LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Josh Morgan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by DrofThuganomics:
Does anyone else think after two weeks he, not Crabtree, has proved to be our definitive #1 receiver?

Morgan
Week 1: 3 REC, 33 YDS
Week 2: 6 REC, 70 YDS

Crabtree
Week 1: 2 REC, 12 YDS
Week 2: 1 REC, 32 YDS

I would argue that Morgans grabs are just as or more impressive than Crabtree's, plus he doesn't have a piss poor attitude like Crabtree does doesn't fight with teammates, doesn't hold out of contracts. It seems like he just wants to play. He made a hell of a grab on our last drive.

Any thoughts?

Morgan has looked better through two games, but doesn't have half of Crabtree's talent. And on top of that, he has had a bad attitude many times while being a member of this football team. He has been a straight up loser on and off of the field on several occasions.

what the hell are you talking about? his agent was the problem not Crabtree???
Well normally recievers are expected to blossom in their 3rd year. So maybe he will develop into a great #2 this year.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The slowest starting WR in the NFL. I'm not too hyped about him. He's open because the double team falls on VD and Crabtree. So Alex trusts him and he is more open by default. We could use a better #2.

What a load of crap. Where do you get this garbage?
Originally posted by valrod33:
Morgan has played well, but Crabtree needs to get the ball more. He is dangerous with the ball in his hands.

Crabtree was blocking real well tonight.

thats what i was hoping but i havent seen any YAC from him yet. it seems like he always gets tackled as soon as he catches the ball
I remember when Morgan was a rookie everybody thought he was gonna be our number 1 WR and maybe be a pro bowler and once we got Crabtree everybody kinda forgot about him. I think he could be a very good player but I see Crabtree having a brighter future
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Morgan has played well, but Crabtree needs to get the ball more. He is dangerous with the ball in his hands.

thats what i was hoping but i havent seen any YAC from him yet. it seems like he always gets tackled as soon as he catches the ball

The only reception he had on Monday he picked up about 5 extra yards.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

It is still early in his career, but he looks like another McClueless epic fail, not producing the way a 10th overall pick should have. Dez Bryant looks like a better pick up than Crabtree, granted he has Romo throwing to him, but that punt return was nice as hell.

^epic fail

It's an epic fail if you think that Crabtree has been worth 10 overall so far. Hindsight, I would rather had had Orakpo, Cushing, Harvin, Matthews, Vonte Davis, Knox, or Nicks.

It is still very early, but you're insane if you think he has been worth 10 overall

Orakpo was the only guy that i would not have thought of it as a reach at 10th overall. Everyone here was amazed that Crabtree fell to us.

You can stop trolling........now
Does anyone else think after two weeks he, not Crabtree, has proved to be our definitive #1 receiver?

Morgan

Crabtree

I would argue that Morgans grabs are just as or more impressive than Crabtree's, plus he doesn't have a piss poor attitude like Crabtree does doesn't fight with teammates, doesn't hold out of contracts. It seems like he just wants to play. He made a hell of a grab on our last drive.

Any thoughts?

I was down on Morgan coming into the season but he has looked really good so far. He has also been one of the most vocal players (along with Davis) in support of his QB.
Originally posted by backontop:

He made some big times moves after the catch. I actually think it was more like 10 yards.
Originally posted by BHulman:

Morgan

Crabtree

Any thoughts?

I was down on Morgan coming into the season but he has looked really good so far. He has also been one of the most vocal players (along with Davis) in support of his QB.

I was really upset when I bought madden 2011 and morgans potential was downtuned to a B.

He was my favortie reciever last year, in saying that...He is my favorite player on the niners, along with Willis, Staley, and Bowman....and Andy Lee.

Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The slowest starting WR in the NFL. I'm not too hyped about him. He's open because the double team falls on VD and Crabtree. So Alex trusts him and he is more open by default. We could use a better #2.

I think Josh Morgan's speed is definitely underrated on the webzone

Must be underrated by our coaching staff as well, because you don't have that low of YPC unless you're a possession receiver.

What are you talking about? In the Saints game, he caught the ball and got an extra 5-10 yds on two defenders. He's always doing that.

He made some big times moves after the catch. I actually think it was more like 10 yards.

That looked more than 10 yards. It was a quick pass and I was surprised at his acceleration. He started zooming upfield on his 2nd step.
Originally posted by Joecool:

That looked more than 10 yards. It was a quick pass and I was surprised at his acceleration. He started zooming upfield on his 2nd step.

Originally posted by Joecool:

I was talking about the quick pass to Morgan.
Share 49ersWebzone