haven't seen too many zoners b**ching about it lately
we have a pretty good pash rush, but i still think we can improve at getting to the qb, we had games with 6 sacks, and games with none, we need to be more consistent and that comes with time i guess

Share 49ersWebzone