There are 317 users in the forums

Why I am worried about bring back Jimmy Raye

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
BUMP!

I haven't had a chance to see the game yet but I'm guessing we started out slowly, the first team offense looked ill-prepared and unimaginative, we focused mostly on the TE & RB's in passing with a heavy dose of predictable RB (plays), little on WR's, the spread or crossing patterns, shot-gun's, misdirections, etc. Focus was mostly on the basics and the RB and power running game in predictable sets and down? It's pre-season but seems to be him M.O. How far off was I? Fill me in...anything you saw that could be encouraging?

You pretty much described it. Pure vanilla, as expected for the first preseason game.

Other than what you describe: Iupati looks like the real deal, and given some experience will be tremendous.

A Davis has some catching up to do, especially on pass protection.

Both Baas and Wragge looked competent at center.

Boone played well at LT behind Staley. Sims did not play.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by jreff22:
its preseason, the 1st game of preseason at that so all u people b***hing about his playcalling need to just relax or ur gonna have a heart attack or s**t yourselves, whichever comes first.

That 3rd and short we had.....he called that dumb pass play. I know its preseason but I was like WTF.....maybe next week we use Dixon.

on the other hand we did put up 37 points so something was working
What worked was....

The playcalls for the 2nd and 3rd stringers was decently well rounded, vs the s**t that alex got.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
its preseason, the 1st game of preseason at that so all u people b***hing about his playcalling need to just relax or ur gonna have a heart attack or s**t yourselves, whichever comes first.

That 3rd and short we had.....he called that dumb pass play. I know its preseason but I was like WTF.....maybe next week we use Dixon.

What worked was....

The playcalls for the 2nd and 3rd stringers was decently well rounded, vs the s**t that alex got.

No, what worked was Dixon. Dixon was beasting the Indy back-ups, and they had no choice but to play run first. That opened things up downfield for Carr and N. Davis IMO.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
I'm one 3rd-and-10 bubble screen away from headbutting a sidewalk. I hate this guy.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

What worked was....

No, what worked was Dixon. Dixon was beasting the Indy back-ups, and they had no choice but to play run first. That opened things up downfield for Carr and N. Davis IMO.

yup, smith got stuck with stone hands, no vision M. Rob. i hope Dixon gets 1st team reps from here on out.
Originally posted by A-R-S:
I'm one 3rd-and-10 bubble screen away from headbutting a sidewalk. I hate this guy.

This play never works! The defense knows what's coming and it almost got Ginn killed yesterday. Somebody please rip it out of his playbook.
Originally posted by Loco49er:
Originally posted by A-R-S:

This play never works! The defense knows what's coming and it almost got Ginn killed yesterday. Somebody please rip it out of his playbook.

when indy runs their bubble screens it doesnt look anywhere near as bad as our disaster screens.
Just like last year, our starting offense was not successful on 3RD DOWN!!!!!
1 for 15 on 3rd down today. That is why I was worried about bringing back Jimmy Raye
At least we are improving the roster each season. When we finally get a legit coaching staff and QB in here this team should be a juggernaut.

can we get an official fire Jimmy Raye thread going?
I already got one, and it includes bigmike(BM). JR...in one word...unimaginative...oh yes, and slow, very slow on his feet. Just exactly like BM. The best thing for this team is if they gracefully leave now. Our team was beat after the first half, and they knew it. You could see they had no confidence in what was being called. And it showed.
Ill be honest it brought back memories of Hostler's play calling....fit a square peg in a round hole type play calls. I dunno this game was so frustrating.

[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Sep 12, 2010 at 21:50:05 ]
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
At least we are improving the roster each season. When we finally get a legit coaching staff and QB in here this team should be a juggernaut.

By that time we'll not have Lawson or Goldson. Luckily McDrunk is gone and Baalke can be our GM. We just need a staffing overhaul at HC and OC. Holmgren, Cowher, J. Harbaugh?

Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Ill be honest it brought back memories of Hostler's play calling....fit a square peg in a round hole type play calls. I dunno this game was so frustrating.

He's worse. We just have talent so it doesn't look as bad as it did when we had none AND had bad play calling.

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Sep 12, 2010 at 21:53:44 ]
Personally, baalke is the one guy who showed my chutzpah and stones. He also is smart, and his draft was stellar. HE is the guy i would like to see hire a real HC, and a real OC. Unfortunately the HC has to be an OC, or we won't be able to keep him. I have posted this for the last 3 yrs. BM(bigmike) is done here, and today proved it, just a redux of last yr, but worse. IF entire team plays crappy, it is the HC who is to blame, and he should gracefully find a way to exit here...and take JR with him.
Share 49ersWebzone