LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 445 users in the forums

Josh Morgan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's the offseason, and I'm snowed in right now, so I thought I would make a post about a guy who really doesn't get that much focus.

I think that most 49er fans were disappointed with his play this season. He had some good plays, mostly near the end of the season, but was not overly consistent. It seemed to me that once he was named the starter, his attitude changed. He made some big plays in his rookie season, and looked a lot faster as well. This past year, he looked a lot slower. Another thing that stands out to me, is he seems to have poor body language sometimes. I see him celebrate when we score TD's, but sometimes he looks to me to be unhappy on the field, like hes mad that the ball wasn't thrown to him or something. That's just me though.

I think were going to have a 3 way battle for that 2nd reciever spot this year. And I'm not entirely sure that he's going to beat out hill and Jones. What do you guys think?
he's a lucky Irishman???
I prefer cpt morgan
He should be better next season
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pelos21:
He should be better next season

Not with Alex around Pelos...
Remember me??

Cant wait to eat crow
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
I prefer cpt morgan

x2
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
I prefer cpt morgan

x2

Or Sailor Jerrys even. Thats 92 proof versus Cpt Morgans 70 proof. More bang for your buck!
HOF
1) He's never been fast.
2) He's always been overrated.
3) He sucks.

He had a few good preseason games against lack of top competition. I never understood all the Morgan hype on this site.

We have one legit WR. That is Crabtree. And we have a great TE. But we need a #2 WR and Morgan is not it. I'd rather see Jason Hill or draft another WR somewhere who you feel can be your #1 or #2. We don't have 2 elite guys right now.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1) He's never been fast.
3) He sucks.

He had a few good preseason games against lack of top competition. I never understood all the Morgan hype on this site.

We have one legit WR. That is Crabtree. And we have a great TE. But we need a #2 WR and Morgan is not it. I'd rather see Jason Hill or draft another WR somewhere who you feel can be your #1 or #2. We don't have 2 elite guys right now.

Im pretty sure he ran a 4.41 at the Combine coming into the league. That's pretty fast, no matter how you look at it.

Originally posted by Ether:
1) He's never been fast.
3) He sucks.

Im pretty sure he ran a 4.41 at the Combine coming into the league. That's pretty fast, no matter how you look at it.

He's always been slow. When did he ever run that?

Jason Hill runs 4.32.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ether:
1) He's never been fast.
3) He sucks.

He's always been slow. When did he ever run that?

Jason Hill runs 4.32.

Jason Hill plays like a WR should... Morgan just doesnt look natural, he catches with his body and it annoys me.
I like jason hill more than morgan. I seriously think he is better than morgan if he would be given as many snaps
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for prime21.
I think Hill is a better offensive weapon, but I also think that Singletary is only starting Morgan because he might be a better blocker than Hill or maybe a lil more physical.
Morgan did disappoint this year but hopefully it was the so-called sophmore slump.

I agree with the one poster who said Morgan isn't fast. He might have run a 4.41 or whatever but he isn't as fast with the pads on.

Also Morgan was a 6th round pick. Getting any production out of a 6th rounder is great. Hopefully Morgan, Hill, and Jones come to camp hungry and push each other to become the #2 receiver. Good thing about Singletary is, he will be willing to make any change necessary to get the right guy on the field.
Share 49ersWebzone