LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

batted down passes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Those batted balls were pissing me off!!! Alex needs to work on this in the offseason. The D line is predicting when hes gonna throw the ball because they know we like to throw our Tree screens. Hes getting alot better but hes still looking kind of mechanical in his throwing motions. Hopefully an offseason with the same regime can correct this.[/left]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by danielpritchard:
is there a stat for batted down passes at the line of scrimmage? i sware Alex Smith would break the record if there was lol, anyone else notice this? is it because they dont know how to throw the ball over 5 yards?

Thats probably the only record he'll break... oh, and the passes to the side line too.
told ya the next few posts completely ignore the fact that the best way to beat lineman jumping is to block correctly, like they did in philly.

the next person that posts, please include this, and then gon on with the smith hate.
R.I.P Batted Down
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
told ya the next few posts completely ignore the fact that the best way to beat lineman jumping is to block correctly, like they did in philly.

the next person that posts, please include this, and then gon on with the smith hate.

Scheme does make a difference but most teams don't take out the DL knees as often as you think and for as many times Alex is getting his batted on check downs, he's just as much at fault. He needs to start to shift into a passing lane.
  • fly15
  • Veteran

Excuses, excuses, excuses.... dude, cant u think of a better excuse.

its not HATE, its the truth....
Ive been a Smith fan since we drafted him. How can you not root for him? If he breaks out next season hes gonna turn out to be one hell of a number one pick.
Originally posted by fly15:

F*k it even if it is the truth, wouldnt you want him to get better just because hes the starting quarterback of our team. You will be eating crow by next seasons end.

Thanks brotha, in your attempt at bein a smart ass, you actually supported. Any other words than an adressing what the line can and cant do is hate.

So thanks for the support Hater.

And once again, no excuse, Philly knows how to correct the lineman from keeping their hands in the air. Dont believe me, Hmmmm, we did lose in philly right. Hmm, there was almost no sacks, correct. Hmm, but maybe we won the philly game and im just makin excuses.

Give me a break.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
R.I.P Batted Down

BATTED DOWN LIVES!

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pelos21:

F*k it even if it is the truth, wouldnt you want him to get better just because hes the starting quarterback of our team. You will be eating crow by next seasons end.

F..k it??? that shows me what type of attitude u have... no wonder u love alex.
if next year he's the superstar u dream of, I'll eat crow. but if he's not, you gonna eat PELOS.
is there a stat for batted down passes at the line of scrimmage? i sware Alex Smith would break the record if there was lol, anyone else notice this? is it because they dont know how to throw the ball over 5 yards?

Thats probably the only record he'll break... oh, and the passes to the side line too.

Too bad Rivers throws the ball away a lot more per attempt. Not only just season, but I'm sure he led the league the last two years. Very close this year with Ryan at the top with Rivers and Garrard right behind him. You don't watch many other teams every week so it's easy to assume he just throws the ball away too much or gets the ball batted down. Guess what though it happens to everyone.
[ Edited by Peanut49 on Dec 27, 2009 at 5:01 PM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:
ya now that you mention it, it is always to the right side lol, just like when he is under pressure he always rolls to the right, what gives?

Adam Synder

Exactly! He gets pressured from that side on every play
  • fly15
  • Veteran

Thanks brotha, in your attempt at bein a smart ass, you actually supported. Any other words than an adressing what the line can and cant do is hate.

And once again, no excuse, Philly knows how to correct the lineman from keeping their hands in the air. Dont believe me, Hmmmm, we did lose in philly right. Hmm, there was almost no sacks, correct. Hmm, but maybe we won the philly game and im just makin excuses.

Give me a break.

Its all kool dude, no hate. i actually was very happy he got another chance during the texan game. but what can i say.... sorry if i hurt ur feelings.

Give me a break.

Its all kool dude, no hate. i actually was very happy he got another chance during the texan game. but what can i say.... sorry if i hurt ur feelings.

Blah blah you do know McNabb leads the league in batted passes right?!?! I support Smith, but don't make silly statements.
Share 49ersWebzone