Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Morgan has played well, but Crabtree needs to get the ball more. He is dangerous with the ball in his hands.

Crabtree was blocking real well tonight.

thats what i was hoping but i havent seen any YAC from him yet. it seems like he always gets tackled as soon as he catches the ball

The only reception he had on Monday he picked up about 5 extra yards.

He made some big times moves after the catch. I actually think it was more like 10 yards.

That looked more than 10 yards. It was a quick pass and I was surprised at his acceleration. He started zooming upfield on his 2nd step.

I was talking about the quick pass to Morgan.

Yeah I remember that pass in the 1st quarter, he gained close to 20 yards on that...
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Morgan has played well, but Crabtree needs to get the ball more. He is dangerous with the ball in his hands.

Crabtree was blocking real well tonight.

thats what i was hoping but i havent seen any YAC from him yet. it seems like he always gets tackled as soon as he catches the ball

The only reception he had on Monday he picked up about 5 extra yards.

He made some big times moves after the catch. I actually think it was more like 10 yards.

That looked more than 10 yards. It was a quick pass and I was surprised at his acceleration. He started zooming upfield on his 2nd step.

I was talking about the quick pass to Morgan.

lol, ok but the convo you quoted we were talking about Crabtree
What I like about Morgan's catching is, from what I can tell, he always uses BOTH hands to catch the ball. I'm so tired of all these WRs trying to get those one-handed grabs.

For example, Gore's tipped pass for the int. Alex led Gore way too far. Gore tried to one-hand it, but, if you think about it... had Gore tried both hands, I think the ball would be less likely to be tipped so high. There is a better chance to get friction on the ball from more than one angle, also increasing the possibility for the catch.

(I'm not trying to put blame on Gore, just using that as an example where using both hands could help reduce the chance for the easy tipped ball interceptions)
i like morgan. he's got good hands, speed & elusiveness. to me IMO, morgan will be to the 49ers what john taylor was. not a #1 but someone who can burn ya if you think he's someone jus taking up a roster spot. i do think he's the right #2 for when teams want to worry bout crabs & davis
Ugh this thread makes my head hurt....

Morgan is great but to say hes better then crabtree is a huge stretch. I guess people have some memory loss when it comes to the 9ers... Crabtree has shown hes got great legs and really good hands. I believe it was the first game he played in he jumped up for a pass a good foot above his head and caught it by the back tip of the ball, not alot of recievers have that kind of hand strength. Hes the kind of reciever that can make big plays if given the opportunity, i think some of his atitude issues are more immaturity issues then "diva" issues.

Hes a kid.. but hes got some serious competive drive, see the Gore touchdown at the end of the saints game when he shoved the DB out of the way. Im not a fan of his practice ethic but i wouldnt peg him as a bust or cancer, people just freak out after week 2 when hes put up low stats... people will be in love with him again if he slashes through the cheifs secondary.
  • kw49r
  • Veteran
Josh Morgan = John Taylor!
Michael Crabtree < Jerry Rice but man I like watching him when he catches the ball. He snags, slashes and dashes!
Originally posted by kw49r:
Michael Crabtree < Jerry Rice but man I like watching him when he catches the ball. He snags, slashes and dashes!

Morgan is doing quite well as No 2 but to say he = John Taylor beggars belief. Did you ever see JT play?
  • kw49r
  • Veteran
Yes, and you are right, no where near JT but that is the role he is playing now. and it has been a while since we have had such a talented number #2 ala John Taylor. And its early still, Josh could prove to be as clutch. he has the talent, but you are right, lets not put josh there yet. JT did a lot to earn his spot in 49er lore.
He has a chance to be a good #2. Unselfish, make the catch when the ball comes his way, make the other team pay for doubling the other diva receiver. In the end all #2 receivers are underrated.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 25, 2010 at 7:55 AM ]
I hate to say it but no team is going to be afraid of our receivers if they are not deep threats. This why Vernon gets a teams attention. Unless Morgan and Crabs consistently get behind DB or cause trouble moving the chains like Welker, then all we have are on par NFL starting receivers. They don't strike fear in a team.

Originally posted by English:

Morgan is doing quite well as No 2 but to say he = John Taylor beggars belief. Did you ever see JT play?

Morgan definitely has the potential to be like JT, I'm more concerned about MC playing remotely close to JR!
Josh Takes crap from some guys on this site, but he is a solid #2 receiver. Some say he is slow, but he sure didn't look too slow Monday night. We are good at the receiver position, especially if Williams can play there too.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Josh Takes crap from some guys on this site, but he is a solid #2 receiver. Some say he is slow, but he sure didn't look too slow Monday night. We are good at the receiver position, especially if Williams can play there too.

he doesnt have straightline speed but he is shifty and quick
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by English:

Morgan definitely has the potential to be like JT, I'm more concerned about MC playing remotely close to JR!

Comparing Morgan with Taylor is ridiculous at this stage of his career. As ridiculous, right now, as comparing Crabtree with Rice. Taylor amassed 5,500 yards over 9 years with two 1,000 yard seasons. Morgan is on his third, his best being 500 in a year.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Morgan is a real solid receiver, I do wanna Crabtree take that next step. Then our passing game would be unstoppable, with vernon too.
Share 49ersWebzone