LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

Niners had worst OL in 2009

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Matt Barrows article
This has to do with coaching more than OL talent. Read the article, they where predictable, or vanilla ice cream.

Coaching, horrible play calling, 70% of runs up the middle, all are horrible. Singletary declaring he will run it up the middle, then not being able to back it up, had its upside, Alex Smith got to start, and the spread formation will be hear to stay.
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Matt Barrows article

Worst coaching staff in football.... hands down. Not a guy worth keeping outside of, maybe, Manusky. This is why we will continue to blow chunks. If this division gets any better.... we're screwed.

Bye, Bye Sing.... Hello, Gruden!
Exactly why i have been saying Gore is a top back in the league. Give him a good OL and he`s gonna bring home a rushing title. He is still one of the best with one of the worst OL`s in the league....

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Feb 22, 2010 at 12:29:05 ]
Originally posted by posterX:
Matt Barrows article

Worst coaching staff in football.... hands down. Not a guy worth keeping outside of, maybe, Manusky. This is why we will continue to blow chunks. If this division gets any better.... we're screwed.

Matt Barrows article

Matt Barrows article

Back under the bridge troll...
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Exactly why i have been saying Gore is a top back in the league. Give him a good OL and he`s gonna bring home a rushing title. He is still one of the best with one of the worst OL`s in the league....

Hell yea he's a top back....dudes gonna light it up next year!!!

F-U gore haters.
Gore only needs a below average line to shine. But nobody can do anything behind the worst O line. I hope these CJ Spiller talks stop and this oline is fixed on day1 of the draft.
This isn't exactly news to anyone who watched the 49ers last year. I didn't need a fancy statistical analysis to confirm what I saw with my own eyes.

Iupati and Davis/Williams/Bulaga would help.

The OL coaching upgrade (Solari/Brown) should help as well.

• Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
This isn't exactly news to anyone who watched the 49ers last year. I didn't need a fancy statistical analysis to confirm what I saw with my own eyes.

Iupati and Davis/Williams/Bulaga would help.

The OL coaching upgrade (Solari/Brown) should help as well.

Fixing the o-line will solve alot of things.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

Hell yea he's a top back....dudes gonna light it up next year!!!

F-U gore haters.

Wow, that's harsh. I don't recall seeing a lot of Gore hate on this site.
BRING BACK KWAME
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
it doesn't matter how many OL picks and signings are acquired its a losing battle trying to block 8 or 9 men in the box,with 5 offensive linemen.keeping VD in to block on a regular basis is a waist of a weapon.Better to use offensive formations to force the defense to respect the edge .Quick pitch,sweeps,shuttlepass,sceen pass,swingpass pass in the flat and wheel route all keep linebackers honest.All of these options are twice as formattable with Spiller in the back field.
Tired of this football outsiders website. Not saying our line was great, but the analysis is so flawed it's not worth making it onto Barrows' blog.
Share 49ersWebzone