LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 370 users in the forums

Alex Smith 2009 Highlight Video

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
One problem with Smith that gets overlooked, is that he is only functional out of the shotgun. He was complete garbage in the first half of most games until Raye opened it up. He'll make a play action completion occasionally but for the most part he still looks lost taking snaps under center.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Alex's QB rating from behind center just as good or better than when he was in shotgun?

Shotgun: 138/229 60.3% for 1,346 yards 10 TD 6 INT 80.4 rating (5.88 YPA)
Under Center: 87/143 60.8% for 1004 yards 8 TDs 6 INTs 83.2 rating (7.02 YPA)

So people really need to drop it.

-9fA
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
One problem with Smith that gets overlooked, is that he is only functional out of the shotgun. He was complete garbage in the first half of most games until Raye opened it up. He'll make a play action completion occasionally but for the most part he still looks lost taking snaps under center.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Alex's QB rating from behind center just as good or better than when he was in shotgun?

-9fA

-9fA

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

-9fA

Completely agree, it's funny cuz in another post i said the same thing in regards to stats then someone, (who's name i wont say), decided that the numbers are misleading, and dont tell the whole story, and he tried to spin it a thousand different ways, all ending with the same conclusion, in me telling him that the numbers speak for themselves, he just didnt wanna accept it.

THE END
Share 49ersWebzone