There are 153 users in the forums

fire the OL coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by alburns:
It seems to be the Sing has been pretty critical of the Oline and their play. I would be suprised if the OL coach was kept on. The Oline needs a lot of help and development has been really slow.

the only thing I can see saving him is the whole, continuity argument, but at some point, enough is enough

BTW, if you look at the "Makeup of a O Line" thread, right now, the consensus is that the OL Coach is far more important than stability and chemistry. So most zoners I think just want to see Foerster replaced as of yesterday
Originally posted by danimal:
It seems to be the Sing has been pretty critical of the Oline and their play. I would be suprised if the OL coach was kept on. The Oline needs a lot of help and development has been really slow.

the only thing I can see saving him is the whole, continuity argument, but at some point, enough is enough

BTW, if you look at the "Makeup of a O Line" thread, right now, the consensus is that the OL Coach is far more important than stability and chemistry. So most zoners I think just want to see Foerster replaced as of yesterday

yeah, I agree with that as well. there seems to be some decent options out there right now, and that may be what they are waiting for
why hasn't he been fired!!!!!!!!
I've said this once I'll say this again. If Forester is not fired I'm officially off the Sing bandwagon. The guy will have proven that he just doesn't have what it takes to pick a good offensive coaching staff.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I've said this once I'll say this again. If Forester is not fired I'm officially off the Sing bandwagon. The guy will have proven that he just doesn't have what it takes to pick a good offensive coaching staff.

I agree, and I will be calling for his head if we don't make the playoffs or if the line continues to be garbage. Next year is his make it or break it year, he's not inheriting a horrible team like Nolan did. Nolan got fired because he couldn't produce wins; we're not rebuilding anymore, it needs to be playoffs or bust.

And he won't get a pass if the offense is horrible again, he chose to stick with Raye for continuity. If the offense sucks then Sing needs to take the blame for keeping him and GTFO!
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

I am more of a wait-and-see guy. I cannot believe that the O line will receive less than full attention during the off and in the draft.

But next season must show an improvent, hopefully a dramatic one.
I'd be fine with Forester getting axed, but only if a replacement has already been found. I don't want to see a repeat of the team's OC search from the last off season.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Because, no matter how much almost everyone here seems to think otherwise, firing a position coach does not make the team better.

Jay Cutler in Denver and Jay Cutler in Chicago are 2 different players. At he same time, Kyle Orton in Chicago and Kyle Orton in Denver are 2 different players. Coaching can make all the difference in the world. TBC sucked here, he's back to his old sacking/pressuring ways in NE. Talent is part of the equation, but coaching is how talent is harnessed and polished thereby making players full of potential into great players.

The OL coaching position on this team should be evaluated in the offseason!
Originally posted by teeohh:
Do we really want to take a couple of high round OL studs in the draft this year and let Foerster "coach them up"? I don't want to waste a year of their development.

I pray that Foerster is the problem here, as opposed to Scotty having a blind spot for OL talent. Getting a quality OL coach will give us these answers.

Who knows how much changing the Oline coach would help. Raye is still here. The problem lies somewhere between the talent (McC screwed up?), Raye, and the Oline coach. If Sing knows that the ownership will not dish out the $$$ to get someone better, and not just someone different, then whats the point? Then again, it's up to Sing to go to Jed and say, "I need this," and Jed needs to make it happen.

If you have inferior talent, then coaching WILL HELP, but only for so long. Eventually other coaches catch onto how you cover up for your weaknesses. Look how much McKittrick (sp?) helped us over the years with Olinemen that weren't even drafted often times. Then again, look at what Nolan did in Denver with a no talent D. They played great for the first 6 games, but eventually actually having a lack of talent caught up with them. Gimmicks only last so long.

You have to have talent, you have to have depth, and you have to be able to DEVELOP it from within in today's NFL.

[ Edited by GoldandGarnet on Jan 8, 2010 at 10:37:07 ]
Originally posted by danimal:

Agreed. I dont think that its a coincidence that Arizona's line became solid when Russ Grimm came to town.
Originally posted by teeohh:

Sorry to break it to you but I don't think they are firing him is the reason. hope i'm wrong b/c this dude has to go.
I would love to fire our OL coach and hire Cable to replace him....say what you want about Cable but he's a damn good OL coach.
As much as I'm a Sing supporter I can't defend not firing the OL coach, this is ridiculous.
Share 49ersWebzone