There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Very impressed with the 9rs and the organization this season...

Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Subject: Very impressed with the 9rs and the organization this season..

We will just have to disagree. I think 8-8 after 7 years of "rebuilding " is not impressive and you are impressed by 8-8. Then again you would not be old enough to remember how this franchise was once run. Every year it was super bowl or a failed season. If you'll notice most of my time has been spent showing how the team has taken 7 years and still gone nowhere yet. Is their light in the tunnel I believe so but it is still dim and they need leaps of improvement to get back to respectability.

Considering how dramatically the organization was shifted in 2002, what else can you expect? We unloaded all of our stars, changed coaches, GM, and just about the whole front office. Teams do not turn the corner in one year, especially with that much of a drastic change in team personnel. If a team does turnaround in a year, it is usually just a fluke...
Originally posted by Daa-Doo:
LMFAO ... it never fails. The vultures go right to hating. I wonder what a NFL team would look like with them as the leadership; them making the decisions. lol

Classic 9r haters.

No, a classic 9er hater is someone who enjoys watching them finish 8-8 while losing every meaningful game they played.
Originally posted by SJniner7:

We will just have to disagree. I think 8-8 after 7 years of "rebuilding " is not impressive and you are impressed by 8-8. Then again you would not be old enough to remember how this franchise was once run. Every year it was super bowl or a failed season. If you'll notice most of my time has been spent showing how the team has taken 7 years and still gone nowhere yet. Is their light in the tunnel I believe so but it is still dim and they need leaps of improvement to get back to respectability.

Considering how dramatically the organization was shifted in 2002, what else can you expect? We unloaded all of our stars, changed coaches, GM, and just about the whole front office. Teams do not turn the corner in one year, especially with that much of a drastic change in team personnel. If a team does turnaround in a year, it is usually just a fluke...

It's been 7 years. 7drafts , 7free agencies, they have been mismanaged for the past 10 years. I could have lived with a 2-3 year rebuilding but 7?
Originally posted by SJniner7:

It's been 7 years. 7drafts , 7free agencies, they have been mismanaged for the past 10 years. I could have lived with a 2-3 year rebuilding but 7?

Well, technically, it could be more than 7, as we have completely "rebuilded" yet... That being said, can you find a team that has rebuilded a team that quickly with such a large change in personnel? (i.e. 3 head coaches, 5 OCs, new GM, new owners, 3 new coaching staffs in seven years)
I agree. I'm not exactly thrilled that we're 8-8, but I am happy with the progress. Also, I'm comfortable with the direction this team is heading.

Consider this as well: Seattle and the Rams don't appear to be serious contenders for the division title. Warner's time in Arizona is coming to an end, which means, in the near future, we should be gaining a few division titles and getting more opportunities for another Super Bowl.

We're certainly on the rise and if you look around the league, you can't say that about too many teams. For a team on the cusp of the playoffs and with a developing offense, I share Daa-Doo's optimism.
Generally I HATE such upbeat sally sunshine posts, but this guy makes some good points, I will say that I did expect more from this roster, and I feel that as a team we UNDER achieved this season, but we are heading in a better direction, and Sing has shown the he can change. I hope that Sing realizes that many of our losses were due to his inexperience, I hope he takes that like a man and works hard this off season at improving his coaching, and comes back with a might vengeance and lays some justice down on the NFL next year!
We are in year 5 of the 5 years rebuild orchestrated by Nolan. Nolan's tutelage of Young Jed (he took him from a boy and made him a man) portend well for slogan "Win the West." Jed will soon achieve greatness and credit his mentor, whose tentacles of influence are felt everywhere from the mail room to the restroom.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
We are in year 5 of the 5 years rebuild orchestrated by Nolan. Nolan's tutelage of Young Jed (he took him from a boy and made him a man) portend well for slogan "Win the West." Jed will soon achieve greatness and credit his mentor, whose tentacles of influence are felt everywhere from the mail room to the restroom.

Dude, you sound like NHAPLAN aka jed_york!!!
I am impressed at the growth of our team from where we were just a short time ago, my friend. How can you not be? We were absolutely pathetic; and embarrassment to the league. How can you not see this and translate that into excitement that the team is heading in a good direction?

I get your meaning and agree 100%. It has absolutely nothing to do with being happy with mediocrity and they know it. Drama-whores like keeping the half-empty cup, full with sh*t, just so they can throw it in your face. The 9ers have finished the last 7-8 seasons with losing records and the possibility of the 9ers finishing the season 8-8 might not mean sh*t to them, but it means something to me. We are moving in a good direction.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
I am impressed at the growth of our team from where we were just a short time ago, my friend. How can you not be? We were absolutely pathetic; and embarrassment to the league. How can you not see this and translate that into excitement that the team is heading in a good direction?

I get your meaning and agree 100%. It has absolutely nothing to do with being happy with mediocrity and they know it. Drama-whores like keeping the half-empty cup, full with sh*t, just so they can throw it in your face. The 9ers have finished the last 7-8 seasons with losing records and the possibility of the 9ers finishing the season 8-8 might not mean sh*t to them, but it means something to me. We are moving in a good direction.

Ditto
8-8 ... not what we want, but for the first time, we are looking improved ...
  • BobS
  • Veteran
We are what our record says we are. Singletary went 5-4 to close out the season last year. Now he gets a full year and goes 8-8, how is that progress? Please explain. It seems like individual player improvements are not translating to more wins.
Daa-doo,

Thank you. I get so tired of the hate and it's absolutely ridiculous. The '04 team was the worst team I had ever seen. Not just the worst 49er team, the worst team ever. Meaningful rebuilding takes time.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

You hit the nail right on the head Obe, nice post...as usual.

You are easily impressed.