LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

fire the OL coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
someone posted up foeresters entire NFL history with his Olines' stats and the guy has been horrible on every team he's been on. can the sorry b*****d. if you guys are saying the coach wouldnt make a difference you didnt see how awesome our lines were when Bobb McKittrick was in charge and the huge drop off after he left. the o-line coach needs to go sooner rather than later
FIRE HIM NOW.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
someone posted up foeresters entire NFL history with his Olines' stats and the guy has been horrible on every team he's been on. can the sorry b*****d. if you guys are saying the coach wouldnt make a difference you didnt see how awesome our lines were when Bobb McKittrick was in charge and the huge drop off after he left. the o-line coach needs to go sooner rather than later

makes you kind of wonder why the fuq he was hired in the first place.
  • rubicon
  • Info N/A
I am hoping that Al Davis fires Tom Cable then we hire him to be the oline coach.

Reunite him with Rathman and put the heat on Raye to get the playcalling figured out.

I know it is far fetched but it keeps Cable in town and I think he brings attitude to the table and the o line is missing the nasty disposition that a good line requires.
Originally posted by rubicon:
I am hoping that Al Davis fires Tom Cable then we hire him to be the oline coach.

Reunite him with Rathman and put the heat on Raye to get the playcalling figured out.

I know it is far fetched but it keeps Cable in town and I think he brings attitude to the table and the o line is missing the nasty disposition that a good line requires.

That just doesn't make any sense around here because the Oakland O-Line was horrible under Cable. He is obviously a bad OL coach. Say what, they replaced him with another OL coach and their line still sucks? Wha?!?!?!?!
how everest gets fired before forester is beyond me
  • rubicon
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Gavintech:

That just doesn't make any sense around here because the Oakland O-Line was horrible under Cable. He is obviously a bad OL coach. Say what, they replaced him with another OL coach and their line still sucks? Wha?!?!?!?!

OK you just said in an earlier post that niether you or I can tell if a position coach is doing a good job. Now you are saying that Oakland had a bad line because of Cable?
The o-line was fine it was the QB that caused the problems in Oakland.
Baas and Rachal pretty much played their first full year at their OG spots. So it was an ugly learning year. Both excelled at run blocking, both need to get coached up at pass protection.

Now, IF Iupati is available, let them slug it out in camp!!
Originally posted by Gavintech:

OK you just said in an earlier post that niether you or I can tell if a position coach is doing a good job. Now you are saying that Oakland had a bad line because of Cable?
The o-line was fine it was the QB that caused the problems in Oakland.

Please read it again.

I have no idea if Cable is a good or bad OL coach even though I do know the Raiders O Line sucked when he was their position coach.
although i realize we do need more talent on the online, i have not been particularily impressed with what the online coach has done. we should have been better than what weve been. i would fire him. i bet the only reason he isnt fired is because of smith. smith gets rid of the ball faster, and was used in the shot gun more. so he was sacked less. just makes the o line look better than it is. just my opinion though.

• BobS
  • Veteran
He probably keeps his job because a replacement would cost more money, as long as the Yorks are in charge everyone needs to get used to the idea of not having a very good coaching staff. Wish for better all you want, it won't happen, good coaches don't work for peanuts, and that is all the Yorks are willing to pay.
Originally posted by DaysOfGlory:
Baas and Rachal pretty much played their first full year at their OG spots. So it was an ugly learning year. Both excelled at run blocking, both need to get coached up at pass protection.

Have you actually watched the games?
Most of the time Gore had NO room in the middle.

We struggled at short yardage, all signs that we did not create a push in the middle.
Originally posted by BobS:
He probably keeps his job because a replacement would cost more money, as long as the Yorks are in charge everyone needs to get used to the idea of not having a very good coaching staff. Wish for better all you want, it won't happen, good coaches don't work for peanuts, and that is all the Yorks are willing to pay.

Ridiculous post of the day (that says a lot).
Yes please fire the OLine coach.
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Originally posted by DaysOfGlory:

Have you actually watched the games?
Most of the time Gore had NO room in the middle.

We struggled at short yardage, all signs that we did not create a push in the middle.

"excelled" certainly is strong word, BUT compared to their PP, run blocking was better.

BTW, yes, I hated watching AND didn't the TANK get over 1,000 yds??

We definitely could use better coaching and OG play, but as a fan, I'm a glass half full type.
Share 49ersWebzone