LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 429 users in the forums

5 Reasons Alex Smith is Going to Be a Top 5 QB in 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Alex Smith

Quote:
Things haven't gone well for Alex Smith during that last few years. After he was drafted first overall in the 2005 draft he's been hurt, replaced, taken a pay cut, and lost multiple coordinators. This last year we caught a glimpse of why the 49ers drafted him. Alex won his job back, and had a decent year. He completed over 60% of his passes, and for the first time threw more Touchdowns than INT's. Despite Alex's reemergence very few people who still believe Alex Smith has the talent to be a top 5 Quarterback in the NFL. I am one of them. Here are 5 reasons that Alex Smith will have a huge year and become and elite QB.

[ Edited by 49erFaithful on Feb 23, 2010 at 12:09:47 ]
Second post he had a terrible typo: "To secede Alex needs to know everything that every player is doing on every play. "

Guess Alex is seceding from the Niners? When will he leave?

[ Edited by Method on Feb 23, 2010 at 12:13:35 ]
Originally posted by Method:
Second post he had a terrible typo: "To secede Alex needs to know everything that every player is doing on every play. "

Guess Alex is seceding from the Niners? When will he leave?

WE MUST SECEDE!!!
I'll believe it when I see it.
1. because we wish it to be so
2. because we wish it to be so
3. because we wish it to be so
4. because we wish it to be so
5. because we wish it to be so
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
MM must have wrote that article.
IMO the # 1 reason for Alex to do good this next season is that it's a contract year. If he doesn't show up big then he's gonna get sent home.
had he played the whole year, he would have thrown 3,000 yards. I dont know if he would have thrown 20 td's...probably...but, I dont know.

If we improve the OLine just a little....guys, it will make a huge difference. I mean, we are potentially looking at big offense if we can get him and the Rb's some protection. It will be huge to get some good blockers.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Top 5? NO...top 10.....a good chance.

biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit of a stretch there.
Top 5!?!?!
?
Lets Go Alex you can do it
Why stop there?

Alex Smith > Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees all fused in one.
Share 49ersWebzone