There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Joe Montana vs. Tom Brady

• Shemp
  • Veteran
Joe cool didn't lose a superbowl and never played like Brady is in today's playoff game. There was lack of clarity and conviction on this debate a couple of years ago. No more. When the big games come, the debate is over. Joe Montana is the better QB.

Discuss.....
It's simple really:

When the oline fails, the qb fails.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Joe cool didn't lose a superbowl and never played like Brady is in today's playoff game. There was lack of clarity and conviction on this debate a couple of years ago. No more. When the big games come, the debate is over. Joe Montana is the better QB.

Discuss.....

This
Joe Montana has never lost a superbowl.

End of conversation.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Joe Montana is retired Tom Brady is still playing. Get use to it, this is what happens.
I thought it was Adam Vinatieri vs. Joe Montana. As far as contributing to post season wins.
  • wolfpack219
  • Info N/A
Ya it's amazing how when Tom Brady is under constant pressure he looks like s**t and constantly rolls out to his right. Geese if I recall that reminds me our OL and QB situation. I wonder how Alex would look if he actually had CONSISTENT protection?
Still one half to play Shaj.
anyone notice the way the Pats offense is playing? does it remind you of the 49ers? shotgun delayed handoffs in long situations, check down passes nowhere near the sticks, QB passing while hes running backwards?

notice a common theme? crappy OL play, which in turn affects the playcalling. its not Alex Smith, its not the receivers, its the OL. when the OL plays poorly, this is what happens. even if youre the Patriots.
Originally posted by wolfpack219:
Ya it's amazing how when Tom Brady is under constant pressure he looks like s**t and constantly rolls out to his right. Geese if I recall that reminds me our OL and QB situation. I wonder how Alex would look if he actually had CONSISTENT protection?

he would look how he's been lookin these past 5 seasons....like cr>p!
Originally posted by 9er_84:
Originally posted by wolfpack219:

he would look how he's been lookin these past 5 seasons....like cr>p!

such ignorance.

simple fans who only know "touchdown good!", "losing bad!" shouldnt open their mouth and remove all doubt, as Mark Twain suggests.
Originally posted by Niners99:
anyone notice the way the Pats offense is playing? does it remind you of the 49ers? shotgun delayed handoffs in long situations, check down passes nowhere near the sticks, QB passing while hes running backwards?

notice a common theme? crappy OL play, which in turn affects the playcalling. its not Alex Smith, its not the receivers, its the OL. when the OL plays poorly, this is what happens. even if youre the Patriots.

ive said this all season. It also falls on the O.C.. if the oc is too lame to adjust to the defense, its going to be a long day.

Discuss.....

I agree with you.

But Peyton > than Montana
Originally posted by krizay:

Discuss.....

I agree with you.

lol. 4 super bowls > 1 super bowl

Peyton Manning is Dan Marino with 1 ring.

Joe Montana is the greatest player in NFL postseason history. period.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by krizay:

Discuss.....

I agree with you.

lol. 4 super bowls > 1 super bowl

Peyton Manning is Dan Marino with 1 ring.

Joe Montana is the greatest player in NFL postseason history. period.

There was never a debate, just like with Bradshaw.

Before Joe even won a Superbowl, there was the Catch

Without the tuck rule, Vinateri, and Bellicheat, Brady is just a very good QB.

Joe, while everyone is hyperventilating in SB XXIII says "Hey Look, its John Candy" -- Instantly everyone is a cool as Joe Cool.

I respect Tom Brady and his accomplishments and wish him well because he is from San Mateo. But, I knew Joe Montana, and you sir, are no Joe Montana.