There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary apologizes to Alex Smith

Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by crzy:
I can't wait until 2011 when we've finally realized what has been 100% apparent from Day 1.... that Alex Smith is not the answer

I just dont know why all the animosity for a guy that replaced who some of you wanted. I mean does it really sting that bad.

Some of you forget that football is the game on Any Given Sunday for a team to pull out a win. How else do you explain the Saints losing, that game where Quinn and Stafford had almost 3 to 5 tD's a piece, and some of the teams the damn Raiders beat.

I mean anything can happen on any week, and ya'll crazy asses talkin bout 2011. Why are you guys even fans?
Granted that all INTs are not 100% the QB's fault. However, when there is an INT, it shows up on the QB stats, and not on some WR who missed the catch or bounced it around. There is a good reason for that.

It's really nice that there is this feel good thing going on between the HC and the QB, and the apology and all that. Bottom line, we are not in the playoffs.
"Once again", the 49ers feel that "next season" there is something "special" brewing with this team.
What can fans do? just wait and watch
  • Twister68
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
REally fellas. Are some of ya'll so helpless that u just look for s**t negatively.

No the reason he owed Smith an apology is for the same reason some of you haters fail to look at.

He apologized why, because in the beginning just like with some of us, ya'll say yeah it's all the QB. Then when an actual coach, not us fans, go back and look at the tape, he sees that it's not all Smith's fault. Some of you may want it to be, but maybe you misread when he said, did the receivers run the right route, did the oline protect, all those pieces that go into making a Star offense.

Say Smith sucks all you want, but the difference that i see with some is personnel. Let Smith be able to sit in the pocket for more than 2 seconds, like we let a lot of teams offenses. Philly, GB, and a few others. And then if he fails then b***h.

We talk about Davis and his wonderful TE play, but if you really wanna know why he wont make it to the probowl, watch clark, or welker, or gonzalez. See when the qb makes a bad throw, their almost diving, fighting every play. How many dropped balls have we had at key drives. How many Pro-Bowl TE's have as many drops as him.

When a QB on two separate occasions drives the ball down the field, during a time where we say watching the game, he needs to make it happen. Then what we get into the red zone, and Turn the ball over with a drop, and a fumble. Is that the qb's fault too.

I mean even with the statement games. There were two in particular we NEEDED TO WIN to even have a chance. that was Chicago, then Arizona. And what did Smith do, he helped us win. Those were the main games we needed to even have a talk about playoffs. But it was funny because then people started to come out. Hey we gotta win or he sucks. We win, then again, We gotta win or he sucks, then again, we gotta win or he sucks. I mean come on ya'll. Seriously?

Some of you can comment all the facets that make a team run effectively all you want. But the Qb's job is to throw right. Brees made a throw in their loss to a WR open in the endzone. But he missed the ball, and what happened. They loss. We have 10 drops in a game, and then have the audacity to say hey, the qb sucked.

Sing apologized because unlike Nolan, if he's wrong, he can be a man, and come out and say it. If anything it helps build that trust factor, just like Sing did with Davis. The coach said all 3 int's werent on him, in another game, Sing said most would say he threw 4 int's in another game, then he ended, no he didnt.

Some of you guys it seems like your happier when we just remain at a state of uncertainty every year. Well now we have a chance to have the key word i keep hearing, CONTINUITY. How bout we give it a shot.

Do you really think that these cry babies like crzy know something about route running, o-line protection and any other stuff like that? Oh no, I guess most of them don't even watch the games. They just waiting (they LOVE to wait) the game stats so they can come here and moan. What is the funniest part, they really think that they know better than our coaches and players.
REally fellas. Are some of ya'll so helpless that u just look for s**t negatively.

No the reason he owed Smith an apology is for the same reason some of you haters fail to look at.

He apologized why, because in the beginning just like with some of us, ya'll say yeah it's all the QB. Then when an actual coach, not us fans, go back and look at the tape, he sees that it's not all Smith's fault. Some of you may want it to be, but maybe you misread when he said, did the receivers run the right route, did the oline protect, all those pieces that go into making a Star offense.

Say Smith sucks all you want, but the difference that i see with some is personnel. Let Smith be able to sit in the pocket for more than 2 seconds, like we let a lot of teams offenses. Philly, GB, and a few others. And then if he fails then b***h.

We talk about Davis and his wonderful TE play, but if you really wanna know why he wont make it to the probowl, watch clark, or welker, or gonzalez. See when the qb makes a bad throw, their almost diving, fighting every play. How many dropped balls have we had at key drives. How many Pro-Bowl TE's have as many drops as him.

When a QB on two separate occasions drives the ball down the field, during a time where we say watching the game, he needs to make it happen. Then what we get into the red zone, and Turn the ball over with a drop, and a fumble. Is that the qb's fault too.

I mean even with the statement games. There were two in particular we NEEDED TO WIN to even have a chance. that was Chicago, then Arizona. And what did Smith do, he helped us win. Those were the main games we needed to even have a talk about playoffs. But it was funny because then people started to come out. Hey we gotta win or he sucks. We win, then again, We gotta win or he sucks, then again, we gotta win or he sucks. I mean come on ya'll. Seriously?

Some of you can comment all the facets that make a team run effectively all you want. But the Qb's job is to throw right. Brees made a throw in their loss to a WR open in the endzone. But he missed the ball, and what happened. They loss. We have 10 drops in a game, and then have the audacity to say hey, the qb sucked.

Sing apologized because unlike Nolan, if he's wrong, he can be a man, and come out and say it. If anything it helps build that trust factor, just like Sing did with Davis. The coach said all 3 int's werent on him, in another game, Sing said most would say he threw 4 int's in another game, then he ended, no he didnt.

Some of you guys it seems like your happier when we just remain at a state of uncertainty every year. Well now we have a chance to have the key word i keep hearing, CONTINUITY. How bout we give it a shot.

I do not support continuous attempts at mediocrity. We are not a charity. I want winners.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I can't wait until 2011 when we've finally realized what has been 100% apparent from Day 1.... that Alex Smith is not the answer

So you are rooting for the Niners to flop in 2010?

Go be a fan of the Raiders, the Niners don't need your type.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Also, Alex needs to assert himself as a leader out there. I wanna see him commanding respect and yelling at his WR's when they run an incorrect route or drop a ball. Wish Payton would mentor him.

Me Too! Peyton Manning is damn great a leader and damn beautiful with style offensive and create many different offensive.. damn i love him!
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Dec 22, 2009 at 11:22 AM ]
For what its worth Smith has already reached his career high in TDs (16) in only 8 games.
Originally posted by Sacto_49ersfan:
I can't believe Singletary would apologize to a player because he's mentally fragile and can't take criticism. Doesn't he want tough players? Come on... Alex needs to take the yelling and turn it around like VD.

I guess.. he should it..

I just dont know why all the animosity for a guy that replaced who some of you wanted. I mean does it really sting that bad.

Some of you forget that football is the game on Any Given Sunday for a team to pull out a win. How else do you explain the Saints losing, that game where Quinn and Stafford had almost 3 to 5 tD's a piece, and some of the teams the damn Raiders beat.

I mean anything can happen on any week, and ya'll crazy asses talkin bout 2011. Why are you guys even fans?

This isn't about Hill vs. Smith. You should have higher expectations as a fan especially a fan of our team who has always been known for exceptional QB play. We are not a smashmouth team or a running team. I don't live for miracles to happen any given Sunday. I want to go into every game knowing we can win. But when your QB can't get simple things like mechanics down after 5 years of being in the NFL then you have a glaring problem on your hands.
Originally posted by posterX:

I do not support continuous attempts at mediocrity. We are not a charity. I want winners.

Now keep that thought, and i hope you too know that a collective TEAM makes winners, not just one position, or person. Winners dont drop too many passes, Winners, fight for every play, no matter in single triple or quadruple coverage. Winners on D, make key stops when they are to be made. Winners, get pressure on the QB, and dont give up more than one big play a game if at all.

I disagreed when Sing Said that we have to play perfect ball. Thats not the case at all. We just have to capitalize when we have the opportunity on either side of the ball.

Also mediocrity is what we had when NOlan was head coach. You wont find that in Sings house. It's consistency that i want on both sides of the ball.

This isn't about Hill vs. Smith. You should have higher expectations as a fan especially a fan of our team who has always been known for exceptional QB play. We are not a smashmouth team or a running team. I don't live for miracles to happen any given Sunday. I want to go into every game knowing we can win. But when your QB can't get simple things like mechanics down after 5 years of being in the NFL then you have a glaring problem on your hands.

what!??? ur not make sense... you didn't have experience with ur eyes on player cuz u didn't have talent with ur eyes..
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Dec 22, 2009 at 11:49 AM ]
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

what!??? ur not make sense...

Enlighten me Buzz. I need a good laugh

You just said it brotha, and this time I agree, but you still left stuff out. AS USUAL. I never remember a QB getting sacked as much as Hill used too. I dont remember TE's or WR's dropping 10 passes in one game, and at least an avg of 1 to 2 td's per week. What else hmm. I didnt see a change every year in upper management. So you know what i have very big high expectations, but im also realistic.

We make a change mid season, to change an offense entirely to a new look, and really get upset when we struggle a bit. He's thrown for more TD's this year, than his other full season, and we b***hin about him. He scores more TD's on the board, than our first QB, and we b***hin. INT's come with the territorty some times. Not everyone, but if you know anything about QB, sometimes the INT's happen because your trying a throw you may not have made before. But you try it out, and if it dont work, try again. Yall would be happy if after his first INT, he went to the coach and said I just cant handle it, i need to sit down.

Thats why i say, as a fan, you should support whomever your team has under center. We aint been a championship team since before Alex got here, and i could see if he played 5 full seasons, then we could say he sucks even more. But come on, Still only 1 full season. And talk about improvement. first season 16 tds. Here in almost what 6 and matched that. Yeah thats really sucking.

YOu see my argument. IF some can look past the personal bias and hate, maybe they can actually see that we may be finally onto something. That this year, we can turn to an offense that utilizes all our weapons. NOt just mid season, but through OTA's, TC, Pre-season.

And the number one thing. Say what you want, but it's with Smith at Qb is why after HIll was benched we were still talking about the playoffs up until this Sunday. Finally a season where it wasnt in f**kin november, and we were talkin bout being out of playoff contention.

Anyone that cant see any positives out of all this, should be shot, drawn, quartered, and made raider fans.

You just said it brotha, and this time I agree, but you still left stuff out. AS USUAL. I never remember a QB getting sacked as much as Hill used too. I dont remember TE's or WR's dropping 10 passes in one game, and at least an avg of 1 to 2 td's per week. What else hmm. I didnt see a change every year in upper management. So you know what i have very big high expectations, but im also realistic.

We make a change mid season, to change an offense entirely to a new look, and really get upset when we struggle a bit. He's thrown for more TD's this year, than his other full season, and we b***hin about him. He scores more TD's on the board, than our first QB, and we b***hin. INT's come with the territorty some times. Not everyone, but if you know anything about QB, sometimes the INT's happen because your trying a throw you may not have made before. But you try it out, and if it dont work, try again. Yall would be happy if after his first INT, he went to the coach and said I just cant handle it, i need to sit down.

Thats why i say, as a fan, you should support whomever your team has under center. We aint been a championship team since before Alex got here, and i could see if he played 5 full seasons, then we could say he sucks even more. But come on, Still only 1 full season. And talk about improvement. first season 16 tds. Here in almost what 6 and matched that. Yeah thats really sucking.

YOu see my argument. IF some can look past the personal bias and hate, maybe they can actually see that we may be finally onto something. That this year, we can turn to an offense that utilizes all our weapons. NOt just mid season, but through OTA's, TC, Pre-season.

And the number one thing. Say what you want, but it's with Smith at Qb is why after HIll was benched we were still talking about the playoffs up until this Sunday. Finally a season where it wasnt in f**kin november, and we were talkin bout being out of playoff contention.

Anyone that cant see any positives out of all this, should be shot, drawn, quartered, and made raider fans.

Wrong. We were in contention last year until that Monday night loss against Arizona. With Hill at QB. Hill also did not start the entire season so that's completely irrelevant.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

what!??? ur not make sense...

Enlighten me Buzz. I need a good laugh

enlighten you? yep cuz ur not make sense.. i know how talent with eyes them on player cuz u didn't have it.. if u need to laugh then go ahead cuz ur dumb anyway..